India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite sure Agarkar will be in the sidelines unless he performs exceedingly well in the practice match.

Not neccesarily. He is the only bowler we have who can reverse the ball who is in form. Also a good fielder and a handy batsman - and he seemd to be confident again when it comes to batting. Also pretty experienced.

The concern is..he is not in form. You cannot rely on his batting..but yeah, he s a good fielder.
Zaheer is in terrific form though, even with bat he has made some handy contributions in the domestic season. Agarkar can be wayward at times.

cricket_lover said:
The concern is..he is not in form. You cannot rely on his batting..but yeah, he s a good fielder.
Zaheer is in terrific form though, even with bat he has made some handy contributions in the domestic season. Agarkar can be wayward at times.
I agree. Agarkar is sort of like a lottery basically. You lose more often than you win and when you win too the chances are not that you will get the jackpot. He also is not a type of a bowler whom the captain can turn to if a partnership has to be broken or a major breakthrough is needed. He has become somewhat consistent but his Test skills are still below par at least when India plays in sub-continent.

rahulk666 said:
I agree. Agarkar is sort of like a lottery basically. You lose more often than you win and when you win too the chances are not that you will get the jackpot. He also is not a type of a bowler whom the captain can turn to if a partnership has to be broken or a major breakthrough is needed. He has become somewhat consistent but his Test skills are still below par at least when India plays in sub-continent.
Yeah, one ball he can bowl a magical outswinger, and the next 5 can be anywhere.That's his problem,consistency and he couldn't even improve it in 7 years.(It was in 98 when he played his first match)

cricket doctor said:
Yeah, one ball he can bowl a magical outswinger, and the next 5 can be anywhere.That's his problem,consistency and he couldn't even improve it in 7 years.(It was in 98 when he played his first match)

He has improved so much on his performances after the entry of Greg Chappell and his management team! He seems to be more consistent in his line, his batting too seems to be getting better!

But certainly Zaheer is a better option than him when it comes to selecting two seamers and two spinners!

Almost 50 pages of talk even before a ball has been bowled in even a side match. Lots of interest in the tour :)

When Pakistan toured India, 104 pages in the forum and approx 1600 posts. Should beat that mark comfortably.

(I have way too much freaking time on my hands to look THAT up!)

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
But certainly Zaheer is a better option than him when it comes to selecting two seamers and two spinners!
Yeah, Zaheer is performing much better now, and is a better choice than Agarkar (in test matches)

rahulk666 said:
Actually, he is the kind of bowler you can turn to to break partnerships. Thats why he should stay. Also his batting is improving and he is working harder. Zaheer is good, but I won't rule out Agarkar all together.

Maybe we can carry 5 batsmen, Dhoni/Patel, and use Pathan as number seven? Lets us carry two more seamers and both the spinners...

yes zaheer and agarker are gud but on some occasions but against hard hitters they are helpless. no doubt if afridi and malik will open then life would be very tough for indians.
in odis

wht will be the indian spin attack harbajhan or kumble ??

Dungarpur stirs up a new controversy

Dungarpur stirs a new controversy on India's tour to Pakistan. Dungarpur is the manager for the Indian cricket team which arrived in Lahore yesterday. Speaking to Aaj Tak in Lahore he said that Ganguly was the laziest member in the team. "Even John Wright wanted Sourav out and he expressed his frustration several times to me," Dungarpur told news channel Aaj Tak in Lahore on Friday. (Souce Rediff.com). He also mentioned that John Wright had huge problem with Ganguly and he cannot be a role model of a captain. Ganguly will be joining the team soon and it remains to be seen whether Ganguly will respond to the team manager's comments. Also, it remains to be seen whether Dungarpur, famous for his outbursts, will be reprimanded by the BCCI for his irresponsible behaviour at the start of such an important tour.

I have never seen a team manager making such comments against a player who is on the tour. I thought Dungarpur was a wise guy and thought very high about Indian cricket, but he has fallen from my eyes now. What he said was totally immature and uncalled for, especially when your team is on a very important tour.

rahulk666 said:
Dungarpur stirs a new controversy on India's tour to Pakistan. Dungarpur is the manager for the Indian cricket team which arrived in Lahore yesterday. Speaking to Aaj Tak in Lahore he said that Ganguly was the laziest member in the team. "Even John Wright wanted Sourav out and he expressed his frustration several times to me," Dungarpur told news channel Aaj Tak in Lahore on Friday. (Souce Rediff.com). He also mentioned that John Wright had huge problem with Ganguly and he cannot be a role model of a captain. Ganguly will be joining the team soon and it remains to be seen whether Ganguly will respond to the team manager's comments. Also, it remains to be seen whether Dungarpur, famous for his outbursts, will be reprimanded by the BCCI for his irresponsible behaviour at the start of such an important tour.

I have never seen a team manager making such comments against a player who is on the tour. I thought Dungarpur was a wise guy and thought very high about Indian cricket, but he has fallen from my eyes now. What he said was totally immature and uncalled for, especially when your team is on a very important tour.

According to me, Dungarpur has never been wise at all! He has been known to make unnecessary and foolish comments! He has never failed to show to the world that he is an anti-Ganguly person! May be what he said was true, but the moment that he chooses to say is absolutely absurd! The reason why he is saying it now is just simple - put pressure on Ganguly and probably hope to see him succumb to the pressure and finish off his career!

I really fail to understand what made him the manager of this important tour of Pakistan? Is it probably because he was the manager when India toured Pakistan in 1989 when Tendulkar became a superstar??

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
According to me, Dungarpur has never been wise at all! He has been known to make unnecessary and foolish comments! He has never failed to show to the world that he is an anti-Ganguly person! May be what he said was true, but the moment that he chooses to say is absolutely absurd! The reason why he is saying it now is just simple - put pressure on Ganguly and probably hope to see him succumb to the pressure and finish off his career!

I really fail to understand what made him the manager of this important tour of Pakistan? Is it probably because he was the manager when India toured Pakistan in 1989 when Tendulkar became a superstar??
BCCI should come hard on Dungarpur for making such comments on the eve of such an important tour. He should be severely reprimanded and asked to apologize to BCCI for making such unwarranted comments. Ganguly on the other hand should neglect this guy and carry on. The reporters are going to swoop Ganguly to get his reponse on Dungarpur's comments on him and I expect Ganguly to answer them with just two words: "No comments". If he responds in any other way then this thing is going to snowball into another huge controversy which can be every distracting to team's preparation and possibly cause an unecessary rift in team.

Mohammad Sami might be ver dangerous now, if what Imran Khan has told Sami works. Maybe Sami will be the next Imran (bowling wise of course!)

LAHORE, Pakistan (AFP) - Former cricket great Imran Khan said he hoped that Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Sami would achieve his true potential to help his team beat India in the forthcoming series.

The 53-year-old Khan, now a member of the country's parliament, had a pep talk with Sami and with other members of the Pakistan team during a net session at the cricket Academy ground here on Friday.

The 24-year-old Sami -- the tearaway bowler who took an eight-wicket haul on his debut tour in New Zealand five years ago -- had so far not acheived what he was capable of at international level, Khan said.

"If Sami fires with Shoaib Akhtar and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan then Pakistan have a good chance of beating India," Khan told AFP.

The former all-rounder said he passed three basic tips to Sami and hoped the young fast bowler would learn fast.

"Sami needs to focus on what side he should bowl, and needs to improve his physical and mental abilities, and that will establish him as another match winner like Akhtar," said Khan, who played 82 Tests for Pakistan.

Sami said he was delighted to get a lesson from his childhood idol.

"I visited Khan's house last month and he promised to give me some good tips and today he fulfilled his promise. I will do my best to learn and adopt the tips he passed to me," Sami said.

Khan said Pakistan's pace attack was the home team's principal advantage over India.

"This is the best time of the year for the fast bowlers because they can bowl long spells in winter," said Khan, regarded as one of the top allrounders ever.

He also suggested Pakistan prepare hard tracks to make the most of in-form Akhtar.

"Akhtar has been a transformed bowler and won Pakistan the series against England. If he gets hard tracks he can come good again because there will be a lot of winter moisture for fast bowlers on the pitch."

Akhtar took 17 wickets in Pakistan's 2-0 Test series triumph over Ashes-winners England last month.

Khan said that in beating England, Pakistan had defeated tougher opponents than India, who recently beat Sri Lanka at home.

"It promises to be a very tough series but I think Pakistan have the edge. Besides their pace attack they have beaten Ashes-winning England and Inzamam is firing both as a good captain and as an ace batsman," said Khan.

He said Indian captain Rahul Dravid had also earned respect as a leader.

"Dravid is a good batsman and he has got the respect of his team, which is the key to the success of a captain," said Khan, who led Pakistan to their only World Cup title in 1992.

India open their tour with a three-day match from Saturday. The first Test starts here from January 13.

zMario said:
Mohammad Sami might be ver dangerous now, if what Imran Khan has told Sami works. Maybe Sami will be the next Imran (bowling wise of course!)

LAHORE, Pakistan (AFP) - Former cricket great Imran Khan said he hoped that Pakistan fast bowler Mohammad Sami would achieve his true potential to help his team beat India in the forthcoming series.

The 53-year-old Khan, now a member of the country's parliament, had a pep talk with Sami and with other members of the Pakistan team during a net session at the cricket Academy ground here on Friday.

The 24-year-old Sami -- the tearaway bowler who took an eight-wicket haul on his debut tour in New Zealand five years ago -- had so far not acheived what he was capable of at international level, Khan said.

"If Sami fires with Shoaib Akhtar and Rana Naved-ul-Hasan then Pakistan have a good chance of beating India," Khan told AFP.

The former all-rounder said he passed three basic tips to Sami and hoped the young fast bowler would learn fast.

"Sami needs to focus on what side he should bowl, and needs to improve his physical and mental abilities, and that will establish him as another match winner like Akhtar," said Khan, who played 82 Tests for Pakistan.

Sami said he was delighted to get a lesson from his childhood idol.

"I visited Khan's house last month and he promised to give me some good tips and today he fulfilled his promise. I will do my best to learn and adopt the tips he passed to me," Sami said.

Khan said Pakistan's pace attack was the home team's principal advantage over India.

"This is the best time of the year for the fast bowlers because they can bowl long spells in winter," said Khan, regarded as one of the top allrounders ever.

He also suggested Pakistan prepare hard tracks to make the most of in-form Akhtar.

"Akhtar has been a transformed bowler and won Pakistan the series against England. If he gets hard tracks he can come good again because there will be a lot of winter moisture for fast bowlers on the pitch."

Akhtar took 17 wickets in Pakistan's 2-0 Test series triumph over Ashes-winners England last month.

Khan said that in beating England, Pakistan had defeated tougher opponents than India, who recently beat Sri Lanka at home.

"It promises to be a very tough series but I think Pakistan have the edge. Besides their pace attack they have beaten Ashes-winning England and Inzamam is firing both as a good captain and as an ace batsman," said Khan.

He said Indian captain Rahul Dravid had also earned respect as a leader.

"Dravid is a good batsman and he has got the respect of his team, which is the key to the success of a captain," said Khan, who led Pakistan to their only World Cup title in 1992.

India open their tour with a three-day match from Saturday. The first Test starts here from January 13.
When you post an entire atricle "as-is", please show some courtesy and mention the source of the article.

According to Imran Khan, Pakistan look favorites to crush India!

Why is he repeating the same thing again and again? His last comments that Pakistan are the favorites came almost a week ago! He is repeating it again now that the series is approaching closer and the hype is intensifying even more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread