India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should break that :p. Heres a scenario for a result:

India declare before play starts. Pakistan score a few more quickly runs for a lead of 380? :p
both teams can win :):cool:

Last edited:
sohummisra said:
He clearly was. You interpreted him the way you think (which was clearly incorrect) and then you insulted him because you didn't understand what he was saying? Based on performance in this test match, how can you possibly claim that Pakistan bowlers are better? Apart from Shoaib, EVERY Pakistani bowler is going comfortably over 5 runs an over.

It seems like you're just pissed off at the realization that the Indian batting line-up is not a pack of cards.

At the more sophisticated posters in this thread, I think tomorrow is going to be just attack, attack, attack from the Indian batsmen. I wouldn't be surprised if even Dravid has a slog or two. Sehwag will probably tune down his aggression a bit until (and if) he gets to his second triple century. I wouldn't mind seeing Dhoni up the order, either, if just to drill the confidence of the Pakistanis.

All in all, I believe we may see a few wickets fall tomorrow.

I dont want to see a wicket fall tomorrow, hopefully! If Sehwag gets past 309, I would be really happy! I dont care about 400. If he gets there, fantastic! I would love it. But I would want him to score it on a pitch thats not as poor as this one is! But if he achieves it here itself, I would be elated because not very often do you get such chances to break those special records!

Drewska said:
They should break that :p. Heres a scenario for a result:

India declare before play starts. Pakistan score a few more quickly runs for a lead of 3 hundred.
both teams can win :):cool:

Even if India declare, I doubt Pakistan would want to declare at a lead of just 300. It wont be called sportive! It would be called sheer stupidity! Its definite that at the rate India are scoring now, they will easily score 300 or above in 60-65 odd overs! Why give them the easy route of a victory that will boost their confidence no end and will push Pakistan on the backfoot for the rest of the series?

saisrini80 said:
I dont want to see a wicket fall tomorrow, hopefully! If Sehwag gets past 309, I would be really happy! I dont care about 400. If he gets there, fantastic! I would love it. But I would want him to score it on a pitch thats not as poor as this one is! But if he achieves it here itself, I would be elated because not very often do you get such chances to break those special records!

Even if India declare, I doubt Pakistan would want to declare at a lead of just 300. It wont be called sportive! It would be called sheer stupidity! Its definite that at the rate India are scoring now, they will easily score 300 or above in 60-65 odd overs! Why give them the easy route of a victory that will boost their confidence no end and will push Pakistan on the backfoot for the rest of the series?

Lara's world record's were also on very falt wickets at antigua. I don't believe the pitch takes away from the performance. It takes great concentration to achieve 300 even more to get 400.

Stefan 99 said:
Lara's world record's were also on very falt wickets at antigua. I don't believe the pitch takes away from the performance. It takes great concentration to achieve 300 even more to get 400.
I agree with Stefan there. To score 400 runs team total is a challenge in itself leave alone score 400 alone. It takes real concentration, application, mental and physical strength to score 400+ runs all by himself. Sehwag seems to love playing against Pakistan and I hope he waltzs his way into the record books by overtaking Lara's score.
Last thing India need tomorrow is to lose a bunch of wickets and give confidence boost to the Pakistani bowlers with two tests remaining. I expect Dravid and Sehwag to dominate the bowling tomorrow too. Hope that comes true.

EDIT : India Played well!

Last edited:
usy said:
WOW, all the Indians have gone hyper on the first test match. Don?t know where you?z where when Pakistan smashed India.
(NO OFFENCE)

History Repeat's Itself :) - Where are all the Pakistanis now? (Except For You :D )

(NO OFFENCE)

Hope Sehwag Breaks Lara's Record Tommorrow! :happy

OFFTOPIC: Later Guys, I'm Going To Play Cricket :cheers

usy said:
WOW, all the Indians have gone hyper on the first test match. Don?t know where you?z where when Pakistan smashed India.
(NO OFFENCE)
We (atleast myself) were right here when Pakistan smashed India. We also commended the Pakistani batsmen for totally smashing Indian bowling and complimented Khan, Afridi, Yousuf, and Akmal for their batting. I give credit where its due. Not like you who are stubborn and can't even say a good word for Dravid's and Sehwag's batting. Why didn't you blame the lifeless pitch when Pakistan was batting? Why only now when India is giving Pakistan's bowlers a hell of a time, does the pitch come into place all of a sudden. If Pakistan's bowling is better than India why have they failed to pick a wicket in over 100 overs??

India's effort is far more commendable than Pakistan's considering that India has batted on a wearing pitch, whereas Pakistan used the wicket when it was at its best.

Suddenly all the Indians are showing up. :rolleyes: Nice to see misery and happiness within two days. I knew after the third day this will be a draw and had noo doubt at that.

And weather prospect for tomorrow's play isn't looking good. Rain is expected.

sohummisra said:
He clearly was. You interpreted him the way you think (which was clearly incorrect) and then you insulted him because you didn't understand what he was saying? Based on performance in this test match, how can you possibly claim that Pakistan bowlers are better? Apart from Shoaib, EVERY Pakistani bowler is going comfortably over 5 runs an over.

It seems like you're just pissed off at the realization that the Indian batting line-up is not a pack of cards.

At the more sophisticated posters in this thread, I think tomorrow is going to be just attack, attack, attack from the Indian batsmen. I wouldn't be surprised if even Dravid has a slog or two. Sehwag will probably tune down his aggression a bit until (and if) he gets to his second triple century. I wouldn't mind seeing Dhoni up the order, either, if just to drill the confidence of the Pakistanis.

All in all, I believe we may see a few wickets fall tomorrow.

Indubitably! I would love to see Dhoni's "Maro Peeto" attitude in full flow.

I will be righ here , even if Pakistan loose badly , un-less i am dead.

usy said:
I will be righ here , even if Pakistan loose badly , un-less i am dead.
Thats the spirit. I will also be here. Even if India loses badly. I am not a fair weather fan.

Hey guys at PC! i have been travelling over the past few days and have just seen the score today and OMG is all of this true? Is that a wicket or a joke?

Wonderful batting by Viru and Dravid though i can't believe they kept this performance on hold till i left the country...

Sehwag should forget about records: Lara's 400, his 309... he has already established his place in the team.... he should just keep bludgeoning the bowlers as that will hurt Pakistan more than a slow innnings...

Did someone say Pak are better than India at taking 20 wickets?
Did someone tell them you gotta start with 1 before you can get to 20? :D

did some one get a bit too hyper ??

irottev said:
LOL this is funny.
thats why i say "PAKISTAN FOREVER" ... non of those Pakistani (brothers) which are hiding ... ;) true Pakistani that is .,..

Well after saying all bad things one could say to the Groundsmen for creating this dull pitch and eliminating any type of so-called home advantage Pakistani bowlers could have had, I would just like to say a brilliant knock by Sehwag. Getting the Indians out was always going to be difficult but it turned out to be a completely different scenario. I certainly hope to see some wickets fall on the last day and that the Groundsmen preparing the next pitch get instructions to make the next game a test match.
Bravo to all Batsmen who got runs, especially Afridi for his entertainment and Sehwag and Dravid for playing so well and not providing opportunities to the Pakistani bowlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread