India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
match is going to be drawn..after seeing the first 13 overs of india batting there really isn't much in the pitch for the bowlers..all india want to do is avoid the follow-on..their first worry which i think they can easily do. I don't think india is going to lose more than 3 wickets in day 3.

Kaneria will be the key. India are the best players of spin so it should be a good battle. Dravid usually is extremely hard to get out and I suspect he will be the rock yet again while the other end blast away trying to get the total as quick as possible.

sohummisra said:
I wouldn't say India have been completely battered after day 2 of a 5 day game. They will have been completely battered if they lose by, say, an innings and 2-300 runs. That looks highly unlikely. I maintain my opinion that if the batsmen don't give their wickets away, Pakistan won't be able to pick up 20 in this match, given the current conditions.

Agree with you fully!

I dont want to see boring slow cricket from the Indians? I want to see every one of the batsmen play their natural game and score freely against the Pakistani bowlers! I dont worry if they lose! I would be happy that they entertained the crowd! Barring some really superb bowling by Pakistan, its tough to get wickets here in this pitch! So India should score at a good rate of 4-5 an over!

aussie1st said:
Kaneria will be the key. India are the best players of spin so it should be a good battle. Dravid usually is extremely hard to get out and I suspect he will be the rock yet again while the other end blast away trying to get the total as quick as possible.
Unless Kaneria has improved vastly in the last few days, and the Indians play to the upper limit of their complacency, I don't think Kaneria really holds the key. He'll be bowling a lot of overs, yes. He'll be trying to stifle the runs, yes. But I think he will only be supporting Shoaib.

The pitch is flat, so it is good news for all the batsman. . . Which I believe was the reason we couldn't get (all) out Pakistan. . . The samething will happen with India. . .

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
Agree with you fully!

I dont want to see boring slow cricket from the Indians? I want to see every one of the batsmen play their natural game and score freely against the Pakistani bowlers! I dont worry if they lose! I would be happy that they entertained the crowd! Barring some really superb bowling by Pakistan, its tough to get wickets here in this pitch! So India should score at a good rate of 4-5 an over!

Exactly, the last thing that a te4am wants is to go into a little shell, that brings more presure!

More than what the pitch has to offer and more than the pakistani pace attack, the overwhelming score of 679 can bog down the Indians. They will need to keep wickets intact...and that'll be the first thing in their mind. So first session is really India vs pressure. If pressure is the winner, it could well mean a Pakistani victory. If India is the winner, the game's still open but the chances of a draw will be higher.

This is really the time to have Dravid at the crease, will his cool, collective approach see India through? I'm sure neither of the batsmen will take risks and will try their best to see India through with out any loss.

Like i said..it all depends on pressure and how players handle them.
Pak. can relax a bit now, they've done early damage with some big scores that would have rattled Indians. They can concentrate on their game now and play the waiting game...

Sehwag's reached 80, I hope he reaches 200.

The pitch still looks like a batting beauty. 125/0, Now, its Pakistan's turn to suffer because of the pitch.

Dravid looks composed as ever.

India can still win if they get about 800-1000 runs till the end of Day 4, which is unlikely but still can be done on this pitch.

Hariz said:
Oh man that over was absolutely out of this world, I thought he is going to break Sobers's record. I can simply say he is improving his standards with every innings he plays.

BOOM BOOM AFRIDI :happy :happy

He cannot break Sir Garfield Sobers' record, he can only equal it. ;)

My 100th post! :happy :happy

Play stopped due to bad light!

Funny it is! The light looks so poor in the first session itself! Unless it improves, the play is going to be delayed!

A good innings from Sehwag! Will give him much required international cricket confidence!

Sehwag is looking ominous, in real dangerous form. If he can stay until tea, lot of the deficit would come crashing down. With quality batsmen coming in, India should fancy their chances of getting close to Pakistani total.
For now, though, the work has to be continued, with a mix of caution and aggression.

cricket_lover said:
Sehwag is looking ominous, in real dangerous form. If he can stay until tea, lot of the deficit would come crashing down. With quality batsmen coming in, India should fancy their chances of getting close to Pakistani total.
For now, though, the work has to be continued, with a mix of caution and aggression.
Caution and Aggression ! Are you sure . I thought it was all aggression.
A run rate of 5.42 !
The only parallel I can draw for this pitch is the SSC (Colombo) pitch in the 1997 India-SRL series where SRL scored 900+ and India scored 600+ declared !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread