India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pak_cricketer said:
Dude It's his creation, Like the doosra..

I'm sure its his creation, but I heard someone else bowled the delivery. Perhaps it was a different one and the person just called it the teesra...

muhammad_inzi said:
Guys what is doosra and tesaara is that any kind of delivery.

It's a delivery called doosra which is specially created by Saqlain. And now most likely doosra is used by Murli and Bhajji.

The doosra is the delivery bowled by the off-spinner that holds its line or goes away. As for the debate on teesra, it very well could have been bowled before. Teesra just means third--it doesn't mean anything specific that describes the ball. Saqlain may have made a new delivery and he may be calling it the teesra because its the third weapon in his arsenal. That does not mean that someone else has not already bowled a delivery called the teesra.

sohummisra said:
The doosra is the delivery bowled by the off-spinner that holds its line or goes away. As for the debate on teesra, it very well could have been bowled before. Teesra just means third--it doesn't mean anything specific that describes the ball. Saqlain may have made a new delivery and he may be calling it the teesra because its the third weapon in his arsenal. That does not mean that someone else has not already bowled a delivery called the teesra.

Yeah I agree with your comment. Actually the doosra was called that way because it was kind of a Googly for an off-spinner that goes away or holds its line instead of drifting in. The teesra might be some kind of a flipper or a top-spinner with the same action as Saqlain does with the doosra.

sohummisra said:
Teesra just means third--it doesn't mean anything specific that describes the ball. Saqlain may have made a new delivery and he may be calling it the teesra because its the third weapon in his arsenal. That does not mean that someone else has not already bowled a delivery called the teesra.
Also doesn't mean that Saqlain has actually got this thrid type of delivery. It coul be an elaborate bluff. Didn't Murali say he had one last year, and then never bowled it?

when there was a ban on murli's doosra .Murli invented a new delivery ,he used to just push the ball straight like a seemer which used to held it's line or spin away just a little that's the teesra. he bowled this delevery against India and Ravi shastry (the commentator then) named it the TEESRA and was very happy to be the first one to name italong with arun lal :happy

Hahha, good ol' Arun Lal. We'll only name a ball the teesra when people started taking wickets phenomenally with it. Bhajji already has the top-spinner so that couldn't be it. I love it when spinners come out and say, "EUREKA! I have a new delivery!" Who was it that hyped up everyone and said that he would bowl his new delivery on the first ball of his last over in an ODI game?

andrew_nixon said:
Also doesn't mean that Saqlain has actually got this thrid type of delivery. It coul be an elaborate bluff. Didn't Murali say he had one last year, and then never bowled it?

What Warne has/does do.

Trying to make the batsman think of another type of delivery.

All the traditional off spinner is capable off is:

A)Off Break
B)Doosra
C)Arm ball
D)Top Spinner

So his teesra will be one of these. He could always be like Jack Iversen and bowl a "Finger Spinning Legbreak' as I call it, but that could very well be the doosra :)

saisrini80 said:
Why discuss the ODI's now? Lets get to the tests! I would love to see what the Pakistan XI looks like for the tests!

Akthar and Gul should prove very challenging for the Indian batsmen! Kaneria, Afridi should do well with the spin! India have a tough task ahead!
bec i like ODI better !! :cheers

As you know Ganguly along with Sehwag, Kumble and Parthiv Patel were asked to play Ranji matches before they left for Pakistan.

Here are their performances so far in the ranji matches that started yesterday (3rd Jan.)

Bengal vs. Tamil Nadu
================

S. Ganguly (8 not out, 15.5-2-62-3)

Sourav Ganguly was barred from bowling in the match for straying on the pitch despite repeated warnings. He was cautioned numerous times and warned twice before being disallowed to bowl further. Ganguly never stops making news.

Gujarat vs. Mumbai
==============

P. Patel (47 playing as opener)

Karnataka vs. Delhi
==============

Karnataka batting first. Kumble yet to bat.

Sehwag (10-1-39-2)

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
As you know Ganguly along with Sehwag, Kumble and Parthiv Patel were asked to play Ranji matches before they left for Pakistan.

Here are their performances so far in the ranji matches that started yesterday (3rd Jan.)

Bengal vs. Tamil Nadu
================

S. Ganguly (8 not out, 15.5-2-62-3)

Sourav Ganguly was barred from bowling in the match for straying on the pitch despite repeated warnings. He was cautioned numerous times and warned twice before being disallowed to bowl further. Ganguly never stops making news.

Gujarat vs. Mumbai
==============

P. Patel (47 playing as opener)

Karnataka vs. Delhi
==============

Karnataka batting first. Kumble yet to bat.

Sehwag (10-1-39-2)

Thats not a big news from Ganguly's point of view.

I am happy that he has performed well. 3-62 is a good bowling figure for a bowler like him! 8 not out off 16 balls! I hope he can score freely tomorrow! I dont want to see a slow 50 or 60 or even an hundredfrom him! would be happy if he gets a quickfire 60 or 70 off 80-90 odd balls!! c'mon saurav! you can do it!

Last edited:
Is Balaji there in the Tamil Nadu team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread