India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
muhammad_inzi said:
Yeah I saw the news. They said that first ten overs will help the seamers get early wicket. I think Dravid will pick bowling.

Intresting facts both team are very confidence and very strong team

India won 8 games out of 11.
Pakistan won 10 games out of 12.

Well, India are coming off a heavy test defeat in Karachi and Pakistan are coming off a huge win in Karachi! So some scars might still remain in the Indian team!

So as of now, Pakistan start off as favorites! Also because of their good form in the ODI's off late!

in 15 minutes the match starts. I'll be watching it, and hopefully Pathan can pull of 3 consecutive hat tricks. :)

Akhtar is out? Just checked it and he is.

Here are the teams for the first ODI.

Pakistan team:
Shoaib Malik, Salman Butt, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf,
*Inzamam-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, +Kamran Akmal,
Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul.

Supersub: Arshad Khan.

India team:
V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar, *R Dravid, Yuvraj Singh, M Kaif,
+MS Dhoni, IK Pathan, AB Agarkar, S Sreesanth, M Kartik, Z Khan.

Supersub: Suresh Raina.

Last edited:
You're sure he is rested? I didn't read any news about it. A bit weird, since he is supposed to be the leader the bowling attack. But from the other Gul is a good replacement and it will be I following him for the first time. I heard he has a good bowling record.

India picked a much better pace attack and Pathan can bat anywhere so they don't lose out on the batting too much. Should be interesting seeing if Asif can use this early movement.

aussie1st said:
Werid decision, Pakistan win the toss and bat first on a flat track that is made for batting.

No! He has taken the right decision!

It is said that the pacemen will get some assistance in the first 15 overs! India should bat really carefully during this period and not lose too many wickets! Then they can look to step up the scoring rate!

I would say send Kaif at No.3! This way, he can may be avoided for the slog overs! He is poor at the slog overs! He doesnt hit hard!

aussie1st said:
India picked a much better pace attack and Pathan can bat anywhere so they don't lose out on the batting too much. Should be interesting seeing if Asif can use this early movement.

Yes! India have 5 bowlers! Good decision!

Barring a huge collapse, I dont see why all the 5 bowlers wont play today! Sreesanth and Agarkar should open for us (lets discuss abt tht when their turn comes to bowl!)

WE LOVE U SACHIN! C'mon! We expect a big hundred from u today!

Pak_cricketer said:
Yep he has been rested. For Gul.. Not a bad desision, as Gul also gets a lot of swing.

I am just reading this: Shoaib Akhtar is injured and Umar Gul finds a pace in the playing eleven.

saisrini80 said:
No! He has taken the right decision!

It is said that the pacemen will get some assistance in the first 15 overs! India should bat really carefully during this period and not lose too many wickets! Then they can look to step up the scoring rate!

I would say send Kaif at No.3! This way, he can may be avoided for the slog overs! He is poor at the slog overs! He doesnt hit hard!

Yes! India have 5 bowlers! Good decision!

Barring a huge collapse, I dont see why all the 5 bowlers wont play today! Sreesanth and Agarkar should open for us (lets discuss abt tht when their turn comes to bowl!)

WE LOVE U SACHIN! C'mon! We expect a big hundred from u today!

Just send Pathan :D He is the perfect number 3. But I agree with you Kaif would be better sent in at no 3. Dravid also could be given a try there as I don't rate his hitting during the slog overs.

Wow! Sehwag is out by the first ball by Asif. This guy is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread