India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people hate Agarkar? Give me one solid reason!

He can't take wickets - Wrong! As it stands, whenever Dravid/Ganguly need/needed a breakthrough, they have and will turn to Agarkar.

He is too expensive- Wrong! He isn't more expensive than the rest of our pace attack. If anything, he probably has the ability to tie up an end better than any of our other seamers.

To top it off, he can bat, is a very good fielder, and has lots of experience. He can swing the new ball and reverse the old one. He also has been a lot more consistent in the last few months.

Any other reasons?

s2sschan said:
Munaf Patel or VRV Singh are suppossed to be the fastest. They haven't made it to the squad yet. Zaheer is the fastest in the squad.
India has not yet found a bowler who can be classified as "FAST" :mad: . Srinath and Zaheer are classified as "Fast-Medium".
The search for the Holy Grail is still on. :rolleyes:
Srinath was classed as Fast early in his career. He could consistantly clock speeds of over 150. Sreesanth is also pretty quick.

Jarryd said:
Strong teams are England, South Africa, Pakistan, and to a lesser extent India. Windies are slowly rebuilding and are weak at the moment. Sri Lanka have two good players, Vass and the Chucker. New Zealand have good players, but have absolutely shocking depth. Zimbabwe and Bangladesh speak for themselves.
You forgot Murali. Sri Lanka also have Attapatu, Malinga, Dilshan and Jayawardene. All very good players.
Have you been watching the recent series? Futlon and How aren't depth? They have pretty good backups.
Zimababwe and Bangladesh are also rebuliding, and have the potential to be the two of the top teams in the world. Bangladesh more than Zimabwe though...

Last edited:
Pakistan and India are considering adding a Twenty20 match to the current tour, to raise money for the victims of the earthquake in northern Pakistan.

It would be the first international Twenty20 match for both sides, if it goes ahead.

If a date cannot be arranged, one of the ODIs will become a fundraiser instead.

ZoraxDoom said:
Why do people hate Agarkar? Give me one solid reason!

He can't take wickets - Wrong! As it stands, whenever Dravid/Ganguly need/needed a breakthrough, they have and will turn to Agarkar.

56 Wickets in 25 Tests. Yeah Right! SO remarkable. :rolleyes:

ZoraxDoom said:
He is too expensive- Wrong! He isn't more expensive than the rest of our pace attack. If anything, he probably has the ability to tie up an end better than any of our other seamers.

Goes for over 5 runs per over in ODI's, Econ Rate is 5.10. India need at least two fast Strike bowlers in Tests. Only then we can use a support bowler to tie up ends.

ZoraxDoom said:
To top it off, he can bat, is a very good fielder, and has lots of experience. He can swing the new ball and reverse the old one. He also has been a lot more consistent in the last few months.

Any other reasons?

Can bat??? 7 Ducks in a row against Australia.

Lot of players can swing and reverse swing the ball. That dosen't make one an International bowler.

Agarakar would not have made it to any other team besides India, Zimbabwe, and Bangladesh.

Agarkar is in because, non-cricketing issues have sidelined Zaheer and Balaji.

I don't hate him, just believe that he shouldn't be in the playing XI.

Enjoying the debate with you Zorax, don't take anything personally.

Farhat Makes A ComeBack
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/4592216.stm

Pakistan squad: Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal Shoaib Malik, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan

Strong squad though,tough decisions to be made...

My Team
Imran Farhat
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohammad Sami/Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Danish Kaneria

s2sschan said:
56 Wickets in 25 Tests. Yeah Right! SO remarkable. :rolleyes:

Goes for over 5 runs per over in ODI's, Econ Rate is 5.10. India need at least two fast Strike bowlers in Tests. Only then we can use a support bowler to tie up ends.

Lot of players can swing and reverse swing the ball. That dosen't make one an International bowler.

Agarakar would not have made it to any other team besides India, Zimbabwe, and Bangladesh.

If he wouldnt have made it to any other team then why dont other team's bowlers take up first 50 wickets as fast as he did.

It might sound ideotic but by the time Agarkar retires his ODI record will be one of the best.

If I am not wrong he is also the fastest to the double of 1000 runs and 200 wickets.

He is the second best outfielder for me in the world after Brett Lee ofcourse.

No Indian batsman ( Sehwag,Tendulkar included) has bettered his record of the fastest fifty in ODI's.

And the point you mentioned of him remaining in the side ie politics is laughable as it was quite clear who were Ganguly's faviourite (Nehra,Zaheer).

The tour you are mentioned even Dravid didnt get runs .

If Ian Austin,Mark Ealham,Shahid Afridi,Nicky Boje are allrounders then Agarkar is as well.

Last edited:
I hope to see Rana Naved-ul-Hasan for Sami. He has got enough chances. Hopefully Razzaq will be fully fit by then.

56 Wickets in 25 Tests. Yeah Right! SO remarkable.
Stats don't tell the whole story. If you've watched him play in tests, you would see that he has a knack of getting crucial wickets. Even recently against Sri Lanka - who got the dangerous inform Sangakkarra out? him. Wo got rid of Jayawardene when he was motoring along beautifully? Him.

All our pacers go for over 5 in ODIs. He has the best strike rate and was the fastest bowler to ever reach 50 ODI wickets.

And a 100 at Lords. Dhoni, Yuvraj, Kaif, Pathan, and Laxman(I think) can't say they have done that. He also got close to scoring 50s twice recently against Sri lanka.

But none of our current seamers can do it. So he is an assest.

Riiggghhtt...because no team wants the bowler who was the fastest to reach 50 ODI wickets in the history of the game. Nor do they want the bowler who got a hundred at lords, or who has been India's top wicketaker recently. He would make Pakistan(replacing Sami), West Indies, South Africa(Instead of Kruger), and maybe even England in ODIs. But its no poin arguing if he would make another country. If he was in England he might have been a batsman..

Yup, those include Fitness, Work Ethics, Behaviour and Form. He beats those two in all these aspects.

Fine, but he should if we are carrying three seamers.

Non taken :) :cheers

scorpion_rulezz said:
Farhat Makes A ComeBack
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/4592216.stm

Pakistan squad: Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Yousuf, Younis Khan, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal Shoaib Malik, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Sami, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Asif, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan

Strong squad though,tough decisions to be made...

My Team
Imran Farhat
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Shahid Afridi
Abdul Razzaq
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Mohammad Sami/Rana Naved-ul-Hasan
Danish Kaneria

Exactly that is my squad though i want to see M.Asif in but I dont know which player to replace...

If Ian Austin,Mark Ealham,Shahid Afridi,Nicky Boje are allrounders then Agarkar is as well
Hey man plz dont compare Agarkar with Afridi..... Its just terrible for me :D

Agarkar comparing with Afridi. :laugh

The match is coming closer. Only four days left from now.

Oh please dont make me laugh, Agarkar does not have enough quality to be compared to Afridi. His title of a all-rounder is not justified, to me he is a medium fast bowler with not a very handsome average. Thats all.

As far as the Pakistani squad is concerned, it seems almost perfect. Just that Sami needs to make way for Naved-ul-Hasan and here we go...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread