India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni said:
Excellent century by Immran Farhat and terrible bowling by the Indian fast bowlers. I don't know how they're going to take wickets against International Pakistan team.

lol..may be you can tell.
Don't judge a team by its performance in one match, or just one innings. They are still acclimitizing to the conditions that they are not used to, its quite chilly according to the reports.
Atleast, let us be happy that there was some effort put into it...don't read too much into the results.

Yea! good century by Farhat, he might face the same opposition in a week's time..if he gets selected.
I fail to understand why Kumble was told to play in the Ranji match...and not in the practice match. You will need to get your rhythm going before getting wickets and in these conditions, you will need to spend more time in the middle, getting used to the conditions.
Kumble, like always, will be the trump card from the bowling POV. Bhajji can be dangerous but Pakistan play off-spin much better than wrist spin.

Yes we have Yousuf who loves to play off-spin, the only person I've seen stuggling is Salman Butt, he has a lot of trouble when It comes of off-spinners.

Sureshot said:
Yep, Udal gave him so much trouble :sarcasm:

Well you see Udal is not the biggest spinner of the ball..:p unlike Saqlain or Murli or Harbajan. Even I dare to say......Giles :p

Disclamer: Giles does not spin or turn the ball.

bhajji is a great spinner and he will trouble pakistani players. for indians i don think fast bowler would do much on this tour. it would all depend on bhajji and kumble.

It's a flat wicket and Pakistan A is quite talented. I don't know what to make of India's bowling performance. I am still concerned about Indian bowler's ability.
Do they have it to take 20 Pakistan wickets?

srk121 said:
bhajji is a great spinner and he will trouble pakistani players. for indians i don think fast bowler would do much on this tour. it would all depend on bhajji and kumble.
Ajit and Khan will get smashed for sure, but don't know about Irfan and R.P. Singh. As I said earlier, VRV Singh should have been in the squad instead of Ajit! He?s an ODI bowler not test. Anyway, looking forward to the first test.
Come on India!!!

s2sschan said:
It's a flat wicket and Pakistan A is quite talented. I don't know what to make of India's bowling performance. I am still concerned about Indian bowler's ability.
Do they have it to take 20 Pakistan wickets?

frankly to say. that indian do have an attack to get 20 wickets. because india has a similar conditions and don forget that indian have 2 spinners who have done good job in recent years. also irfan with new ball can be danger for pakistan. but what indian lack is a sure pace of pakistan like of shoaib, sami, but still they can prove danger to pakistan.

not every day is same. some day it can turn out to be indians day n some for pakistan. lookin forward to this series.

All international teams need at least two pacers who can be called strike bowlers. Irfan Pathan definitely fits the bill as a strike bowler of international standard.
Zaheer is still a question mark and Agarkar??? Well the less said about Agarkar the better it is for him.
Can't figure out what he has done to deserve so many chances. Bombay lobby Maybe?

I was just wondering...who was the fastest pace bowler from India?

prarara said:
Munaf Patel or VRV Singh are suppossed to be the fastest. They haven't made it to the squad yet. Zaheer is the fastest in the squad.
India has not yet found a bowler who can be classified as "FAST" :mad: . Srinath and Zaheer are classified as "Fast-Medium".
The search for the Holy Grail is still on. :rolleyes:

prarara said:
currently agarkar bowls the fastest in my opinion at abt 140kmph.

as i said before that politics within indian board is too much. agarkar is getting chance becuase of politics, people like vrv singh, munaf patel (in my opinion deserve a place in indian team). such plaers have to sacrafice becuase of the trick played by indian board.

indian board does not want to look at other players who has better talent than agarkar, ok even khan. irfan is a bowler with him indian team need another bowler who could do similar job. at least they should give chances to VRV singh and munaf Patel.

Last edited:
India do not have a chance. Pakistan are coming off a series victory against a tough England outfit and will comprehensively SMASH India. I can only see Tendulkar and Dravid putting up a resistance to the excellent bowling attack Pakistan posess, and I can't see Indias weak attack giving the Pakistanis batting line up to much trouble.

Pakistanis 2-0.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jarryd said:
India do not have a chance. Pakistan are coming off a series victory against a tough England outfit and will comprehensively SMASH India. I can only see Tendulkar and Dravid putting up a resistance to the excellent bowling attack Pakistan posess, and I can't see Indias weak attack giving the Pakis batting line up to much trouble.

Pakis 2-0.

Mate i think you do not watch cricket very well. yes pakistan have won to england, but england are not the at their best. also india has beaten sri lanka as well. you say one of the best batting line up in the world has no chance against pakistan bowler? well statics says it all for indians players. i frankly think that pakistan are good side but indian are in really good shape as well. yes they do lack good stike bowler. but india have ability to pick 20 wicket in a match, they have shown that in recent time. also ifyou see LG ranking india is on second number so before posting please consider all the fields.

cheer mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread