India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may also be a problem with selection. There are too many big names that have permanent spots in the team for us to select a team that changes often and is flexible. The problem is that the same players who earlier were performing well are now not performing. However, it is difficult to drop them for someone untested, because knowledge is limited to the past, not the future.

If you are refering to Ganguly...i don't think it was fair to drop him...despite his recent form. It defies logic.
Kumble: again..defies logic..on what basis is he dropped..if the coach is looking to "gel a team for the World Cup"...
The thing is, the selectors and the team management should set up priorities.
First should be pace attack-- we need fast bowlers, and the current bowlers need to increase their pace.
Second: need a bowler who can replace Kumble. Players like kumble are not easy to find, both his skill and temperament. Bringing in powar and kartik for short term solutions/1 or two matches won't do the job. Instead play kumble himself.
Three: Increase the roles for more flexibility in the team. Sachin/Sehwag combo bowling etc. can be utilized.
Four: have good back up, including the supersub. It is vital that we play smart.

it is good 2 see tat india is coming up with a fast bowler (vrv singh) , but also from pakistan muhammad irshad is among the upcoming fast bowlers ,according 2 woolmer he is faster then shoaib. :eek:

cricket_lover said:
12 games is not consistent to among the top teams. more than winning, the team should have positive attitude and application. From what i see..Pak. and Australia have that. India need to be more consistent. YOu need to have more options. FOr now, we have to fiddle with few players doing more roles.
Rather we want MORE players who can give more options to the team. The captain/coach should use the skill of the player to the maximum extent. RIght now..that is not happening with all players.

I think the Indians are positive in attitude and are working to apply themselves. The area they seriously lack is their bowling! Of course in the first match, Dravid made a captaincy error by having his hard hitters in the top order and leaving his sheet anchors for the death overs which cost the team crucial runs! Else, the batting is in fine fettle!

The area the team seriously lacks is their bowling! They need to iron out their bowling to be victorious consistently and I am sure India will work on it (signs are being already shown with the team selection for the Board President XI against the touring England team!).

sohummisra said:
It may also be a problem with selection. There are too many big names that have permanent spots in the team for us to select a team that changes often and is flexible. The problem is that the same players who earlier were performing well are now not performing. However, it is difficult to drop them for someone untested, because knowledge is limited to the past, not the future.

Yes! Some one like Sehwag who performed in the past is not performing now! But the team management & selectors hesitate in dropping him!

Bravo said:
it is good 2 see tat india is coming up with a fast bowler (vrv singh) , but also from pakistan muhammad irshad is among the upcoming fast bowlers ,according 2 woolmer he is faster then shoaib. :eek:

Good news (though a bit OFF TOPIC), Munaf Patel and VRV Singh have been selected to represent Board President XI against the touring England team for their warm up game after landing in India!

We were talking abt it and it seems the Indian selectors might have heard it!

it is good 2 see tat india is coming up with a fast bowler (vrv singh) , but also from pakistan muhammad irshad is among the upcoming fast bowlers ,according 2 woolmer he is faster then shoaib.

This is untrue, Irshad is quick (140 + ), but believe me there is no one in Pakistan, or in the rest of the world, that is quicker than Shoaib.

cricket_lover said:
If you are refering to Ganguly...i don't think it was fair to drop him...despite his recent form. It defies logic.
Kumble: again..defies logic..on what basis is he dropped..if the coach is looking to "gel a team for the World Cup"...
The thing is, the selectors and the team management should set up priorities.
First should be pace attack-- we need fast bowlers, and the current bowlers need to increase their pace.
Second: need a bowler who can replace Kumble. Players like kumble are not easy to find, both his skill and temperament. Bringing in powar and kartik for short term solutions/1 or two matches won't do the job. Instead play kumble himself.
Three: Increase the roles for more flexibility in the team. Sachin/Sehwag combo bowling etc. can be utilized.
Four: have good back up, including the supersub. It is vital that we play smart.
The thing is that Kumble's replacement cannot be brought in overnight. I agree, though, that using one-series players like Powar is not a viable solution.

MAJID-A said:
This is untrue, Irshad is quick (140 + ), but believe me there is no one in Pakistan, or in the rest of the world, that is quicker than Shoaib.

Beg to differ, Lee bowls quicker on average that's official.

Lee bowls at good average pace and he has the line and length, Shoaib can be erratic in many ways. Lee's form over the last year or so has been phenomenal, especially in the shorter version of the game.
For now, India looks confused with the batting line-up. Send Dhoni up? or put Sehwag down? what about Kaif and Dravid? One thing for sure..they will need a solid bat up the order and Kaif fits into the role naturally. Send him either at no.3/4 or its just a waste.

cricket_lover said:
Lee bowls at good average pace and he has the line and length, Shoaib can be erratic in many ways. Lee's form over the last year or so has been phenomenal, especially in the shorter version of the game.
For now, India looks confused with the batting line-up. Send Dhoni up? or put Sehwag down? what about Kaif and Dravid? One thing for sure..they will need a solid bat up the order and Kaif fits into the role naturally. Send him either at no.3/4 or its just a waste.

Whatever I said in the past few days abt the batting order and abt future indian bowling prospects, looks like the main newspapers have taken it as a cue. now many sites are recommending dhoni to be pushed up as an opener with sehwag being pushed lower down the order! thats what i said too! india needs a good opening burst at the top and the batsmen in form are tendulkar and dhoni and they are the best suited to open! sehwag can come down the order and if india are in a good position when he comes in, he can feed off the confidence of such an advantageous position and make runs for himself which will boost his confidence!

and india dont need all the attackers at the top... they need to have a good mix in order to get the best results

MS Dhoni
S Tendulkar
MD Kaif/Suresh Raina
V Sehwag
R Dravid
Y Singh
I Pathan
R Powar
Harbhajan
Z Khan
S Santh

Super Sub: Suresh Raina/MD Kaif

for me 2nd odi squad

butt
akmal
malik
youhana
inzi
younis
afridi
razzaq
naved
asif
gul or shoaib if he fit.

MS Dhoni
S Tendulkar
MD Kaif/Suresh Raina
V Sehwag
R Dravid
Y Singh
I Pathan
R Powar
Harbhajan
Z Khan
S Santh

I'd put in Kaif and take use Raina for the supersub; I heard Raina can bowl as well, yes?

Oh yeah Bhajji is still injured isn't he?

saisrini80 said:
Whatever I said in the past few days abt the batting order and abt future indian bowling prospects, looks like the main newspapers have taken it as a cue. now many sites are recommending dhoni to be pushed up as an opener with sehwag being pushed lower down the order! thats what i said too! india needs a good opening burst at the top and the batsmen in form are tendulkar and dhoni and they are the best suited to open! sehwag can come down the order and if india are in a good position when he comes in, he can feed off the confidence of such an advantageous position and make runs for himself which will boost his confidence!

and india dont need all the attackers at the top... they need to have a good mix in order to get the best results

MS Dhoni
S Tendulkar
MD Kaif/Suresh Raina
V Sehwag
R Dravid
Y Singh
I Pathan
R Powar
Harbhajan
Z Khan
S Santh

Super Sub: Suresh Raina/MD Kaif
Yeah I read in Indiatimes that they should keep Dhoni as an opener so he can keep striking Asif and doesn't get out too cheaply like Shewag does. I think Shewag should come in No.3 that's the best slot for him. In the recent ODI Series I've never seen Shewag performing. But only performed in No.3 Slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread