India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZexyZahid said:
What a joker. :laugh Especially he is saying this after Pakistan won the Test series. To be honest I thought Pakistan would struggle in Tests and win in ODI's, because that's how it was the past year. But now it's the other way around.

Pakistani bowling isn't that either. They really bowled well during the last Test, where the pitch provided support for bat and ball. Asif and Gul bowled really good in the past ODI, although Gul had almost each over one bad ball.

In other words: Pakistan and India are really close to each other.

A fluke test victory doesn't make Pakistan a better side, otherwise Pakistan would be rated higher than both Eng and India on ICC rating.

I have already said that Asif is a good bowler, but thats all that Pakistan has.Without Akhtar they don't have a single match winning bowler and that is what making this side, "a pure loser"

ZexyZahid said:
Asif and Gul bowled really good in the past ODI, although Gul had almost each over one bad ball.

In other words: Pakistan and India are really close to each other.

Gul is a muddy bowler, so his figures shows!

And you shouldn't disrespect India by saying that they are close to Pakistan.Sometimes when India fields badly their fielding are comparable to Pakistan, but otherwise India has a highly superior and versatile bowling and batting side.

cricket_lover said:
Indian bowling is as rubbish as pakistan. Except pathan, nobody was impressive!
QUOTE]

RPS is highly impressive, for a man of limited experiance he has done wonders!Also India has quality spinners in their ranks, unlike Pak that relies on bits and pieces players for spin.India's bench strength is also very strong.

Wahindiawah said:
A fluke test victory doesn't make Pakistan a better side, otherwise Pakistan would be rated higher than both Eng and India on ICC rating.

I have already said that Asif is a good bowler, but thats all that Pakistan has.Without Akhtar they don't have a single match winning bowler and that is what making this side, "a pure loser"

Gul is a muddy bowler, so his figures shows!

And you shouldn't disrespect India by saying that they are close to Pakistan.Sometimes when India fields badly their fielding are comparable to Pakistan, but otherwise India has a highly superior and versatile bowling and batting side.

cricket_lover said:
Indian bowling is as rubbish as pakistan. Except pathan, nobody was impressive!
QUOTE]

RPS is highly impressive, for a man of limited experiance he has done wonders!Also India has quality spinners in their ranks, unlike Pak that relies on bits and pieces players for spin.India's bench strength is also very strong.

RPS has not done any wonders yet...
Pakistan does rely on lot of players than India but thats they way they play. It is a team effort. The team effort was there when England toured them. It can also be seen in the third test.
India does have the edge in terms of spin but its not a spin show in the ongoing ODI series.

Prior to the series, most of us agreed that India and Pakistan are very close teams. The test series proved that and now the ODI's as well.

@Wahindiawah, dude don't get too much hyper! The series isn't over yet. Pakistan still can bounce back and win it. I always respect the Pakistani team and their talent. In my opinion Pakistan got better bowling attack than the Indian. Did you see the class bowling in the first 15 overs of Pakistan in the last match? Indian chased it and are scoring that many runs, the reason is because we have some world class batsman in our team like Sachin, Sehwag, Dravid andYuvi; Dhoni & Pathan are in very good batting form and playing very well at the moment. Both teams are equal in my opinion. If you look at Asif and Gul, awesome spells in the last game!!! I love Asif! He's my favorite Pakistani bowler.

cricket_lover said:
Pakistan does rely on lot of players than India but thats they way they play. It is a team effort. The team effort was there when England toured them. It can also be seen in the third test.
India does have the edge in terms of spin but its not a spin show in the ongoing ODI series.

Prior to the series, most of us agreed that India and Pakistan are very close teams. The test series proved that and now the ODI's as well.

Almost agree, but I feel the Indians are a small notch better than Pakistan in the ODI's. The fielding is excellent for the Indians and the batting is one of the best in the world. In bowling, Pakistan are ahead of India with Shoaib Akthar. But India are ahead of them on the other two counts!

I agree! RPS hasnt done any wonders yet! He is better in the ODI's and should be restricted to the ODI's. RPS has promise but needs more matches to prove himself to be a good bowler for India! He needs to perform on batting beauties!

Well, Pakistan won the ODI series in India without Akhtar previous year. Also two years against India ago Gul was on the main bowlers for Pakistan. I couldn't follow cricket back then, but he did pretty well.

I think even some Indians would agree on that.

But I guess you're just an annoying kid, who needs to be avoided by some Pakistani and Indian members.

And that RP Singh isn't that impressive for me. Zaheer Khan is, but somehow he fails against Pakistan. Although he was indeed the highest wickettaker for India in the Tests. But the bowler who gets the crucial breakthrough is a better bowler.

Last edited:
cricket_lover said:

On placcid pitches RPS has done some amazing work, if he can excell on such pitches, then he can do extremely well on helpfull pitches.

As for the OD series, the result shows that the two teams are anything but close.Pakistan got thrashed in 2 ODI while they won a lost match thanks to d/l. India certainly are miles ahead of Pak!

If I recall RP Singh's opening over he bowled 4 consecutive deliveries short and wide. 3 of them were smacked to the boundary for 4 by Kamran Akmal. Surely an impressive bowler shouldn't be bowling bad balls for 67% of an over..?

I think one important reason India is ahead in this series is because the way the tosses have gone. Pakistan ought to have won the first game, though they may not have given the situation (though they did, in the end). In the second game, Inzy made a crazy decision to allow India to use the early morning conditions in a pitch that would easily stay good for batting for at least a 100 overs. And in the third game, Dravid won the toss and did the required.

That's not to say that the toss dictates the result--you need to play good cricket. I think both teams have been playing good cricket, but India is reaping the advantages due to their luck with the toss and their match situation after it. If you track the advantages through a match, it is constantly swinging from India to Pakistan. When India were two wickets down for not too many in that 3rd ODI, Pakistan definitely had the advantage, if only for a while.

durrani1 said:
first of all the match was played to please indians.... there were lots of indians in the ground and I was there too.. I was with some indians they were happy with our hospitality and support.... any way remmember 2004 first match was won by indians and the other two by pakistanis and the remaining were again won by india and we know how........ this is the same criteria and one must believe the moment dhoni came out the body language of pakistanis instead of getting better, just worst then ever....three time rana was hit for four in the same area and that was bizarre.... there were lot of things that I want to say but u people always say that i talk rubbish so wht can i do...
I think we do have a jokes & humour for for posting these kind of top class jokes.Its people like u who become the reason of bad reputation of all Pakistani forum members.All of your assumptions are based on comments of an idiot i.e Rashid Latif who said that the Lahore ODI in 2004 Indo-Pak series was fixed.He thinks that when he is the captain of the team,everything is fine but when he isn't,the team starts fixing the matches.Same is true for Aamer Sohail.And I really cannot forget the rubbish that Aamer said about Bob Woolmer.

And about Wahindiawah,he is just a troll on this forum & has joined PC for the same purpose.So,I request all of my Pakistani & Indian friends to just ignore trolls like durrani1 & Wahindiawah.

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Almost agree, but I feel the Indians are a small notch better than Pakistan in the ODI's. The fielding is excellent for the Indians and the batting is one of the best in the world. In bowling, Pakistan are ahead of India with Shoaib Akthar. But India are ahead of them on the other two counts!

I agree! RPS hasnt done any wonders yet! He is better in the ODI's and should be restricted to the ODI's. RPS has promise but needs more matches to prove himself to be a good bowler for India! He needs to perform on batting beauties!

I agree. Indian fielding is top class and is much better than Pakistan. That always gives a team the edge.

RPS is doing good in ODI's, even in U-19WC, he bowled really good line and length and restricted the batsmen...he was especially good at the death overs.
I have a feeling that the hype around these pace bowlers will hurt India. Over the last two months we tried different attacks, Pathan..Khan, Balaji, Agarkar, Nehra, RPS, Sreesanth etc. and now there is too much hype around VRV and MP.
What is happening is...the demand is increasing, so the products are increasing but these are not quality products.
Its just like those Genetically Modified Products.
We need to groom these bowlers, let them understand international cricket, stick to few people, but at the same time keep options wide open.

The way we are experimenting with bowlers is not good. We need to be more efficient in this matter. Just like the Aussies. It is not that Australia do not have good pace attack in domestic level, but they are bringing the right people at the right time.
India..they are bringing the right people at the WRONG time.

You cannot eat and digest everything at once. There is a limit, certain procedure. If we don't, we will fall ill. Same goes with the affairs of cricket.
Too much talent in the team is not good. Rather, India should be close to a 100% efficient in harnessing the talent the players have.

Example: Khan was unaware that he is going to bowl the last four over or so. You cannot expect him to go straightaway and do well in the death overs. YOu need some preparation.
What happened: We under-utilized Zaheer Khan and it also hurt India.
When Agarkar was injured, it would make sense to bring Khan right away, for atleast ONE over, to get his rhythm going.

Example 2: Using Mohammad Kaif. I've stated this several times...so this will be short. Kaif has tremendous potential, just like the water's potential energy at the top of the mountain. We are not using it right, not harnessing it right. Kaif could have come up the order in the third match, but he did not.
Worse: we all know he takes time to settle, just like Dravid. So what was the point in sending Kaif when India needed 7 runs/over?
Why did we have Suresh Raina for? He can score at a much better pace than Kaif.
So we have wasted Kaif's skill and even brought his confidence down AND failed to use another potential in Raina.

These things are very common in most cricketing countries. Look at the great WI team, they had a settled line up and yet introduced players at the right time. Same with Australia. Yes! they are concerned about the aged players, but they persisted with them and now, they are bringing in new players, thus giving them an opportunity to replace the old one's.

Cricket is not just a game between 11 players from two teams. Its beyond that. Its MANAGEMENT, just like any other profession is.

Shoaib87 said:
And about Wahindiawah,he is just a troll on this forum & he has joined PC for the same purpose.So,I request all of my Pakistani & Indian friends to just ignore trolls like durrani1 & Wahindiawah.

kindly refrain from using these words.I just expressed my opinions which happen to be based on facts, atleast i am appriciating a good fast bowler in Asif, unlike you who is always trying to rubbish off Irfan pathan and seems to be running a personal vendetta against our great bowler

Wahindiawah said:
kindly refrain from using these words.I just expressed my opinions which happen to be based on facts, atleast i am appriciating a good fast bowler in Asif, unlike you who is always trying to rubbish off Irfan pathan and seems to be running a personal vendetta against our great bowler
When did I say that Irfan Pathan is rubbish?I always say that he is a fine bowler but have to argue whwn u guys start calling him better than legends like Wasim,Waqar & Imran.He does have the potential to be a very good bowler but at this stage of his career,he cannot be rated as better than all those legends.

And I agree that u r not as biased as some of the other trolls but u irritate Paksitani forum members enough to be called a joker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread