India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope Dhoni makes a big score tommorow , he is known for his long innings in ODIs lets see how he does in tests
btw i the pull shot by dhoni off shoab for a 6 was a beauty!!!

was it? too bad, i could only check the scores online. They will update the match in NDTV/DD news, so i'll check that tonight.
hook for six...that too of Shoaib is superb!

aditya123 said:
Don`t u guys think that this game is going the 2003 Adelaide test way ?
In that test match India were 400 odd for 7 going into Day4 in their first innings against the Australians.
The Australian IInd innings began just before lunch on Day4 . They were bowled out before tea on Day 4 and India won .

Kumble will be a force in the 2nd innings and Zaheer Khan was looking good as well in the 1st innings.
Also, Pakistan have just 9 batsmen (unfortunately) .
We have a lot of reason to be optimistic.
Even if we concede a lead of 50 to Pakistan, I believe we can bowl them out since th pitch is starting to turn.

Indian bowlers have taken more wickets in this series than Pakistan .
India have just lost 6 wickets for 845 runs (AVG of 140.33 per wicket) !
Pakistan , on the other hand have lost 17 for 1267 runs (74 runs per wicket) !

Yes, So far, I feel this match is turning out to be close to Adelaide. But the next two days will decide whether its a repeat of Adelaide of just another boring drawn game!

I too feel our bowlers have the skill to bowl out Pakistan for 200 or so! If we try to score at 5 runs per over in the first session tomorrow on Day 4, we get 175 runs (since the first session is a 2 and a half hour one!). That takes out total to 616 which is 28 run lead for us! I think that itself would be enough. Then put in Pakistan to bat and try to bowl them out for 200 or less. And that too before end of Day 4 or before the first hour of Day 5. And then there is the equation - score the runs to win!

avk2love said:
i hope Dhoni makes a big score tommorow , he is known for his long innings in ODIs lets see how he does in tests
btw i the pull shot by dhoni off shoab for a 6 was a beauty!!!

I heard his batting was devastating! Gr8 to see him flourish in the tests also! Now Parthiv and Dinesh can cool their heels for a longer time before they come in to the squad!

saisrini80 said:
I heard his batting was devastating! Gr8 to see him flourish in the tests also! Now Parthiv and Dinesh can cool their heels for a longer time before they come in to the squad!
I saw some of his shots today and man, they were awesom. He invented a new shot today "REVERSE STRAIGHT DRIVE" of Kaneria. Has anyone seen that??
Now he is far ahead of Parthiv and Dinesh. They can sit back and enjoy now. :happy :happy :happy :happy

ZoraxDoom said:
No way!!! Parthiv is our future opener, and Dinesh will replace Dravid!! Heed my words!!

Unless the sky breaks open and swallows all of us, I cant see Dinesh Karthick replacing Dravid! Venugopal Rao is waiting for replacing Dravid once he is done! Why have two keepers when 1 is so good at batting and can open up drawan test matches into potential winning ones?

True, and there is a talent of quality batsmen waiting to get into the tests. Kaif is one, he may get the nod soon. V. Rao, Raina and even A. Rayudu are playing well in domestic tournaments.

Great performance from Dhoni and Pathan. If it were the old days I would have seen this team fold under 350 runs and followed on but its nice to see that players like Dhoni and Pathan are in the side and are showing tremendous fighting spirit and maturity (Pathan has matured in such less time).

I think the innings Dhoni played was what was needed to be played. Sometimes you have to fight aggression with aggresion. I do not think that a Parthiv or a Karthik would have been able to wipe off the deficit like Dhoni and Pathan did.

I hope Dhoni develops like a Gilchrist for India. Not saying that he is like Gilchrist but saying that he takes the role similar for India to how Gilchrist has taken for Australia.

And, lastly I hope that Pathan gets his hundred tomorrow. He has been close so many times but lets hope that he gets there tomorrow.

Just read an article in indiatimes. Here is the link http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/msid-1383334.cms. At the top you read it says "Dhoni ne dho dala!" Lol I love that sentece Dhoni ne dho dala!. Anyway superb batting by Dhoni and Pathan. Pathan is just one run short of 50. Dhoni is a man. Hope they Both can carry on. Anyway Rahul Dravid who scored consective hundred in 2 test. The most credit goes to Dravid, Laxman, Dhoni and Pathan.

Indiangod said:
Lets hope India continues fighting and belives they can win from any situation.

India can still win this game though its not the most likely situation as of now.

Bob Woolmer again put the blame on the track, but I would say that that was wrong. The track offered hope for the bowlers who bowl to the line! Its just that the batsmen are in prime form and are bludgeoning each other's bowling attack! The pitch offers uneven bounce at one end and it might suit Anil Kumble more tomorrow (if he comes on to bowl!)

saisrini80 said:
India can still win this game though its not the most likely situation as of now.

Bob Woolmer again put the blame on the track, but I would say that that was wrong. The track offered hope for the bowlers who bowl to the line! Its just that the batsmen are in prime form and are bludgeoning each other's bowling attack! The pitch offers uneven bounce at one end and it might suit Anil Kumble more tomorrow (if he comes on to bowl!)
I think its imperative for the remaining Indian batsmen to score another 100-120 runs tomorrow. That will ensure that Pakistan will not have a significant lead and also ensure that Pakistan does not have enough time to put up a huge total for India to chase even if Afridi/Razzaq/Akmal go berserk.

so wat do u think guyz...is Dhoni going to play well 2moro??? I think Yes....and his going to score over 200.....and Pathan is going to score around 150....

Aniwai i was right that Dhoni is going to play better....and wrong about sachin....

Sachin_007 said:
so wat do u think guyz...is Dhoni going to play well 2moro??? I think Yes....and his going to score over 200.....and Pathan is going to score around 150....

Aniwai i was right that Dhoni is going to play better....and wrong about sachin....
hey man...
200 from Dhoni and 150 from Pathan means combined 200 runs more... I don't think they will be able to have another 200 run partnership tomorrow on the 4th day of the match. I would be more than happy of India puts another 120 runs on the board tomorrow with Pathan possibly scoring his first hundred.

Good batting by both batsmen, I thought we had India in a bit of trouble when Tendulkar got out. Although the bowlers bowled pretty well, and the batsmen had trouble but both batsmen are playing well. Tommorow we have to get Dhoni or Pathan out ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread