Mansoor Amjad 16 0 80 0

so here'z match sofar.
:cheers
Usy!

usy57_pak said:
so here'z match sofar.
:cheers
Usy!
I hope laxman, yuvi, dhoni, pathan, and agarkar score 50's at least tomorrow. and then Pathan and Zaheer snare a few quick ones.

m_vaughan said:
What happened to Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Khalil who did so very well against England??

Yeah I am wondering about that too, where those guys are at the moment :rolleyes:

India have done very well so far for 298/4! Good scores for Gambhir, Jaffer, Dravid and Tendulkar

Time for Zaheer and Pathan to rip the Pakistani A team tomorrow

Just Heard in the news that inzamam said "tendulkar is no longer a threat.
he isnt the explosive batsman as he used to be "

i dont mind a -ve rep for this but... i somewhat agree with inzi especially in tests. no problem with him in ODI's but he gets TOO defensive in tests. :(
:crying

Hariz said:
Yeah I am wondering about that too, where those guys are at the moment :rolleyes:

Mohammad Asif is with the big boys now and so doesnt need to play these 'A' matches. As for Khalil, do you really want him in the team again after all the pies he had been serving to India in the last series?

India off to a great start in thier warm up match.......Gambhir, Jaffer, Dravid and Tendulkar all made fifties.....Laxman and Yuvraj looks set. India must use these conditions well.

zMario said:
heres my views... Pakistan A look very strong, and could easily win
very easily indeed !

Great from an Indian point of view to see the top order all firing .
May not be as easy in the test match but then again England struggled to get to terms right from the first warm-up match at the Bag-e-Jinnah.

Sachin striking form early is great and who do the selectors pick as openers .
Jaffer or Gambhir or maybe neither ! They may even get Yuvraj to open an get Ganguly in the middle order .
I would rather have Sourav playing the first test and Jaffer in as an opner even if it means keeping Yuvraj our . If either of the 2 fail, I would bring Yuvraj in for the 2nd test.

Its incorrect to say that Asif is too big for the 'A Team' , they are all in the picture, they just alternate the bowlers to give them all a chance. The same happens with the batsmen, eg batsmen like Shahid Yousuf, Bazid, Faisal Iqbal all get swapped around, it keeps them playing and allows the selectors to gauge their potential against international teams. Personally I think that Najaf Shah should have been given a go as everyone feels he's the next best thing but its good to see that Mansoor Amjad has been given a chance. He got hammered but its all good experience, he's a promising bowler, he can definitely bat and isn't such a bad fielder.

saisrini80 said:
India have done very well so far for 298/4! Good scores for Gambhir, Jaffer, Dravid and Tendulkar

Time for Zaheer and Pathan to rip the Pakistani A team tomorrow

it wont be so easy to rip pak a tem tomoorrow

anyways, what we indians hope for is a very satisfying performance from the whole team! india should go into the first test in the right kind of frame of mind!

jk16_4 said:
Just Heard in the news that inzamam said "tendulkar is no longer a threat.
he isnt the explosive batsman as he used to be "

i dont mind a -ve rep for this but... i somewhat agree with inzi especially in tests. no problem with him in ODI's but he gets TOO defensive in tests. :(
:crying

I too agree! Tendulkar is not a big threat for the opposition in the tests! He can still be in the ODI'

saisrini80 said:
anyways, what we indians hope for is a very satisfying performance from the whole team! india should go into the first test in the right kind of frame of mind!

I too agree! Tendulkar is not a big threat for the opposition in the tests! He can still be in the ODI'

lol! Isn't it very easy to write-off players?
and writing-off players like Sachin has always been a disaster for all critics around the world...and this time it will be no different.
He is finding his good old form in the tests and you can see that in the last month or so. He may not be in the form Ponting is in, but he is on his way to rediscover that.

I'm quite sure he is going to be the main bat for India, the pressure is on him more than anyone else...even dravid and sehwag. That should explain something...

With that remark from inzy, i bet tendulkar would make it sure he makes a mark in the tests. :). Same from Gangul. Bring it on!

Cricketman93 said:
With that remark from inzy, i bet tendulkar would make it sure he makes a mark in the tests. :). Same from Gangul. Bring it on!

I sense that this 'psycology' that the Pakistanis are playing may repay them tenfold...in runs from the Indians. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread