India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think India needs any players changed in thier batting line-up, thier batting line-up is just perfect........Badani can come in has a super-sub batsmen down the order. We need good fielders and Kaif is one outstanding fielder in world cricket. All we need is good economical wicket-taking bowlers who can bowl at the death very well.

it will be a very though series for both sides. Both India and Pakistan willl have thier work cut out and they will use different tactics and stratigies to win, I hope India wins the test and odi series but ind-pak series are always unpredictable.

Indiangod said:
I dont think India needs any players changed in thier batting line-up, thier batting line-up is just perfect........Badani can come in has a super-sub batsmen down the order. We need good fielders and Kaif is one outstanding fielder in world cricket. All we need is good economical wicket-taking bowlers who can bowl at the death very well.
Not too long ago we had Zaheer Khan who used to do very well at the death of the innings by bowling a tight stump-to-stump line and varying the length to keep the batsmen guessing. I hope Zaheer Khan does well in this tour. Everybody has been talking about Ganguly these days, but not enough attention has been paid to Zaheer Khan who is also making a comeback into the team on the back of some sterling performances in the domestic circuit. I hope we see the Zaheer Khan of old bowling those deadly yorkers yet again!

rahulk666 said:
Not too long ago we had Zaheer Khan who used to do very well at the death of the innings by bowling a tight stump-to-stump line and varying the length to keep the batsmen guessing. I hope Zaheer Khan does well in this tour. Everybody has been talking about Ganguly these days, but not enough attention has been paid to Zaheer Khan who is also making a comeback into the team on the back of some sterling performances in the domestic circuit. I hope we see the Zaheer Khan of old bowling those deadly yorkers yet again!

Indeed! Zaheer is in terrific form, and will be very eager to continue that in international cricket as well. He is 27/28 now, and for the next 5 years..he'll be at his peak. This is the time for him to really settle in the team.

If India plans to go ahead with Gambhir/Jaffer and Sehwag, it will be quite sure that Ganguly will be in the sidelines. But his performance in the last match has been quite satisfactory and he should be waiting for a chance...so that he can score big.

rahulk666 said:

I agree.......when Zaheer first came onto the cricket scene in was bowling brilliant.......the icc champions thropy 2000 and 2002 were good ones for him. When I first saw him, he had a good action, a well-built lad who takes reguler wickets at a good eco rate. I thought he would be one of Indias greats seeing his site of bowling.

I just hate it when he sledges batsmen and he goes for a heaps of runs, just like in the world cup 03 when he said something to Gilly and Gilly gave him a fiesting of his lifetime.

But overall Zaheer has been a good bowler.......I would like to see him back into the Indian team.

I think all the Indian bowlers were a little overpumped in that World Cup final, and they were a little unlucky to not pick up an early wicket or two. Zaheer Khan made a sensational debut. He had that devastating yorker that undid one or two of the world's best batsmen. That seems like a thing of the distant past, now. He still bowls with steam and has a lot of swing, but cannot really get the pace and accuracy that he did when he debuted. And that yorker--seems like a dream.

He used to bowl consistently over 140 kmph,when he first came into the picture, but lost his pace rapidly after that.Can't understand what went wrong??

sohummisra said:
Injuries, I think.
More than injuries, from the reports what I have read, it seemed that Zaheer lost his bite as he was one of the players who created a comfort zone for himself and did not give 100% while bowling. Injuries may be a part of the reason why he did not push himself. There were quite a few instances where he was declared fit for a series and broke down after playing just 1-2 matches in the series. He also put on good amount of weight and Wright once criticized him for not keeping himself fit and in good shape.
I hope he is working very hard and training hard too to get back his spot in the team and be a good bowler for India in years to come.

rahulk666 said:
More than injuries, from the reports what I have read, it seemed that Zaheer lost his bite as he was one of the players who created a comfort zone for himself and did not give 100% while bowling. Injuries may be a part of the reason why he did not push himself. There were quite a few instances where he was declared fit for a series and broke down after playing just 1-2 matches in the series. He also put on good amount of weight and Wright once criticized him for not keeping himself fit and in good shape.
I hope he is working very hard and training hard too to get back his spot in the team and be a good bowler for India in years to come.
Exactly, bang on.
I mean look at Pathan, improving match after match and recently I've read somewhere that he gives more than 100% sometimes to keep himself fit.That's the kind of dedication that one needs. So, I think, Zaheer lost his way a bit. :onpc

The best Indian bowler in the death has been Agarkar for a very long time.
Like him or not he always seems to be in the top somewhere .Even this year ie 2005 he was in the top 7-8 bowlers for ODI's.

Also what I saw of Zaheer in the office shield matches here in Mumbai ,Zaheer has lost a lot and by that I mean a lot of pace. Now he is very much in the V.Prasad bracket (as far as speed is concerned).

I would like to see Sachin roll his leggies from around the wicket much in the same way as he took 5 wickets against the Pakistanis in Kochi.

Last edited by a moderator:
ronny_kingsley said:
Like him or not he always seems to be in the top somewhere .Even this year ie 2005 he was in the top 7-8 bowlers for ODI's.

Also what I saw of Zaheer in the office shield matches here in Mumbai ,Zaheer has lost a lot and by that I mean a lot of pace. Now he is very much in the V.Prasad bracket (as far as speed is concerned).

I would like to see Sachin roll his leggies from around the wicket much in the same way as he took 5 wickets against the Pakistanis in Kochi.
Agarkar is a bit expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea..
I'm quite sure Agarkar will be in the sidelines unless he performs exceedingly well in the practice match.
Zaheer has been very consistent in ODI's for a while but his injuries have thwarted him. Chappell did the right thing...by putting pressure on Zaheer to perform more consistently.

It will be very interesting to see how Sachin performs. Not that he won't score a hundred..but the way he plays is going to be interesting. You can see him getting to that aggressive instinct right from the beginning and he would like to start the series/year with a bang.

The whole Indian batting line-up will be under the scanner. Starting from Sehwag upto Yuvraj/Ganguly.
India will again rely on Sehwag, Sachin, Dravid, Yuv/Ganguly. atleast ...they should rely on them. It will be more positive if Gambhir/Jaffar contribute. So the key for India is going to be how the top 6 perform.

Bowling should revolve around Pathan, Zaheer, Kumble, Bhajji/Agarkar/RPS.
If Ganguly is selected in the playing eleven, India could, confidently, afford to go into the match with two spinners. It will depend on the playing conditions and the weather as well.

I think Zaheer will make the Test squad which will mean that Agarkar will be left out. Which is good, as Agarkar is not a Test bowler in sub-continent conditions. But the performance in the practice match will also count and if Agarkar does well than Zaheer plus scores some utility runs then Agarkar might play the Test.

Also, I can't help but bring up the point that if Ganguly is selected in playing XI and the conditions are bouncy and conducive to swing bowling then Ganguly can be more than just a "fill-in" bowler to give rest to frontline bowlers. Who can ever forget the Toronto series against Pak where Ganguly thrived in conditions helping swing bowling! I think he had 2 fifers in the 5 matches played there and really bamboozled the Pak batsmen with his medium pace swingers. A lot has changed since then, but its something to think about.

The other thing most people are forgetting or may be avoiding to talk is the weather in Pakistan. I think the weather will have its say in at least 2 matches out of the three.

ronny_kingsley said:

Zaheer may not be bowling full pace in office shield matches but that doesn't mean he will bowl with same pace in international matches. There is huge (i mean literally huge) difference between office shield matches and international matches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread