India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
siddharth2002 said:
Adaptation is the key and Afridi lacks it hence never been successful against teams like Aus, WI, SA, NZ, ENG.

You are right about the consistency and adaptation thing, but wait till Dhoni performs against the sides you mentioned and remains that consistent so that everyone can decide for himself, if he is a class wicket-keeper batsman. :rolleyes:

Akram786 said:
Kaneria needs to come in after lunch.

Asif is a great bowler I don't know why you're bashing him. He was bowling it in the right places and swinging at times.

We need to get them all out before lunch I think or say HELLO TO A BORING DRAW.
You are contradicting. You want the remaining wickets to fall before lunch and want Kaneria to bowl after lunch to whom, to the kids playing outside the ground. Or if Dhoni stays till lunch then sure Kaneria is welcome cause we will be needing some quick runs for declaration purposes.

Hariz said:
You are right about the consistency and adaptation thing, but wait till Dhoni performs against the sides you mentioned and remains that consistent so that everyone can decide for himself, if he is a class wicket-keeper batsman. :rolleyes:
Oh yes he will do that for sure. the Eng series is not too far away and obviously nobody makes 184 chasing under pressure, I think the comparisons are fruitless, Dhoni is in different and better league where we need to see if he can be like GIlchrist for India. I actually thought that Dhoni was only good against spin bowling but after reading comments and reports about his hooks and pulls I m sure Flintoff and co. will have a torrid time and SA were lucky that Dhoni wasn't promoted in the recent concluded ODI series.
As far as Afridi is concerned he has just started to show some form but obviously he was never out of form against India so here goes nothing.

Dhoni said:
I love this guy Dhoni. He's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers I want Dhoni to hit most number of sixers in cricket history.

I wish he could do that.....But GOOD LUCK INDIA!! AND PAKISTAN!!

Donhi was magnigicent and I saw his reverse straight drive, it was fantastic and is a new invented shot by Dhoni. This lad does have fantastic batting skill and is already rated highy by many former keepers. He can probably be as dangerous as Gilchrist in about 2 or 3 years time. Pathan again has shown he is a true all rounder and provided very good support to Dhoni. I would say Pathan and Bravo would be the next two best all rounders in world cricket. Also interesting that there is some heated discussion between Afridi and Pathan. Kaneria also hurled the ball at Dhoni's head to intimidate him and vented his frustration. I think the Pakistani's are attempting to adopt the Australian sort of attitude by intimidating and frustrate the batsman with sledging and throwing the ball at the batsman.

kodos said:
Donhi was magnigicent and I saw his reverse straight drive, it was fantastic and is a new invented shot by Dhoni. This lad does have fantastic batting skill and is already rated highy by many former keepers. He can probably be as dangerous as Gilchrist in about 2 or 3 years time. Pathan again has shown he is a true all rounder and provided very good support to Dhoni. I would say Pathan and Bravo would be the next two best all rounders in world cricket. Also interesting that there is some heated discussion between Afridi and Pathan. Kaneria also hurled the ball at Dhoni's head to intimidate him and vented his frustration. I think the Pakistani's are attempting to adopt the Australian sort of attitude by intimidating and frustrate the batsman with sledging and throwing the ball at the batsman.
Simon Jones actually hit Hayden when he got frustrated. Although I think it was unintentional. But, hurling the ball to wicket-keeper can sometimes cause harm to the batsmen.

vibs89 said:
Just read an article in indiatimes. Here is the link http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/msid-1383334.cms. At the top you read it says "Dhoni ne dho dala!" Lol I love that sentece Dhoni ne dho dala!. Anyway superb batting by Dhoni and Pathan. Pathan is just one run short of 50. Dhoni is a man. Hope they Both can carry on. Anyway Rahul Dravid who scored consective hundred in 2 test. The most credit goes to Dravid, Laxman, Dhoni and Pathan.

Yoo you dont love the words boom boom. :D

kodos said:

Actually, England did that a lot! Thats how they got Inzi run out, becuase he was trying to evade the throw from Harmison.

kodos said:

If you have seen the whole you surely would have seen the Indian bowlers did this a lot. And I don't like this too.

Yes i notice the Indians have been doing it as well but I think Afridi and Kaneria went over the top. Coertzen did well just to calm things down and just warn them. Also Younis Khan did pretty well to warn his bowlers not to go over the top.

It was nice entertainment provided from both sides, although this match is also nearing towards a draw.

I wouldn't discount a result quite atm. If Pakistan can pick up Donhi early than I expect there won't be much tail end resistance. Also the Pakistanis may possibly bring Afridi to open or up the order to score quickly and get vital runs. I hope for a result but I also expect a draw atm.

kodos said:

Dhoni did not invent that SHOT! Mohammed Azharuddin is known of playing that shot and he used to play it! So its not a new invention!

ZexyZahid said:
If you have seen the whole you surely would have seen the Indian bowlers did this a lot. And I don't like this too.

Indians intimidated the Pakistani batsmen! When?

If they really did, wow! We are not known to do such stuff! I dont think the Indians would do as much as what Afridi and Akthar did yesterday! They were awful!

I especially loved the way Irfan responded with a hooked four off Akthar and then giving a piece of his mind to him while walking back to the crease!

Gosh what is with your attitude nowadays Sai. Fine I am wrong but why respond in that matter.

Also it is just a game so just relax. A Cricket match is for entertainment and shouldn't be taken so seriously. If India are behind than so be it no need to show anger to other members of the forum

Pak_cricketer said:
Hmm I don't think he can beat Afridis rate, Afridi has 19 sixes already in this series! :eek:
He`ll eventually beat Afridi if he plays as many matches !
I haven`t seen a more clean striker of the spinners than Dhoni !
He has almost a 100% success rate of hitting sixes whenever he plays spinners !

From this stage of the game, the only way there can be a result is if India bowl Pakistan out because Pakistan with just 9 batsmen are not going to force the pace and set a target.

Pakistan`s negative mindset by selecting Razzaq over Rana to strengthen the batting has now backfired on them.
Had Pakisan got a wicket immediatly after Tendulkar`s downfall, they would have been on top at this stage and for that they needed a bowler like Rana !

Also, should Tendulkar have walked ala Gilly style ?
Replays show that his hnd was off the bat when the ball touched the gloves !
His bat was in the left hand while the ball touched his right glove which was off the bat !
Tendulkar has got a lot of rough decisions recently and even his whole career . He does`nt get to stay back when the umpires` decision is wrong , so why should he walk when the umpire has not given him out !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread