India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZexyZahid said:
He made the 153 runs of 260 balls with 16 boundaries. And Younis Khan is the vice-captain. He won't be dropped.
Thats not too bad of a strike rate, though I would've liked him to score faster against a weak domestic side. Seems like Afridi was a handful too, 48 runs and two wickets. How fast did he score his 48?

Just check it yourself: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/story/231479.html

Shahid Afridi let loose a run-blitz, as he hit 48 off a mere 47 balls with two fours and four sixes in a matter of just over an hour. :)

Younis Khan scored his 115 runs at the end of a day off 180 deliveries and 15 boundaries. Which means in the next 38 runs he scored only one boundary. He worked pretty hard for his runs.

as he hit 48 off a mere 47 balls
Dravids gone quicker! :) But little over an hour means it must have been spinners bowling...
Nice to see Afridi looking more mature with his batting. :)

ZoraxDoom said:
Dravids gone quicker! :) But little over an hour means it must have been spinners bowling...
Nice to see Afridi looking more mature with his batting. :)
I would like to see him work on his bowling more. He's got some good deliveries.

Hello every body - I dont think pak should look to plan or there is'nt any hype in pak about this series against India, couz indians are minos and they have just beaten another minos SL. They forget their disaster series in India in early 2005 where pakistanis without their premier bowler crushed indians. Any how keep chill untill another cruch u Indians

Last edited:
durrani1 said:
Hello every body - I dont think pak should look to plan or there is'nt any hype in pak about this series against India, couz indians are minos and they have just beaten another minos SL. They forget their disaster series in India in early 2005 where pakistanis without their premier crushed indians. Any how keep chill untill another cruch u Indians
Minos? Do you mean minnows?

If you are saying that India and Sri Lanka are cricket minnows, then you have the wrong forum. This is the Cricket Chat forum, not the jokes forum.

durrani1 said:
Hello every body - I dont think pak should look to plan or there is'nt any hype in pak about this series against India, couz indians are minos and they have just beaten another minos SL. They forget their disaster series in India in early 2005 where pakistanis without their premier bowler crushed indians. Any how keep chill untill another cruch u Indians

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Finally we get a 'fardin' type character here in this thread! Nice to liven the atmosphere up! Welcome durrani!

Indians 'minnows'? These 'minnow' Indians are right now the No.2 test team in world cricket and much much higher than Pakistanis. And no team becomes No.2 by beating the minnows!

You guys are going to crush the Indians? wow... I never knew you guys had such ability! You guys couldnt crush the England team itself who are among the least when it comes to facing sub continent conditions! How are you going to crush the Indians who are among the best when facing in sub continent conditions?

p.s: i see that some of durrani's messages were deleted by nixon! good one andrew! i feel even the message to which i replied deserved that treatment though it was fun!

Well it is most probably a bit better that ppl do not reply to posts like that and let the mods take care of them otherwise the healthy atmosphere here is disturbed where one starts the fuss and it goes far beyond. Plz discuss pro and cons of your respective teams rather than abusing or insulting your counterparts.

India and Pakistan are two formidable sides and have always fought competitively and it is also going to be the case this time round. So let the action/performances decide the games and discuss them with respect to the beautiful game of cricket leaving aside personal bias and nationality. It will only create fuss and shows the childish and immature behaviour/personality.

True Hariz. Lol. "I will crush you.", "No! I'll crush YOU!". Pffff. Pathetic.
I am actually itching in anticipation. Btw India is no 3 in the test arena? with pakistan fighting for the fourth. And Pakistan is no 3 in the odi business with India fighting for qualification in the Champions Trophy. It's gonna be close.
And btw, I wanted to ask everyone : Why is the series in which india comes to pakistan of much higher value, media and all that, than Pakistan coming to India? I mean they still show all those samsung cup matches on tensports and other channels, while i dont remember watching any Indo - Pak videocon match, not even once. People tell me that DD didn't sell the rights to distribute it since their country lost the odi series.

:p Come-on all the English people support Pakistan, if you want your team to be 2nd in Test Rankings :D :D ...

uzi2005 said:
True Hariz. Lol. "I will crush you.", "No! I'll crush YOU!". Pffff. Pathetic.
I am actually itching in anticipation. Btw India is no 3 in the test arena? with pakistan fighting for the fourth. And Pakistan is no 3 in the odi business with India fighting for qualification in the Champions Trophy. It's gonna be close.
And btw, I wanted to ask everyone : Why is the series in which india comes to pakistan of much higher value, media and all that, than Pakistan coming to India? I mean they still show all those samsung cup matches on tensports and other channels, while i dont remember watching any Indo - Pak videocon match, not even once. People tell me that DD didn't sell the rights to distribute it since their country lost the odi series.

India is not 3rd, India is 2nd in the test arena 2 points more than England!

India are not going to go through the qualifying round if they fall below the 6th place in the ICC ODI rankings (they are 5th now!) because since the trophy is being hosted in India, the host automatically qualifies for the tournament!

The Pakistan tour of India 2005 was publicised as much well. See in 2004 when India toured Pakistan, it was a series after a long long time (the previous one was in 1999 and also that series was after the long awaited Indian government approval to tour Pakistan!). So that series was hyped greatly! And it also lived up to the great expectations with both the test and the ODI series going to the wire (India winning after being 2-2 in the ODI's and India winning after being 1-1 in the test series!).

Since that tour by India to Pakistan was very popular, this one by India again in 2006 to Pakistan assumes significance because their previous tour to the country was a huge success! IT also depends on the quality of the matches played! When Pakistan came to India in 2005, the first test at Mohali was drawn though we saw some great batting by Akmal and Razzaq. India notched up a win at Kolkatta which is now only of statistical memory! And the match in Bangalore will be remembered only for the last day harakiri by the Indian batsmen!

usy57_pak said:
:p Come-on all the English people support Pakistan, if you want your team to be 2nd in Test Rankings :D :D ...

Infact, I think the England supporters would want India to win to make Pakistan's victory over them look like a flash in the pan!

India just needs to draw the Test Series to remain at No. 2 in ICC Tests Rankings. Going by the squads that India and Pakistan have, it will not be surprising to see the series finish 1-1 draw. England will then have an opportunity to move up the Test rankings when they visit India after the commencement of India-Pakistan series. England and England supporters would like to move up the rankings table by beating India rather than having India lose against Pakistan. Also, England fans will be little bit happy to see India win against the same Pakistan team that beat them few weeks back.

durrani1 said:
]

The English Version of Durrani`s post :
Hello every body - I dont think pak should look to plan or there is'nt any hype in pak about this series against India, couz indians are minnows and they have just beaten another minnows SL. They forget their disaster series in India in early 2005 where pakistanis without their premier bowler crushed indians. Any how keep chill untill another crush you Indians
Guys, don`t bother replying to this message .
First, it is not in English and secondly it reflects complete lack of cricketing knowledge . These are the kind of guys who feel that all Intl. teams other than the home side are minnows . I remember him predicting a 3-0 whitewash by Pak over Australia in Australia . So, it is a post that should be in the Jokes forum .

Meanwhile, the hype and excitement around this series is building up .It is Pakistan Vs World No.2 yet again . When England came to Pakistan thy were No.2 in tests and lost . When Sri Lanka came to India, they were No.2 in ODIs and lost . SA were No.2 in ODIs when they came to India and their unbeaten run was ended .
The No.2 spot seems jinxed !

Both teams are evenly balanced at the moment. Pak are also united now, so it would be a good contest, no doubt,but I reckon, under the captaincy of Rahul Dravid,Ind are going to beat Pak this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread