India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
PakiFan said:
Hey man plz dont compare Agarkar with Afridi..... Its just terrible for me :D
He's not comparing. he is just saying, if you could call them allrounders, then you can very well call Agarkar one.

Hariz said:
Oh please dont make me laugh, Agarkar does not have enough quality to be compared to Afridi. His title of a all-rounder is not justified, to me he is a medium fast bowler with not a very handsome average. Thats all.
Lolz...Sir, actually you're making me laugh! Afridi is an-rounder? lolz.. talk about his batting average and that makes me laugh as well. To me he's in Pakistani side as a bowler more than a batsman. If you can take a look at his batting average is around 25 in ODI as same as Pathan has and even better. He's just a slugger like Balaji and nothing else. :D
Anyway, my Lineup for India.
G Gambhir
W Jaffer
V Sehwag
*R Dravid
SR Tendulkar
VVS Laxman
+MS Dhoni
I. Pathan
AB Agarkar
A Kumble
R.P. Singh

Last edited:
You guys are serious about that. :laugh

Just look at the recent records, like the year 2005. And compare that.

Farhat has come back. I've never seen the guy play, so I don't know what to think of him.

And in indian line up I think Kumble and Harbhajan Singh will play for sure. And only Jaffer or Gambhir will play. Not both.

Dhoni mate, I called him an all-rounder not an-rounder. Secondly look for yourself in the stats, Afridi has an average of 25 in ODIs with 3 100s and 7 50s and has taken 179 wickets in ODIs, although he not always gets to bowl all of his alloted overs and ends up just increasing pakistan's over rate most of the times. He has got better stats than that in tests. Not to mentions his recent form in both Tests and Odis.
Agarkar (so called all-rounder) averages 16 in both formes of the game and has around 50 more wickets, even though he usually opens the bowling and gets to use his 10 overs. Have a look yourelf:

Shahid Afridi

Ajit Agarkar

Dhoni said:
Lolz...Sir, actually you're making me laugh! Afridi is an-rounder? lolz.. talk about his batting average and that makes me laugh as well. To me he's in Pakistani side as a bowler more than a batsman. If you can take a look at his batting average is around 25 in ODI as same as Pathan has and even better. He's just a slugger like Balaji and nothing else. :D
Anyway, my Lineup for India.

lollllzzzzzzz Sir u actually need to update your cricket information..... He is in the team more than because of his batting.. and dont look at his average, just look in how many ODI's he has urged Pak to victory...
and plz wait. i am not able to hold my laughter lolllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
you are quite funny man Afridi is just like a slogger like Balaji hahahahhahaha lolllllzzzzzzzzz very funny man.....
and remember Afridi is a very good fielder too but about Balaji and Pathan, I just wonder how they even bother to run for delivering a ball....

Last edited:
Dhoni said:
Maybe you laugh too much and for no reason.

Believe me, Afridi is quite an allrounder, and one who can turn things around all by himself. I am not his biggest fan ever since that walk on the pitch incident, but I gotta admit he can do quite a lot with both bat and ball. Very important player in the Pakistan side.

Comparing his batting with Balaji shows your lack of cricketing knowledge.

Hariz said:
Dhoni mate, I called him an all-rounder not an-rounder. Secondly look for yourself in the stats, Afridi has an average of 25 in ODIs with 3 100s and 7 50s and has taken 179 wickets in ODIs, although he not always gets to bowl all of his alloted overs and ends up just increasing pakistan's over rate most of the times. He has got better stats than that in tests. Not to mentions his recent form in both Tests and Odis.
Agarkar (so called all-rounder) averages 16 in both formes of the game and has around 50 more wickets, even though he usually opens the bowling and gets to use his 10 overs. Have a look yourelf:

Shahid Afridi

Ajit Agarkar

This is surprising. Afridi's Test bowling record is way better then Agarkar, especially since I consider Agarkar being a bowler. But Agarkar made a Test century and three ODI fifties, including a fifty off 67 runs off 25 balls against Zimbabwe.

Afridi made into originally as a bowler. Second time around as a batsman. So you can call him a pure allrounder, seeing as he can make the team on merit of both his batting and bowling alone...

Afridi came in the ODI scene because of his batting. He hit the quickest century in the history in his 2nd ODI. He developed his bowling later on. Now he is very good player with batting and bowling.

I just saw Imran Farhat's Test and ODI record: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/40582.html

Not impressive. Although in domestic cricket he is good enough.

Actually, he was selected as a young promising leg spinner. he was sent in at number three as a pinch hitter.

ZexyZahid said:
Afridi came in the ODI scene because of his batting. He hit the quickest century in the history in his 2nd ODI. He developed his bowling later on. Now he is very good player with batting and bowling.
IIRC, he made it into the team as a leggie. Never even considered himself a batsman before that century.

I presumed since he came in at number three at that match he was in the team for his batting. But you guys are probably right.

Jaffer at this point looks far more convincing and in a good form than Gambhir. Gambhir was not out yesterday but he was dropped twice. Jaffer on the other hand seems to be contuining his amazing domestic form with a nice cameo in 2nd innings. I think Jaffer will get the nod for opener's position along with Sehwag. I hope he establishes himself as a opener in the Indian side. I have seen him play in domestic matches and in practice nets and his cover drives are as gorgeous as Laxman's.

I recently found out that Jaffer made once 400 not out for school cricket.

ZexyZahid said:
I recently found out that Jaffer made once 400 not out for school cricket.
He is averaging more than 100 runs in Ranji competition. He looks is really good form. I have nothing against Gambhir, and think that he too is a good batsman. But, considering the form Jaffer is right now it would be a huge mistake to leave him out of the starting XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread