India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
saisrini80 said:
Lolzz... Thats a funny team! Gambhir as our fifth bowler?
Yes, Gambhir. I read an article in a newspaper here. Apparently,during the third test, Gambhir was bowling his Leg Breaks a lot in the nets. Apparently, Greg Chappell was impressed by his Leg Breaks. Might have wanted to use him as a suprise weapon.

My Indian team would be the same as the last game with just one change.
Kaif will be my supersub and Raina in the playing XI.
If we do lose 4-5 wickets quickly, Kaif could be brought in instead of one of the bowlers.
Kaif is an orthodox batsman and he is very uncomfortable in the slog overs.
Dravid is a very versatile batsman and can adjust to any position.
Play Kaif at No.4 or No.3 .

No point in bringing Kaif when 4-5 wickets are down. When the conditions are good for batting, even if Kaif comes in, India will need to score beyond 300...for any reasonable chance of winning.
If a wicket falls early, may be send Kaif at no. 4, at the latest. Beyond that, we're just wasting his skill and other's oppurtunity. Sehwag can come at No. 4, while Kaif can be at no.3.
Bring RPS for Sreesanth.

The way our bowling looks, we may have to score at least 50 runs over par to stand a chance, on the pitches that have been thrown up.

cricket_lover said:
No point in bringing Kaif when 4-5 wickets are down. When the conditions are good for batting, even if Kaif comes in, India will need to score beyond 300...for any reasonable chance of winning.
If a wicket falls early, may be send Kaif at no. 4, at the latest. Beyond that, we're just wasting his skill and other's oppurtunity. Sehwag can come at No. 4, while Kaif can be at no.3.
Bring RPS for Sreesanth.

I wont drop Sreesanth! He is our only hope of some extra pace! He bowled really well in the first match and with potential but he was carted around because of over aggressiveness! Probably Dravid needs to have more words with him during bowling! RPS can replace Zaheer who looks pretty slow on the field and didnt do anything with the ball (except for that wicket and a catch!).

Pak_cricketer said:
Your blaming the collapse on one player? To let you know we won the game, when chasing a mammoth total.

PAKISTAN IS SECOND IN THE ICC ODI RANKINGS!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers
when did i blame afridi?
i said that we could have another solid batsmen in the team instead of arshad khan who i have no idea why he is in the team!!
either afridi or razzaq or faisal iqbal should be our super sub!!

I think this time around tour hasnt been friendly at all.I am talking about events other than cricketing.

1) Sachin incident.
2)Pathan incident
3) Indian tricolour disrespect incident.
and now 4) Agarkar and the pitch curator had an heated argument over something.

PCB didnt do the fixtures right ( 5 days between 2 odi's). Pitches have been supremely rubbish. This series is taking the sheen out of Indo-Pak cricketing rivalry

ronny_kingsley said:
I think this time around tour hasnt been friendly at all.I am talking about events other than cricketing.

1) Sachin incident.
2)Pathan incident

PCB didnt do the fixtures right ( 5 days between 2 odi's). Pitches have been supremely rubbish. This series is taking the sheen out of Indo-Pak cricketing rivalry

I think the 5 day break is due to Muharram (which I think is gonna be over in a few hours for the Pakistani fans)! Anyways, I too dont like this break! It makes me wait with bated breadth for the next match after what happened at Peshawar! Pakistan are not gonna have a free flowing ride like against England! That makes the series so intriguing!

The test series has taken the sheen out of Indo-Pak cricketing rivalry! Thats for sure! The curators combined with the weather have spoiled the contest there!

ronny_kingsley said:

1) Sachin incident.
2)Pathan incident

Sachin and Pathan incidents were not as bad as the last ODI between these two teams in India where fans were throwing everything in their possesion in the ground...

Yo you know that Peshawar crowds also threw the metal piece at Pathan when he was feilding. Also the Karachi crowds in the 3rd test threw stone to Sachin. That's so unrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread