India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ZoraxDoom said:
Parthiv! Great to see him back! Like I said, in the future(5 years from now) he should be able to make the team on his batting alone. :(
Test matches are not played keeping in view of 5 years ahead,its all about playing with your best 11 players from the country.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
m_vaughan said:
Parthiv Patel....is this a joke?
the Indian selectors sometimes behave like jokers and have a habit of contradicting themselves, so yes it is a joke !

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Indiangod said:
Karthik is not is not a good bowler on foreighn tracks.
!!!!!
KARTHIK Is the Wicketkeeper!
KARTIK Is the spinner!

Anyone misspells it anymore in this thread will recieve negative rep from me!! :mad: :mad !!!!!

kodos

International Coach
Parthiv Patel is a pretty good young keeper the last time I saw him when he came down under a few years back. He showed a lot of guts and determination against the Aussie bowlers so I reckon it was a good decision to bring him back him to support Dhoni.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Why worry when Dhoni is there?Why even think of looking for someone else.
Crazy selectors.As I told before Kaif would have been really very useful.

Parthiv is just going to warm the benches as he did in WC 2003.

furyfoxx

Club Cricketer
I think this is a really good team selected. If you observe very carefully, you can see the clear message that is being sent out to the players: If you don't perform, we got replacements for you.

Jaffer is enough is put pressure on the openers to perform. I strongly feel he will play in the first match against Pakistan.

The middle order consisting of Laxman and Yuvraj is under constant pressure. If one of them fails, Ganguly is waiting in the wings.

Parthiv Patel's inclusion lets Dhoni know that he cannot get comfortable thinking he's permanent in the team.

The same policy holds good for the fast bowlers. If Zaheer messes up, VRV is there to replace him.

The only players who can be relatively comfortable are Dravid, Sachin and Pathan because of their Captaincy, Godliness and All-rounder status respectively.

Hey lets get a backup coach as well!?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
m_vaughan said:
Parthiv Patel....is this a joke?

I'm sorry to say but this is a mixture of Sharad Pawar-Kiran More politics.
Nothing else.

What has Parthiv done in the domestic circuit ?
Wasim Jaffer is okay.
But get it from me ,the next time a player fails he'd be replaced by a player from Mumbai or Gujurat or Maharshtra.
I would not be surprised to see H Kanitkar back in the squad any moment now. :mad:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see Ganguly and Zaheer Khan back. Surprised to Kaif not making the final eleven. And Nehra and Balaji didn't even got handed a national contract.

Ashish_Nehra

Club Cricketer
:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
:shout :shout Parthiv Patel SUCKS :shout :shout
:gundown :gundown Selectors gone nuts :cutit :boxing
:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I've never seen this guy play. What's bad about Patel?

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
furyfoxx said:
I think this is a really good team selected. If you observe very carefully, you can see the clear message that is being sent out to the players: If you don't perform, we got replacements for you.

Jaffer is enough is put pressure on the openers to perform. I strongly feel he will play in the first match against Pakistan.

The middle order consisting of Laxman and Yuvraj is under constant pressure. If one of them fails, Ganguly is waiting in the wings.

Parthiv Patel's inclusion lets Dhoni know that he cannot get comfortable thinking he's permanent in the team.

The same policy holds good for the fast bowlers. If Zaheer messes up, VRV is there to replace him.

The only players who can be relatively comfortable are Dravid, Sachin and Pathan because of their Captaincy, Godliness and All-rounder status respectively.

Hey lets get a backup coach as well!?

btw, who is VRV Singh? I mean he is not even selected for in the squad. Zaheer will do well, you can see him re-discovering his old form. So is ganguly. I'm sure ganguly will play atleast one test, but i'm not sure if it is the first one.

Parthiv is a young wicket-keeper, 20 yrs now. I hope he improved his skills, and he is a good batsman. nice technique and defence and can be attacking when he wants to be. He is definitely one of the players for the future.

I hope Dhoni continues with his attitude and makes runs in the middle-order. His keeping skills are much better now and with experience, he is understanding the pressure playing cricket. Its always good to have positive competition in the team.

I don't think Balaji's performances in the domestic season were good, same goes with Nehra. I thought M. Patel could have been given a chance, he can play some useful innings as well.
All in all, a good balanced team. Lets keep away unnecessary controversies and focus on the tour, positively!

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
furyfoxx said:
But why Parthiv ?

Dinesh Karthik did not do too much wrong when he was in the test team.
He won you a crucial test match and was involved in a huge partnership with Dravid .
At a stage when a lead of 200 was looking difficult, he helped us to a lead of 400+ . And believe me that was a pressure situation playing in front of the Kolkata crowd . The match I was referring to was played not a decade ago but only this year (March 2005) .

I still feel Karthik will be a better choice than Dhoni in test cricket .Nothing against Dhoni but I feel he`ll be sorted out sooner or later by teams due to lack of technique . Dhoni does have the guts, temperament and a swagger which can make up for that but you`ll find in the near future that Karthik is a better batsman in test cricket . He is a sort of batsman who I`ll be more comfortable in a situation where you want to save a game .

rahulk666

International Cricketer
ZexyZahid said:
Good to see Ganguly and Zaheer Khan back. Surprised to Kaif not making the final eleven.
Yeah. Good to see Ganguly and Zaheer back. Now, we just hope they play well. Chappell is heard was furious with Ganguly's selection though. Some ugly 30's and 40's are not what are expected from ganguly though.
ZexyZahid said:
And Nehra and Balaji didn't even got handed a national contract.
Nehra should never be given a contract. He is sort of an employee who takes a sick leave every friday.

iceman_waugh said:
I'm sorry to say but this is a mixture of Sharad Pawar-Kiran More politics.
Nothing else.

What has Parthiv done in the domestic circuit ?
Wasim Jaffer is okay.
But get it from me ,the next time a player fails he'd be replaced by a player from Mumbai or Gujurat or Maharshtra.
I would not be surprised to see H Kanitkar back in the squad any moment now. :mad:
Just like how ganguly was able to stay in the team in Dalmiya's tenure?? It will be very sad when a talented cricketer from Mumbai/Maharashtra/Gujarat would be picked and he would be accused to be in the side because of Pawar.

Guys, Tendulkar, Zaheer, Pathan, Agarkar are all there in the team due to Pawar??? Ridiculous!! If Pawar was indeed evil, then he would have not advocated Ganguly's selection who is (was) clearly Dalmiya's left hand.

Last edited:

Dhoni

School Cricketer
Baby Patel is back! What the hell were the selectors thinking? Why two wicket keepers? And, why didn't they select VRV Singh? In test cricket you need someone fast! Pathan, Khan, and RP Singh aren't that fast! Well, Agarkar is, but his line and length is terrible. He bowls few good deliveries and then a real bad one for runs. Selectors are crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread