India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
aditya123 said:
Is Balaji there in the Tamil Nadu team ?

No! According to Cricinfo, Balaji is not playing the Ranji match against Bengal!

Whats really happening to him and Nehra? Are they really finished with by the board? I feel sad for Balaji! He was our strike bowler on our last tour to Pakistan and now he is nowhere!

avk2love said:
when there was a ban on murli's doosra .Murli invented a new delivery ,he used to just push the ball straight like a seemer which used to held it's line or spin away just a little that's the teesra. he bowled this delevery against India and Ravi shastry (the commentator then) named it the TEESRA and was very happy to be the first one to name italong with arun lal :happy

Murali claimed that that new ball could in fact swing and spin, which is kind of sick. Then he didnt bowl it. Probably realised how damn illegal it would be.

Geez that's like the fifteenth time someone has asked the question. I think you can go to every other page and find an instance of, "What's happened to Balaji and Nehra." Read! Nothing's happened, they've just not been performing.

### Ranji mid-day updates ###
Kumble out for 5, Sehwag hasn't bowled anymore
Ganguly looking good with an unbeated 42 off 79 with 7 boundaries

sohummisra said:
Geez that's like the fifteenth time someone has asked the question. I think you can go to every other page and find an instance of, "What's happened to Balaji and Nehra." Read! Nothing's happened, they've just not been performing.

### Ranji mid-day updates ###
Kumble out for 5, Sehwag hasn't bowled anymore
Ganguly looking good with an unbeated 42 off 79 with 7 boundaries

OH come on! Now what more the nation (selectors and team management!) needs for Ganguly to prove! He is in very good form! The domestic match that Ganguly played before the Sri Lanka tests, he took 5 wickets and scored a hundred. He scored crucial 40 and 39 in the Delhi test match. HIs only failure was the 5 at Chennai. And now he has taken 3 wickets and is unbeaten on 59* off 93 balls (SR: 63.44)

Leave him alone plz! Dont ask him to prove his credentials anymore! He has to play in the first test against Pakistan!

Well, it depends on whose spot he is competing for. I don't think he merits automatic selection if the person he is replacing is in good form. However, I think the management has gone to Pakistan with a space open for Sourav.

Hit us if you can: Dhoni tells Shoaib & Co

Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the flamboyant wicketkeeper-batsman, challenged Pakistan to attack Indian batsmen with bouncers and short-pitched deliveries in the upcoming series. Dhoni said the Indian team is prepared to face fiery spells from Shoaib Akhtar & Co.

"We are ready for it [bouncers and short-pitched deliveries]. If they [Pakistan] think so [that Indians are vulnerable to such bowling attacks], they should try it. We are ready to face bouncers and short-pitched deliveries," Dhoni told reporters in Bangalore after being signed as brand ambassador by the Karnataka Soaps & Detergents Limited.

The swashbuckling batsman said the series would be very tough and predicted an "even contest" as Pakistan is currently playing well as a unit. "The team that plays well throughout the series will win," he said.

The hard-hitting batsman also fielded questions on his personal life. Asked when he would get married, Dhoni remarked: "It's a good question. As of now, I have no plans." He also denied that he is dating anyone. Dhoni also brushed aside any possibility of his acting in any film. "My job is to play cricket, I will play cricket."

LOL. Dhoni has more confidence and I'm sure he will surely do something.

Dhoni is a hilarious person. I like his confidence, but I hope he doesn't have to eat his words. It seems like every Pakistani has been told to compliment their counterpart in the Indian team. First it was Akmal saying how much better Dhoni is than him. Then Afridi said that Sehwag holds the key. Before that Kaneria was commenting on Kumble and Bhajji. Inzamam was complimenting Dravid's captaincy. Seems like they're trying to soften us up. :p

Dhoni wants to face short bowling! He's nuts! If I were him, I would deliberately get out to half volleys in warm ups and whenever a Pakistani team member is watching. The will come match time :cool:

Oh, by the way, Ganguly made 59 (and got out) but he's already taken 2 of 3 wickets to fall, in the second innings of Tamil Nadu.

sohummisra said:
Oh, by the way, Ganguly made 59 (and got out) but he's already taken 2 of 3 wickets to fall, in the second innings of Tamil Nadu.

Yeah so that on cricinfo. But atleast he did perform and plus took wickets. I hope he does play first test against Pakistan.

Good knock by Ganguly. I hope he can score like this against Akhtar and co.

A few things stood out while seeing the scorecards for these Ranji Matches. P. Patel who does not usually bat as opener opened the innings for Gujarat. Then, Sehwag who now opens for Delhi came 2 down.

Would it be totally out of the blue, if Sehwag does not open in the Tests against Pakistan? Could it be one of those experiments that Chappell-Dravid have been doing since they got together??

I think so. Patel is a very good and underrated batsman. Infact, I won't be suprised if he drops keeping all together. Or maybe becomes like Dravid, a Batsman-Keeper who is a part time wickie...

Sehwag also did well in the ODIs when coming a little down the order. But he should really stay as an opener in the test matches...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread