India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh my bad! i was expecting a century from ganguly! never mind! he has played a good knock of 59 and has already picked up 7 wickets in this match! his bowling has surely improved a lot during these nightmarish days!

Lots of things happening before the India-Pak series starts.

BCCI (read Sahara and Nike) threatening the ICC that they might not follow the future series laid out by ICC and also asking the ICC to scrap ICC Champions Trophy. BCCI is committed to the upcoming Champion's Trophy to be played in India but may not participate after that. While I agree with BCCI's views that it has to forego a huge chunk of revenue (during peak criketing season in India) from the Champion's trophy as ICC gets significant portion of the revenue, I think that this can be detrimental to the upcoming cricketing nations for whose development this money is (supposedly) used. ICC is in a spot of bother now. India is ICC's goose which lays golden eggs. It will be interesting how this thing develops. I am sure laws, and courts will come into picture sooner or later.

Mahendra Singh Dhoni has challenged the Pakistani bowlers to knock him down with their bouncers. MSD has lost his mind. Why don't these people (including S. Akhtar) just shut up and do what they are being paid for rather than yapping and trash talking? Are the sponsors, media involved in this? I think so.

Ganguly makes a fluent 59 but not without controversy. Getting barred from bowling in first innings for running in to danger zone and then keeping the players and umpires waiting on the field for more than 10 minutes when the play resumed after it was held up due to bad light. And before I close this post, here is an article that will surely please "Ganguly Lovers" http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s119/st88088.htm

Last edited:
rahulk666 said:
Lots of things happening before the India-Pak series starts.

BCCI (read Sahara and Nike) threatening the ICC that they might not follow the future series laid out by ICC and also asking the ICC to scrap ICC Champions Trophy. BCCI is committed to the upcoming Champion's Trophy to be played in India but may not participate after that. While I agree with BCCI's views that it has to forego a huge chunk of revenue (during peak criketing season in India) from the Champion's trophy as ICC gets significant portion of the revenue, I think that this can be detrimental to the upcoming cricketing nations for whose development this money is (supposedly) used. ICC is in a spot of bother now. India is ICC's goose which lays golden eggs. It will be interesting how this thing develops. I am sure laws, and courts will come into picture sooner or later.

Mahendra Singh Dhoni has challenged the Pakistani bowlers to knock him down with their bouncers. MSD has lost his mind. Why don't these people (including S. Akhtar) just shut up and do what they are being paid for rather than yapping and trash talking? Are the sponsors, media involved in this? I think so.

Ganguly makes a fluent 59 but not without controversy. Getting barred from bowling in first innings for running in to danger zone and then keeping the players and umpires waiting on the field for more than 10 minutes when the play resumed after it was held up due to bad light. And before I close this post, here is an article that will surely please "Ganguly Lovers" http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s119/st88088.htm

Yes, now it gives me a feeling that they are being made to talk! Too much is being talked now before the series itself has really started! May be the sponsors want the series to be a high billed one and are making the players talk like this to pump up the adrenaline?

I read that Ganguly article before itself. It is logical at some points, but I am divided on that issue! I dont find anything wrong in Chappell's way of work. If a few players come out in support of Ganguly, doesnt mean that he is right! Or is it what the writer is trying to say? Who is that "31 year old who bowls laughable military medium and cannot read Muralitharan's doosra and calls himself an all rounder" that the article says? I fail to understand who in our team is 31. Tendulkar is 32 and above! Dravid is 32 above! Kumble must be 33 or 34. And no one is the team calls himself an all rounder, not even our genuine all rounder in the making, Irfan Pathan!

Is he in anyway talking abt Ajit Agarkar? Is Agarkar 31?

saisrini80 said:
Yes, now it gives me a feeling that they are being made to talk! Too much is being talked now before the series itself has really started! May be the sponsors want the series to be a high billed one and are making the players talk like this to pump up the adrenaline?

I read that Ganguly article before itself. It is logical at some points, but I am divided on that issue! I dont find anything wrong in Chappell's way of work. If a few players come out in support of Ganguly, doesnt mean that he is right! Or is it what the writer is trying to say? Who is that "31 year old who bowls laughable military medium and cannot read Muralitharan's doosra and calls himself an all rounder" that the article says? I fail to understand who in our team is 31. Tendulkar is 32 and above! Dravid is 32 above! Kumble must be 33 or 34. And no one is the team calls himself an all rounder, not even our genuine all rounder in the making, Irfan Pathan!

Is he in anyway talking abt Ajit Agarkar? Is Agarkar 31?
I think he is talking about J.P.Yadav who was picked ahead of Sourav in the ODI side as an all rounder. He bowls military medium and got out to Murali once .
That is the only guess I can make of that `31 year old` .

also, he has mentioned of Agarkar in other parts of the article !

God! How can you not know that! It is JP Yadav (The other was Raina)! Although he was a little harsh on all the players...I still agree.

Oh ok, thanks for clarifying the doubt! I agree with the writer on that! Ganguly is any day better than having JP Yadav in the squad. Ganguly is the same military medium and is a much better rated batsman in intl. cricket!

Lets see if he is able to break into the ODI squad for the ODI series against Pakistan!

saisrini80 said:
Lets see if he is able to break into the ODI squad for the ODI series against Pakistan!
If he does well in the Tests then he definately has a chance. PCB has srely learnt its lesson by keeping the Tests ahead of the ODIs this time around.

Also, I am coming across a lot of articles that are predicting that the series could be marred by bad weather in some parts of Pakistan especially Lahore and Faislabad? Does anyone here live in these parts of Pakistan. Do they think that weather will play a spoilsport in this series?

Last edited:
Thought I'd mention this here. Despite Younis Khan's not so impressive form in the England series (ODI/Test) he seems to be doing great at domestic level. He made 153 runs for Habib Bank against the Pakistan Customs in the ABN-AMRO Patron's Trophy's group A match. Here is the scorecard after the third day.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/.../SCORECARDS/HBL_CUSTOMS_PTR_02-05JAN2006.html

I wonder what the strike rate was at which he made these runs.

Its good that Younis raises his game upto international standards till the India series, otherwise with the inclusion of Rifatullah in the squad he could very well see himself losing his place in the team.

rahulk666 said:
PCB has srely learnt its lesson by keeping the Tests ahead of the ODIs this time around.
I believe it was the BCCI who requested the PCB to change the schedule so that the ODI's were played first. The PCB was not too impressed but the series was on tenterhooks at that point.

nightprowler10 said:
Thought I'd mention this here. Despite Younis Khan's not so impressive form in the England series (ODI/Test) he seems to be doing great at domestic level. He made 153 runs for Habib Bank against the Pakistan Customs in the ABN-AMRO Patron's Trophy's group A match. Here is the scorecard after the third day.

http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/.../SCORECARDS/HBL_CUSTOMS_PTR_02-05JAN2006.html

I wonder what the strike rate was at which he made these runs.

He made the 153 runs of 260 balls with 16 boundaries. And Younis Khan is the vice-captain. He won't be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread