India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be one boring test match for the team supporting the bowling side. The batting side is always great to watch.
Pathan probably would get into the side as a batter now and not a bowler the way his bowling is these days.

Pathan is still a very talented and skillfull bowler but the pitches are just not supporting him. I bet even McGrath or Pollock won't get much assistance out of this pitch.

aussie1st said:
This must be one boring test match for the team supporting the bowling side. The batting side is always great to watch.
Pathan probably would get into the side as a batter now and not a bowler the way his bowling is these days.

ya...i always like to see the batting side....especially when dhoni is batting...

Sachin_007 said:
wat r u talking about??????? :eek:
Check his Sig, thats what he is talking..

aussie1st said:
Its crap for bowlers but making me wonder what will happen in the ODI's on same sort of pitches. I m thinking 400 is not far away. Its gonna be an Asian team to do it.

Did you see Aktar is trying purposely throw the ball on Dhoni head. Anyway Aktar didn't behave well. And Dhoni in reply smacked 3 fours in 1 over.

vibs89 said:
Did you see Aktar is trying purposely throw the ball on Dhoni head. Anyway Aktar didn't behave well. And Dhoni in reply smacked 3 fours in 1 over.

he had that attitude problem in the past and it led to his downfall many times. and..he has not learned anything from that yet. If he continues to behave that way...he may well find himself knocked out once again.

Anyway, wonderful innings from Dhoni. 144! India will be looking to occupy the crease until lunch and then try wacking the bowlers to get close/beyond the total of 588.

Will this be the day Pathan finally makes his 100? If he does his batting side for being an all rounder would be covered. Just needs to get the bowling side sorted.

I haven't seen him basically since 2003/04 tour of Australia, but he looks like being a big part of India's future, and even then when he was a raw 19 or 20 year old he was a hard hitting lower-batsman who played straight and had a relatively sound technique if he concentrated. Hopefully he achieves the century, I imagine it'll help his confidence having been so close a few times, and possibly become a genuine all-rounder.

I wonder what the Indian strategy from this point onwards is. After Dhoni fell, they seemed to go into their shell for a bit, but now Pathan is opening up again. And he's just 16 runs away from that maiden century.

aussie1st said:
Will this be the day Pathan finally makes his 100? If he does his batting side for being an all rounder would be covered. Just needs to get the bowling side sorted.
Unfortunately Pathan was again out in the 90s.
That is a nice problem to have though ! Iam sure that once he gets a 100, he`ll learn to convert his 90s to `100s.
And Aussie1st, I feel , he`ll sort his bowling problems sooner or later and he`ll get better pitches to bowl on in the future !

Funny tactics by India though, why are they batting so slowly !
I feel they should declare by lunch .
Even Bhajji who is naturally attacking is playing defensively !

Well I just hope Pathan doesn't end up like Warne may do where he always comes close to a 100 but gets out just before it.
Bowling wise RP Singh did take wickets as a pace bowler so it is possible to get wickets on these pitches but definitely a bit unfair to judge Pathan on these pitches.

Whose this Bhajji you are talking about? Anyway I reckon India are trying to get a decent lead if they can. Then try and bowl Pak out by day 5 and chase the runs down. Optimistic thinking on this pitch though.

You jinxed him aussie lol :D Again out in the nineties and I feel sorry for him. He did extremely well to reach to the 90's and supported Dhoni. Bhajji is Harbajan Singh, just his nickname like the Aussies call Gillespie Dizzy or Clarke Pup. I watched Pathan's innings and it looks like he is very technically correct and has improved greatly than I last saw him when he made his debut in Aus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread