India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Lanka are weak and pathetic. And those LG rankings don't mean anything. They're just another money making scheme from the ICC.

Jarryd said:
Sri Lanka are weak and pathetic. And those LG rankings don't mean anything. They're just another money making scheme from the ICC.

Strong Word's There - I am sure your going to get strong answers ;)

Jarryd said:

Mate if you think sri lanka are weak than who are the strong team? forget australia they are mighty in cricket. i think you should start watching cricket properly mate because after seeing your post i think you lack knowledge of cricket.

Tell me how would they will be profited by the Lg ranking? please can you explain me that! sri lanka in my opinion are going through bad time nothing else they are a good side.

for your kind information please have a time to read at this.http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,8-1208187,00.html cheers

Last edited:
srk121 said:
Mate i think you do not watch cricket very well. yes pakistan have won to england, but england are not the at their best.

Not at thier best! They won the Ashes before that!! :rolleyes: You haven't watched too much cricket lately.

Pak_cricketer said:
Not at thier best! They won the Ashes before that!! :rolleyes: You haven't watched too much cricket lately.

Yes i have not watched cricket lately, and every team goes through bad times like england are going through at the moments. during ashes australia had a bad time. that does not mean that australia are not world 1.

every series is different to others. who so ever play good cricket wins the series. australia now are playing good as you may know.

Hot debate here!

I would say that to predict either team would get smashed, the person needs a serious mental check uP!! Both teams is possessed strongly with highly talented people and both teams have just had resounding success against top international sides (Sri Lanka HAS BEEN A TOP QUALITY INTL. SIDE, no second thoughts!)

So the contest is more even than before!

saisrini80 said:
Hot debate here!

I would say that to predict either team would get smashed, the person needs a serious mental check uP!! Both teams is possessed strongly with highly talented people and both teams have just had resounding success against top international sides (Sri Lanka HAS BEEN A TOP QUALITY INTL. SIDE, no second thoughts!)

So the contest is more even than before!
Sri Lanka is only a dangerous side at home, they have proved it themselves time and again. Anyway, whenever these two teams play each other, its a whole new level of cricket, so any talk about their previous form is useless.

The wicket on which this practice/warmup match is being played is purely a batting wicket & if it remains unchanged for the 1st test,then all we can expect is a draw.Pakistan's strength is its fast bowling & wickets in all 3 matches should be hard so that our bowlers may be able to trouble batsmen like Tendulkar & Dravid.If conditions remain the same in the rest ofthe tour,then expecteither a draw or victory to India.

And was Aqib Javed in his senses when he called Indian batting line-up as "weak" & predicted the test series "2-0" in Pakistan's favour in his recent article in a famous Urdu newspaper i.e Express.We may have the edge when it comes to fast bowling but we should not forget that India are not Bangladesh who would lose that easily.In the past,this overconfidence has become the reason of Pakistan's defeat against minnows like Bangladesh(in 1999 WC) & Zimbabwe(in aTest match in 1995).When would we realize the facts rather than living in the real world rather than in our imaginary paradise?We've shown good performance in only one series in last 2 years & we r thinking that we've become the best in the world.I hope Pakistan do well & win both the Tests & ODIs.

Last edited:
nightprowler10 said:
Sri Lanka is only a dangerous side at home, they have proved it themselves time and again. Anyway, whenever these two teams play each other, its a whole new level of cricket, so any talk about their previous form is useless.

right on the money! I second that!

QUOTE "And was Aqib Javed in his sences when he called Indian batting line-up as "weak" & predicted the test series "2-0" in Pakistan's favour in his recent article in a famous Urdu newspaper i.e Express.We may have the edge when it comes to fast bowling but we should not forget that India are not Bangladesh who would lose that easily.In the past,this overconfidence has become the reason of Pakistan's defeat against minnows like Bangladesh(ODI) & Zimbabwe(Test).When would we realize the facts rather than living in the real world rather than in our imaginary paradise?We've shown good performance in only one series in last 2 years & we r thinking that we've become the best in the world.I hope Pakistan do well & win both the Tests & ODIs."

One mistake...you are comparing, indirectly..India to Bangladesh...i don't see your point. Bangladesh/Zimbabwe are in a different level together....i just don't get how you put India in the list.

Niether India nor Pakistan would lose easily. Its a series between evenly contested team...after a LONG LONG time or may be even for the first time. So this will be a series to remember.
What will be more interesting is to see how Indians fare in ODI's, where they have once been a world-beating side and other times...crashed to the worst of defeats...Under Chappell, they would like to improve their consistency, which is a must to be among the top teams in the world.

You can't tag either of the teams nor can you "rate" them. All we, as spectators and some as "fans" can do is to hope they play the best, and with the right sportive spirit...which will help, not only cricket but other things as well, reach new, positive heights.

srk121 said:
Mate if you think sri lanka are weak than who are the strong team? forget australia they are mighty in cricket. i think you should start watching cricket properly mate because after seeing your post i think you lack knowledge of cricket.
Strong teams are England, South Africa, Pakistan, and to a lesser extent India. Windies are slowly rebuilding and are weak at the moment. Sri Lanka have two good players, Vass and the Chucker. New Zealand have good players, but have absolutely shocking depth. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh speak for themselves.

England had one bad series against Pakistan because their players had Pakistan a bit too lightly and second, they never adjusted to the conditions and atmosphere well. Pakistan played really well, but they beat a near 40-50% England side, so just because Pak beat them after the Ashes victory, doesnt put them in any better position to India. The return series in England will give you the correct picture.

India too have played very well and destroyed Sri Lanka 6-1. Sri Lanka arent the best side away from home, but they have a good record against India, and besides beating any team 6-1 is always a great achievement.

So for me, its pretty much even at the moment ahead of this great series.

cricket_lover said:
One mistake...you are comparing, indirectly..India to Bangladesh...i don't see your point. Bangladesh/Zimbabwe are in a different level together....i just don't get how you put India in the list.
Dude,u've got me wrong here.I didn't mean that India are in minnows category.I rate India as a better team than Pakistan & thats why they are #2 in ICC rankings.Both teams are playing good cricket & all I want is all Test matches to be result oriented without caring for the results.

Last edited:
Jarryd said:
Strong teams are England, South Africa, Pakistan, and to a lesser extent India. Windies are slowly rebuilding and are weak at the moment. Sri Lanka have two good players, Vass and the Chucker. New Zealand have good players, but have absolutely shocking depth. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh speak for themselves.

Australia is definitely Number One and still way ahead of everyone else. It's very difficult to say which team is stronger than others among England, SA, Pakistan, and India.
The thing is that India and Pakisan are virtually invincible at home. Right now, only two teams have a chance of defeating Pakistan in Pakistan - Australia and India. The same goes for India in India - only Australia and Pakistan have the capacity to beat India at home.
Pakistan has done OK outside the subcontinent. India's record in SA and England and generally outside the subcontinent in the last 20 years is just horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread