India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
durrani1 said:
Hello every body - I dont think pak should look to plan or there is'nt any hype in pak about this series against India, couz indians are minos and they have just beaten another minos SL. They forget their disaster series in India in early 2005 where pakistanis without their premier bowler crushed indians. Any how keep chill untill another cruch u Indians

Dont forget India are second in the test table,by the way just checking your cricket knowledge........India are not minnows even a 5 year old kid can work that out.

Anyway I doubt Pakistan will crush India.....I think it will be a very though series for both teams.......and when India and Pakistan play it is always unpredictable.

durrani1 said:
Hello every body - I dont think pak should look to plan or there is'nt any hype in pak about this series against India, couz indians are minos and they have just beaten another minos SL. They forget their disaster series in India in early 2005 where pakistanis without their premier bowler crushed indians. Any how keep chill untill another cruch u Indians
Indians are right up there with Aus,Eng and Pak.

cricket doctor said:
Both teams are evenly balanced at the moment. Pak are also united now, so it would be a good contest, no doubt,but I reckon, under the captaincy of Rahul Dravid,Ind are going to beat Pak this time around.

If that happens, you deserve a big party! :cool:

aditya123 said:
]

Guys, don`t bother replying to this message .
First, it is not in English and secondly it reflects complete lack of cricketing knowledge . These are the kind of guys who feel that all Intl. teams other than the home side are minnows . I remember him predicting a 3-0 whitewash by Pak over Australia in Australia . So, it is a post that should be in the Jokes forum .

Meanwhile, the hype and excitement around this series is building up .It is Pakistan Vs World No.2 yet again . When England came to Pakistan thy were No.2 in tests and lost . When Sri Lanka came to India, they were No.2 in ODIs and lost . SA were No.2 in ODIs when they came to India and their unbeaten run was ended .
The No.2 spot seems jinxed !

England didnt lose the NO.2 by losing to Pakistan! It also contributed to their losing that title of World No.2, thats all. Sri Lank on the other hand really lost the No.2 title by losing the ODI series that badly in India!

cricket doctor said:
Both teams are evenly balanced at the moment. Pak are also united now, so it would be a good contest, no doubt,but I reckon, under the captaincy of Rahul Dravid,Ind are going to beat Pak this time around.

India will be looking to beat Pakistan this time round.

I think guys like durrani1 should not talk trash before such a big series. Calling Sri Lanka a minnow is utter foolishness and shows what cricketing knowledge you have. As for the Indo-Pak series its not going to be easy for Pakistan definitely. Both these teams are on a high and will be trying to crush each other. I just hope we get to see more riveting contests between these two great rivals!

boring things - no real bowling attack from india. only Sehwag and Sachin are the main key players nothing else.I dont know why u people comparing india with pakistan as pakistanis have beaten so many times after fixed indo-pak series 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
durrani1 said:
boring things - no real bowling attack from india. only Sehwag and Sachin are the main key players nothing else.I dont know why u people comparing india with pakistan as pakis have beaten so many times after fixed indo-pak series 2004.

We've also got Dravid, Laxman, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Pathan in our armour, we dont depend on Sachin or Dravid anymore to score the runs we got 6 out of the 8 other batsmen who can come to the party aswell.

I think you dont know cricket very well........India won the 2 series's Pakistan in 2004 fair and square. Also Pakistan has only won a odi series since these 2 nations coming back playing cricket after a long time, Indias played better then Pakistan in the tests.

durrani1 said:
boring things - no real bowling attack from india. only Sehwag and Sachin are the main key players nothing else.I dont know why u people comparing india with pakistan as pakistanis have beaten so many times after fixed indo-pak series 2004.
This is just wonderful patriotism! If your home team loses then blame it on it being "fixed". But when they win then they are the best freaking team in the entire universe. Why can't the matches be "fixed" your home team wins?

This is my reply to you durrani1: I just had to replace india with pakistan, player names, and the year.

boring things - no real batting attack from pakistan. only Akhtar and Inzi are the main key players nothing else.I dont know why u people comparing india with pakistan as india have beaten so many times before fixed indo-pak series 2005.

Last edited:
Why don't we all just ignore durrani1's posts instead of pretending that he meant them seriously. And if he did, he doesn't deserve the attention. I think he is just one more of the seasonal forum-jokers who turn up and try to hunt for attention.

Let's look at the Day 3 Ranji round-up:
Parthiv Patel: 5 (16) in 2nd innings vs. Bombay
Virender Sehwag: 56 (100) in 1st Innings, 2/42 in 2nd Innings vs. Karnataka
Anil Kumble: 3/89 in 1st Innings vs. Delhi
Sourav Ganguly: 2/32, 25* (42) in 2nd Innings vs. Tamil Nadu

Ganguly still looking in decent form. One of the selectors had only good words for him whilst watching.

Wow! Sometimes I wonder whether this is a forum or a chat room?? One line posts which just reiterate what has been said in the earlier posts. But that's just your choice. Have it your way.

Coming back to the topic:

Ganguly seems to play his natural game when it comes to domestic cricket but somehow one gets the feeling that pressure on him to deliver in international cricket just becomes too much of a burden for him and he plays quite differently in international cricket. No one can blame him though. His entire international cricket career depends on how well he does in upcoming Tests he plays. Vultures in form of "Ganguly Haters" and media are waiting to rip him apart if he does not perform well. I think he should play with a carefree approach in international cricket too. If he tries to save his wicket, which is not how he plays naturally then he is bound to get out sooner than he would if he played his natural game. Taking time to settle at the crease and playing cautiously all the time to save your wicket are two different things.

Kumble is a real workhorse. He only played against Delhi because the selectors thought that Delhi could have a unfair advantage of having Sehwag in their team, more so as Delhi and karnataka have the same points in the Ranji championship. Kumble gave excellent support to Joshi in this match. I have been seeing in international cricket too that its either Kumble or Harbhajan that take majority of the wickets even if they bowl in tandem. In any case, if Kumble does not get the wickets, he provides excellent support to Harbhajan.

Sehwag played a somewhat slow innings considering his reputation. I think he is really working on cutting off those risky shots and play with cool head and not allow the adrenaline get to him. He loves playing against Pakistan and I hope he is able to reproduce his last Pakistan series magic again.

Last edited:
Perhaps Sehwag was giving us a glimpse of his 'new technique'. I think it was more of a case of trying to get some time at the crease, instead of cooling his heels at the pavilion. He should be back to his cracking best in Pakistan. Or, at least, I hope.

Wow! I am so happy that Ganguly has proved his form! Sehwag's was a good sensible innings and I appreciate him for that! Now the players have had crucial match practice and are in good form too!

Cant wait for the series to start!

saisrini80 said:
Wow! I am so happy that Ganguly has proved his form! Sehwag's was a good sensible innings and I appreciate him for that! Now the players have had crucial match practice and are in good form too!

Cant wait for the series to start!
I too hope that Ganguly does well in the Test series and there are no problems between him and Chappell. You are right! Its going to be a very crucial practice match for the Indians. I hope they are able to resolve the top order problems and the bowlers continue their good form with the ball as well as the bat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread