India in South Africa

ZoraxDoom said:
I've been thinking.
Who are our future spinners?
Say Kumble retires after the WC, alongside Dada, Sachin, Dravid and VVs. Who will our future spinner be? I mean alongside Bhajji.
Obvious answer: Chawla.
That's it? He is young and inexperienced, we need to let him develop.
Call back Murali Kartik? Maybe, but he is too old.
Then?
But now, look at our pace stocks:
Munaf, SS, Irfan, Rudra, Srivarstra or however you spell his name, the young LFM bowler from Uttar Pradesh, Praveen Kumar and, of course, VRV. And alongside Ajit and Zaheer's experience, we have a mighty pace attack. Mightier than our spin attack of Bhajji, Chawla and Kartik.
So, is it just me, or is it time India turns from dust-bowls to seamer friendly wickets? I mean, that will suit our bowling attack. And say we keep a few spinning wickets for our young spinners to develop on. Not only will this keep us as a great force at home, with seaming wickets everywhere and a dust-bowl here and there such as in Mumbai, but will double in helping develop young batsmen who can handle these wickets too.
Think about. Realistically, our test lineup in 2009 should look like:

Gambhir
Viru (If he is still in the squad and not dropped. Parthiv might be a good replacement by then)
Yuvi
Kaif
Raina
Kaarthik (Or Dhoni, whatever floats your boat)
Irfan
Bhajji
Zaheer
SS
Munaf

With VRV, Rudra, Piyush, Rao all in the wings.

So, we will have a fantastic seam attack.
it isn't too late to develop green tracks for our young batsmen to grow on. Will definately be great. And we could still keep the odd pitch a dustbowl, with Bhajji and Piyush and even Yuvi/Viru as our spin attack.

Anyways, a bit off topic, but seeing this performance here by our seam attack, this can't be too far off from reality...

Man, You are forgetting Yomahesh he is a bolwer with high arm action and at 19 he is bowling in the 140 km range if he grows up well he might be a real fast bowle for indiar.Ishant sharma the tallest bolwer we have at 6 foor 7 inches
and abid nabi also a bowler capable of touching 90 miles .we have a more than decent attack for future.

Does anyone remember Tinu Yohannan? What happened to him?

Too much competition with Munaf, Zaheer, Pathan, VRV, RP Singh, Sreesanth and Balaji I guess.

Man, You are forgetting Yomahesh he is a bolwer with high arm action and at 19 he is bowling in the 140 km range if he grows up well he might be a real fast bowle for indiar.Ishant sharma the tallest bolwer we have at 6 foor 7 inches
and abid nabi also a bowler capable of touching 90 miles .we have a more than decent attack for future.

I won't believe it at all until I see it myself. VRV Singh and Munaf were said to be 140kph too, but they barely touch 130 these days.

manee said:
Too much competition with Munaf, Zaheer, Pathan, VRV, RP Singh, Sreesanth and Balaji I guess.

I won't believe it at all until I see it myself. VRV Singh and Munaf were said to be 140kph too, but they barely touch 130 these days.

Munaf patel touched 145 in last test series in west indies if you see he starts of bowling line and lenght at 125 then 130 then 135-140 but when required he can bowl at 140-145 In Test.

Vrv singh also has touched 145 but now is trying to settle down in to the team so he is bowling in the 135-140.

its apity espn does not so the speed its a dis grace.

prarara said:
Does anyone remember Tinu Yohannan? What happened to him?
I saw some old matches where he bowled. Seemed very good, albeit military medium. I think he got a career-threatening injury, and was unable to force a way back into the team despite being young and talented. Like Balaji.

Cricket_god said:
Munaf patel touched 145 in last test series in west indies if you see he starts of bowling line and lenght at 125 then 130 then 135-140 but when required he can bowl at 140-145 In Test.

Vrv singh also has touched 145 but now is trying to settle down in to the team so he is bowling in the 135-140.

its apity espn does not so the speed its a dis grace.
Yes he can bowl at 140-145 very easily but I don't know why he does that only in tests.He said in an interview that I want to bowl with line and length in ODI's that's why I have to cut my pace.

ZoraxDoom said:
I've been thinking.
Who are our future spinners?
Say Kumble retires after the WC, alongside Dada, Sachin, Dravid and VVs. Who will our future spinner be? I mean alongside Bhajji.
Obvious answer: Chawla.
That's it? He is young and inexperienced, we need to let him develop.
Call back Murali Kartik? Maybe, but he is too old.
Then?
But now, look at our pace stocks:
Munaf, SS, Irfan, Rudra, Srivarstra or however you spell his name, the young LFM bowler from Uttar Pradesh, Praveen Kumar and, of course, VRV. And alongside Ajit and Zaheer's experience, we have a mighty pace attack. Mightier than our spin attack of Bhajji, Chawla and Kartik.
So, is it just me, or is it time India turns from dust-bowls to seamer friendly wickets? I mean, that will suit our bowling attack. And say we keep a few spinning wickets for our young spinners to develop on. Not only will this keep us as a great force at home, with seaming wickets everywhere and a dust-bowl here and there such as in Mumbai, but will double in helping develop young batsmen who can handle these wickets too.
Think about. Realistically, our test lineup in 2009 should look like:

Gambhir
Viru (If he is still in the squad and not dropped. Parthiv might be a good replacement by then)
Yuvi
Kaif
Raina
Kaarthik (Or Dhoni, whatever floats your boat)
Irfan
Bhajji
Zaheer
SS
Munaf

With VRV, Rudra, Piyush, Rao all in the wings.

So, we will have a fantastic seam attack.
it isn't too late to develop green tracks for our young batsmen to grow on. Will definately be great. And we could still keep the odd pitch a dustbowl, with Bhajji and Piyush and even Yuvi/Viru as our spin attack.

Anyways, a bit off topic, but seeing this performance here by our seam attack, this can't be too far off from reality...

We had this same discussion in the Indian Cricket Fanclub a while ago. It really makes you think.
I Don't think Sachin ect, will be retiring after the world cup. Ganguly himself in an interview stated he wanted to play in at least 2 more before calling it a day.

In the two-day warmup against more or less low quality opposition, stand out performances were:
Gambhir - 79* off 101
Dada - 41* off 100, 2/23 from 8 overs.
Viru - 40 off 46
Bhajji - 10* off 11, 3/26 off 7
Dravid - 38 off 77
Munaf - 2/25 off 8 overs

Shockers:
Irfan - 15 off 15, none for 74 off 11 overs at 6.72!!
Only 5 overs for SS
These lines:
Code:
st sub (MS Dhoni) b Harbhajan Singh
c sub (MS Dhoni) b Harbhajan Singh
Why wasn't Karthik keeping wicket! And are subs allowed to keep wicket?
VVS scoring only 4!
Jaffer topping that by scoring only 2!

Seems a decent warmup for the team. VVS and Jaffer missed out, and Pathan screwed up. VRV took a wicket and bowled tightly too, so that was impressive.

I think Munaf and Gambhir are going to be the replacements for the next test in the places of Jaffer and VRV. Sad for VRV but Munaf is a better bowler!

Dada did well to pick 2 wickets. He has very nicely fit into the groove. Few months back, everyone believed that his international career was over and that he was unnecessarily dragging on by fighting a losing battle. Now see where he is - he almost looks as certain as he used to be when he was captain! What an amazing turnaround for Dada??? Dada's fans have been vindicated in supporting him even in his adverse times. Dada has to acknowledge their support (not that he hasnt!). For without their support, he wouldnt have been here!

There are very few people who have a very loyal fan base. Dada is one among them! People want him to get back up and running!

Cricketman93 said:
We had this same discussion in the Indian Cricket Fanclub a while ago. It really makes you think.
I Don't think Sachin ect, will be retiring after the world cup. Ganguly himself in an interview stated he wanted to play in at least 2 more before calling it a day.

If Ganguly keeps fit, I cant see why he cant play for another 2-3 years! He is just 33. People play well till when they're 36-37. I predict Dravid to get very close to the 2011 World Cup seeing the fitness that he enjoys! He is a terrific fit cricketer. Dont know about Sachin. I guess he will retire sometime in 2008! May be he will drop out from one form of the game to prolong his career! Even Sachin can prolong his career if he can avoid those injuries and keep himself fit!

Man, fans like you stood by him even through bad times it would be better if all of us also stood by the team when they struggle.

Dada

saisrini80 said:
Now see where he is - he almost looks as certain as he used to be when he was captain! What an amazing turnaround for Dada??? Dada's fans have been vindicated in supporting him even in his adverse times.

He's had One good Test Match mate. He got a second chance because his replacements didn't deliver.

Looks like the one year layoff made him change his attitude. He's fighting and grinding it out on the crease, instead of the dressing room. which is great to see.

A year ago he was fighting political battles with management and doing all kinds of manipulations to keep playing. Chappell did the right thing by dropping him. Was good for him amd good for Team India. Hopefully he will come out stronger.

s2sschan said:
He's had One good Test Match mate. He got a second chance because his replacements didn't deliver.

Looks like the one year layoff made him change his attitude. He's fighting and grinding it out on the crease, instead of the dressing room. which is great to see.

A year ago he was fighting political battles with management and doing all kinds of manipulations to keep playing. Chappell did the right thing by dropping him. Was good for him amd good for Team India. Hopefully he will come out stronger.

Even though he came back only because his replacements failed to deliver, he at least made the selectors think that it would be fit to bring him back instead of his replacements. I mean there are so many promising cricketers available in domestic cricket. Why didnt the selectors bring them? Why did they bring Ganguly back? Because he should not have been dropped in the first place. And he has been doing well too.

Cricket_god said:
Man, fans like you stood by him even through bad times it would be better if all of us also stood by the team when they struggle.

Even though we criticise the team, we have always continued to back the team and watch them, no matter how they perform!

saisrini80 said:
Even though he came back only because his replacements failed to deliver, he at least made the selectors think that it would be fit to bring him back instead of his replacements. I mean there are so many promising cricketers available in domestic cricket. Why didnt the selectors bring them? Why did they bring Ganguly back? Because he should not have been dropped in the first place. And he has been doing well too.

Even though we criticise the team, we have always continued to back the team and watch them, no matter how they perform!

Now i love the look on his eyes and his determination when he is there i get a feeling like dravid he will not throw it away with out a fight.Inida have a perfect combination with shewag,sachin,laxman the stroke players and ganguly dravid the anchors.

wow saisrini maybe i should have invaded your thread and said ganguly sucks. you stood by ganguly thru the good and bad times and im standing by pathan during his bad time and you come on my thread and say that pathan is in terrible form. yea ganguly was in great form they just had to chuck him out cause of him making ducks every game and did u see his last century it was a pain.

Individuals

hindustani said:
wow saisrini maybe i should have invaded your thread and said ganguly sucks. you stood by ganguly thru the good and bad times and im standing by pathan during his bad time and you come on my thread and say that pathan is in terrible form.

Its not about being for or against Ganguly and Pathan. The interest of the Indian team is above every individual.

Like Rahul Dravid says we should stop focussing so much on individuals.

Users who are viewing this thread