India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude i m a die hard indian supporter. m jus being realistic. not pessimistic. this the is the last partnership u can pin ur hopes on. and anythin less than 400 for target is achievable. u see its aus after all

And did you see how well Pathan was bowling as well as Singh?

If Dhoni fails, we should drop him, and open with Karthik and he should keep. Its alot of work but he's a dynamic character and can do it.

You know what? Logically, dropping Dhoni after so many failures would be the right thing to do, but seeing the way India works, its not possible at all. This is the reason why Sehwag was initially given such a long rope when he was consistently failing (even now, he has easily come back into the team despite having a poor domestic season). These types of players are always given more preferrence because of the damage that they promise to make if they click

Abt the opening combo at adelaide, if jaffer is dropped what about Pathan opening the batting? he got 93 opening against srilanka.

You know what? Logically, dropping Dhoni after so many failures would be the right thing to do, but seeing the way India works, its not possible at all. This is the reason why Sehwag was initially given such a long rope when he was consistently failing (even now, he has easily come back into the team despite having a poor domestic season). These types of players are always given more preferrence because of the damage that they promise to make if they click

I think its the selector's bias. They always seem to prefer the North Indians, for some reason. It may be a coincidence, it might be politics.

Abt the opening combo at adelaide, if jaffer is dropped what about Pathan opening the batting? he got 93 opening against srilanka.

I wouldn't expect him to perform everytime against the Lee's and the Clark's.

Last edited:

Not a bad idea, because I hear that Adelaide will be flatter and good for batting.

I've always liked Lee. He's a nice guy, I remember getting his autograph when I was six at Sydney. He was so happy to sign them, too!

That reverse thing was so cool :D

If Dhoni fails, we should drop him, and open with Karthik and he should keep. Its alot of work but he's a dynamic character and can do it.

Right now, Dhoni is a way better keeper than Karthik. Karthik made quite a few dubious errors on a flat pitch. Dhoni's keeping well on a bouncy Aussie Pitch. I'm going to go with Dhoni over Karthik for keeping.

Karthik is also out of batting form. Despite the runs he scored against the Canberra XI I still think that Dhoni is a better finisher, and plays his role better than Karthik at opening. Karthik should be played in next series-I dunno if he's up to it this series.

dude indians r a bunch of hopeless hopefuls.. we ll hope to win from a seemingly impossible situation but also expect to lose from the most comfy position... and by god we re so often right...

pathan for opening no way. no more greg chappell tactics. i strongly believe the reason pathan's bowling form dropped was because of the extreme pressure that was put on him to become an all rounder

We cannot shove Karthik in when Dhoni has clearly gotten used to the Aussie pitches. It's not an easy transition to make and to understand the extra bounce of these wickets compared to India.

I'm happy with this line-up, tbh. If we are deadset on playing Harbhajan, it has to be at the expense of Jaffer who has been the only Indian batsman not to have got a score behind him.

there goes the the fate of the match.. the great indian batting collapse begins.
start counting the seconds now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread