India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni said:
India could have wrap up the series today if that D/L thing wouldn't happen in the 1st ODI. They needed 18 off 18 balls with 3 wickets in hand. We had more chances of winning, but no worries as long as Sachin, Dravid, Yuvi and Dhoni bhai are in form; Pakistan won't do anything to India. I'm sure all the Pakistan fans in Pakistan know Dhoni pretty well by know as Indian fans in India know about Afridi. Dhoni is more responsible than Afridi. DHoni!!!!!!!!!

that match is history now!
Yes! Each time India tours Pakistan, some new player makes a big impression. Last time it was Balaji/Pathan, this time Yuvraj/Dhoni. Yuvi by no means is a new player, but its a new Yuvraj we are seeing, the confident strokeplayer.
And don't forget 1989...the most celebrated player from India making a celebrated debut.

Now to Multan for the 4th ODI. I hope this one is as close as the previous three.

WHAT A MATCH !! FANTASTIC !! :) :clap
excellent batting by yuvi,dhoni and tendulkar :) pakistan had a chance till the
40th over and after that their bowling was really crappy. esp naved-ul-hasan..
i guess he should be dropped for the next match and sami should replace him.

i think MOM was really unfair on tendulkar.:( he was the one to counter the swing,play out the new ball,set a platform for yuvi / dhoni. he even bowled a full quota of 10 overs, wasnt expensive and took a crucial wicket of inzi.

anyways.. past is past. i am eagerly waiting for the next match. i guess it would be a cracker too :)

cheers india :cheers

Tendulkar deserved the man of the match. But I guess, Dhoni was the more "popular" choice thanks to his dashy innings which actually got India home.

But the platform was set by Tendulkar and Dravid and then Tendulkar and Yuvraj.

Ok, lets see. First 'God' smited them, then we Dhonied and Yuvied them, which was too much for Pakistan to handle. We nearly won the first match (D/L and bad light coming in the way), and crushed them in the next two.
Where are Neo and Fardin?

I'm thrilled by the Indian win; but I'd like to ask all the Indian fans not to rub this in to the Pakistanis-we don't want to look like idiots predicting 5-0/4-1/5-1 series victories. Rather lets take it as it comes.

Of course not, if I remember correctly, Pakistan were up 2-1 going into the last two ODI games in the previous India tour of Pakistan.

True. They should be consistent in their approach and attitude and that'll show on the field.

good victory by india. for me the 4 odi squad should be

farhat
afridi
akmal
shoaib
inzi
youhana
younis
razzaq
naved
asif
sami

super sub: umer gul

Oh, the news is that..Afridi is out of the two ODI matches due to rib injury.
He has been vomitting for a while but was keen to play the third ODI on medication.

Big blow for Pakistan...but i appreciate his braveness to play despite injury.
Lets see who will replace him.

andrew_nixon said:
Rubbish.

Tendulkar has scored 39 centuries in ODIs. Only 11 have come in matches India have not won.

Excellent point!

People expect Sachin to bat through with his hundred and win the match for India! And this has not happened often (if I remember right, it last happened way back in 1998 when Sachin scored a 100* and won against Zimbabwe in the final of a tri series also involving Sri Lanka).

But what people conveniently forget is that his centuries set up the match in a big way for the Indians! And more so yesterday because the ball was seaming and moving around and he and Dravid batted brilliantly to avoid being sent back to the pavilion! Had he been out early, Yuvraj and Dhoni would have had to face the seaming ball and both are not technically sound to survive such bowling!

cricket_lover said:
Oh, the news is that..Afridi is out of the two ODI matches due to rib injury.
He has been vomitting for a while but was keen to play the third ODI on medication.

Big blow for Pakistan...but i appreciate his braveness to play despite injury.
Lets see who will replace him.

Its a blow certainly! If you had noticed, the mere presence of Afridi with his bat on the pitch made the Indian bowlers strive greatly hard and they gave away no balls and also dropped catches! once afridi was gone, the faces of the players went relatively calmer!

sohummisra said:
Of course not, if I remember correctly, Pakistan were up 2-1 going into the last two ODI games in the previous India tour of Pakistan.

It was you who predicted that if India manages to get two wins, they could just manage to steal the series. Good prediction, Bro!

Well, they have placed themselves in a position where they can do better than 'just steal the series'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread