India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that Pathan makes a better batsmen than a bowler?

For Indias sake in this match, lets hope Dhoni and Pathan can make a big partnership a quick one too. Dravid, Inzy and Afridi looking very consistant in this series.

prarara said:

Perhaps Yes ! But the question is, Is India able to accomodate another batsman in the presence of so many quality stroke makers? I think Pathan should concentrate on his bowling. The batting certainly adds an extra dimension to his game but his prime objective should be to become a wicket taking bowler because India need someone like him.

sohummisra said:
Well they're missing out on a spinner, then. And saisrini, what is up with your cowardly attitude. I, for one, hope that most Indian fans do not hope for rain and hope for some good cricket instead. The first session of perhaps traditional test match cricket, and you hope for rain? Yech.

The Indians now need to face out Shoaib tomorrow morning. I think if he makes early inroads, he may trouble the yet untested Indian middle order. On the other hand, I think if they survive the opening session, Dravid and Laxman will definitely start attacking the other bowlers.

At that moment of time, I felt India needed to save the test match! I didnt want India to lose the test match!

Great batting from Dhoni, Pathan and Rahul Dravid! Superb stuff! Sachin failed today and Yuvraj also failed (a chance for Saurav next game!). Dhoni was masterclass. He is our new sensational hero!

The pitch is definitely offering much more help now than before! Pakistan are two batsmen less. If India can rack up another 140-150 runs or so by lunch tomorrow, they equal or even better Pakistan's total! Then it becomes a one innings shootout with 5 sessions remaining and sadly, its Pakistan's 9 batsmen (8 wickets) versus India's 11 batsmen (10 wickets).

Come On India! I forget to evaluate india's chances with our master blaster Dhoni in the side. I underplayed Dhoni's role! That was my mistake! Sorry sohummishra!

Last edited:
@Hariz - Yup. He needs to realize that. Maybe give up practicing batting at all in the nets and keep working on his bowling. He can bat when he is older and keep getting better. While he is young he should focus on bowling.

India can still win this match, if only Dhoni and Pathan makes a big parnership and hurriers thier run/rate and the rest of the batsmen chips in with a few runs. India should bat fast tommorow and get close to 600 or over. Still could happen, we not out of this game yet!, we will go down fighting!. Lets say India gets another 150 runs in 40 overs and trys to bowl out Pakistan in 50 overs left in tommorows match and 1 session in the last day, and India will be left chasing a total in 60 odd overs, unless bad light stops play.

Still could happen, Indias not out of this game yet, India will go down fighting!.

Last edited:
Hariz said:
Perhaps Yes ! But the question is, Is India able to accomodate another batsman in the presence of so many quality stroke makers? I think Pathan should concentrate on his bowling. The batting certainly adds an extra dimension to his game but his prime objective should be to become a wicket taking bowler because India need someone like him.

Well, it depends on the conditions and the pitch. If the next pitch at karachi offers some seam movement and pace, we need 3 pacers and a lone spin bowler. Then we can go in with 4 bowlers plus an additional batsman (Saurav!). If its a turning wicket, we need two seamers+two spinners and a batsman!

Indiangod said:
India can still win this match, if only Dhoni and Pathan makes a big parnership and hurriers thr run/rate and the rest of the batsmen chips in with a few runs. India should bat fast tommorow and get close to 600 or over. Still could happen, we not out of this game yet!, we will go down fighting!. Lets say India gets another 150 runs in 40 overs and trys to bowl out Pakistan in 50 overs left in tommorows match and 1 session in the last day, and India will be left chasing a total in 60 odd overs, unless bad light stops play.

Still could happen, Indias not out of this game yet, India will go down fighting!.

Thats good! Thats a more realistic optimism that what I have!

prarara said:

I would agree with you, YES!

He now is a better batsman than a bowler! Lets hope the runs he scores brings the confidence back in him to bowl better in the 2nd innings! Pakistan are definitely gonna bat!

I don't think Pathan is more of a batsman than a bowler. He is just going through one of his [much too frequent] periods of bowling gloom. He needs to get that sorted out before the England series. Great batting from Dhoni. The question of a result has come down to one factor--a batting collapse. If India can stimulate a collapse (especially given Pakistan have only 8 wickets), they could be in chance of a chaseable total. If Pakistan dismiss India quickly tomorrow and then rack up 200-300 runs quickly (no problem with Afridi blasting off), they could stimulate an Indian batting collapse, especially on the 5th day pitch.

I think it's up to India, now, to take the initiative and force this game into a result. Their attitude with the bat tomorrow will be mroe than enough evidence of the same.

If India is going to win this match, Dhoni should stay thier for a while and get the occasional boundries, Pathan should blast off and also protect his wicket to make a big partnership with Dhoni, and the rest if the Indian batsmen should chip in with some quick runs.

India bowlers should come steeming in and attack the batsmen at all times, India must get Afridi and Moyo out quickly, them 2 batsmen can take the game away quickly if still thier.

Last edited:
Don`t u guys think that this game is going the 2003 Adelaide test way ?
In that test match India were 400 odd for 7 going into Day4 in their first innings against the Australians.
The Australian IInd innings began just before lunch on Day4 . They were bowled out before tea on Day 4 and India won .

Kumble will be a force in the 2nd innings and Zaheer Khan was looking good as well in the 1st innings.
Also, Pakistan have just 9 batsmen (unfortunately) .
We have a lot of reason to be optimistic.
Even if we concede a lead of 50 to Pakistan, I believe we can bowl them out since th pitch is starting to turn.

Indian bowlers have taken more wickets in this series than Pakistan .
India have just lost 6 wickets for 845 runs (AVG of 140.33 per wicket) !
Pakistan , on the other hand have lost 17 for 1267 runs (74 runs per wicket) !

Its too early to predict anything. India would want Dhoni to open up tomorrow morning and Pathan to get the occasional boundaries.
It will be disastrous if we write down pakistan batting line-up despite them missing Inzi and Butt? (or malik?)...but they still have afridi, younis khan and M. Yousuf who are very good batsmen in sub-continental pitches, and they wouldn't let the game go that easily. Don't forget Razzaq and may be akmal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread