India in South Africa

surendar said:
But now DeVilliers changed to opening! Its going to be intersting! I predict an early wicket of Smith though :D

Right you are :)
Smith awful form continues with that mistimed pull shot.

zak is on fire!!!!! man this might be the best form india have been in since the england series. do you think sa will make this another screw up and get bundeled up for under a hundred

gamerkid22 said:
yeah Sai, just remember the days when Pathan was in full form and he used to swing the ball a lot and the batsmen were clueless also i saw the video of his hattrick on TenSports against Pakistan where he swung the ball nicely in the 1st over . Also Rahul Dravid said that Pathan has gone back to play 2 ranji trohpy games and then he will be back in the side in the next ODI series which will be played in India.

Btw Sai i was waiting for ur expert comments which are nice to read :Cheers

Yeah, Pathan will be back for the ODI series. If he does well in the Ranji matches, he should be back in the side.

Oh, me and 'expert comments'?? there are way many other indian fans here like sohum, cricket_lover, etc who are good at such expert comments.

hindustani said:
u no i think almost the whole team should be sent back to play ranji trophy matches.

careful! in a few days, i think some one would have to send you to the mental hospital!

India on fire! SA 32/3

Zaheer bowled a superb opening spell! The Indian bowlers are sticking to the very good line and length and are making SA play at it often. If only VRV can do it more often, India would be in a more better position!

I guess the SA top order is under lots of problems. It was nonsense of Smith to go for such shots when he is in such poor form. Irresponsible stuff! If India can get SA all out for less than 250, we would have done very well. This wicket is said to be a 350+ wicket.

saisrini80 said:
The Indian bowlers are sticking to the very good line and length and are making SA play at it often.
I guess the SA top order is under lots of problems. It was nonsense of Smith to go for such shots when he is in such poor form. Irresponsible stuff! If India can get SA all out for less than 250, we would have done very well. This wicket is said to be a 350+ wicket.

350+?? I heard overcast conditions helping the bolwers from the pitch curator in SA! ( i didnt see the match though... i was seeing this in News channel before the start of the match, they told, " overcast conditions.. what else u want for fast bowlers " )

Regarding line and length, this is what India needed for a long time. It was missing in Pathan,Ajit n Munaf combo though Munaf did well.

Its always better to stick to the basics ( batting or bowling) :)

aussie1st said:
Right you are :)
Smith awful form continues with that mistimed pull shot.

Nice that my prediction turned right :) As sai told, it was an irresponsible shot from him when he is out of form! Hope it doesnt happen with Sehwag ;)

South Africa rebuild.
Sreesanth lost his cool a bit against Prince and Boucher, but got revenge and cleaned up Boucher. Still likely to get fined though.
Current score: 256/6, VRV just got rid of Pollock for 11.

surendar said:
I guess, they first decided with Hall becos he have already done a huge damage against India!

Hall has irritated all Indian bowlers with a very very very patient knock of 150+ against India in India as an opener! That wud have been the reaosn i guess!
AJ Hall lbw b Kumble 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
:)

Graeme Smith is in some torrid form. That pull shot he played was all in desperation.

End of Day 1 - South Africa 257/8

I would say India have won Day 1. This wicket is still a 350+ wicket and if South Africa get anything below 300, India would have done really well. Though I would have liked India to mop up South Africa for below 250, still they have done a far convincing job of restricting the hosts.

I think the bounce is there, but the wicket now has eased out and looks a very good one for batting. The next two days should be even more better for batting. If India can get them out soon tomorrow and bat well, we will have a cracking test match on our hands.

And can somebody update us on what happened to Sachin Tendulkar's finger? I woke up during the last session and heard the commentator saying that "Tendulkar has injured his finger and wouldnt like to be batting tonight". I hope everything is fine with him and that he is fit to bat tomorrow. We need him badly. I am waiting for his 36th century here! Ideal place to get it, on a good batting track!

And can somebody update us on what happened to Sachin Tendulkar's finger? I woke up during the last session and heard the commentator saying that "Tendulkar has injured his finger and wouldnt like to be batting tonight". I hope everything is fine with him and that he is fit to bat tomorrow. We need him badly. I am waiting for his 36th century here! Ideal place to get it, on a good batting track!

He took a very high catch and one in the slips (both early on) which may be when he got the injury. Injured batsman tend to bat well, and with Tendulkar looking in good touch, he may get a hundred.

I believe that Sehwag may take the game away from South Africa when he bats with a quick cameo which may turn into a hundred if South Africa are not careful. India have picked VRV Singh from many reasons, one of which being his ability to dismiss the tail, he needs to demonstrate that in the morning as 50 extra runs could prove vital.

EDIT: Text from cricinfo

cricinfo said:
Off the park: Sachin Tendulkar made a quick trip to the hospital after dropping Ashwell Prince off the bowing of VRV Singh before tea. X-rays revealed no fracture, and the bruising on the right thumb shouldn't hamper him unduly when it's India's turn to bat.

Last edited:
saisrini80 said:
End of Day 1 - South Africa 257/8

According to the commentators he was taken to the hospital and the good news is that there is no fracture. They said that it was a bruise on the middle finger and the thumb. He is expected to bat and there was some discussion if he would bat lower down the order.

jus saw on the news that Dravid said that Sachin is fit to bat and will come out and bat at his usual position.

Well done by india to once again pick up 3 early wickets but then Gibbs, Prince, and Boucher did well for SA. and then at the end india came back to pick up 3 wickets. India let it slip in the middle but i guess now its all good and they should finish up the SA innings quickly. Kumble's 2 wickets in the last over was amazing, the tail couldnt pick up the googly... pacers did well too, expected VRV to get a few more wickets but he bowled well.

I hope India can do well in thier innings, hopefully we can have a good opening partership and i too would love to see sachins score his 36th century :upray

Great news.... Hopefully, Sachin gets a hundred here and consolidates India's position.

With the track proving to be a good batting wicket, I think days 2 and 3 will be good for batting than Day 1. If India can post a total of 400+, then India would be in a great position again. With the sun beating down heavily and with hot and humid conditions, this pitch might turn on the last two days and with the bounce that its already having, SA might be playing into the hands of Anil Kumble!

saisrini80 said:
SA might be playing into the hands of Anil Kumble!

yes, Kumble is the main man in last few days.. but India need to bat till that ;)

Sehwag,Dravid and Sachin have to come out from their shells.. its time to fire! :) i believe that Dada-Laxman pair can do fine as well!

If we can get 200 lead, then its great chance for us!

surendar said:
yes, Kumble is the main man in last few days.. but India need to bat till that ;)

Sehwag,Dravid and Sachin have to come out from their shells.. its time to fire! :) i believe that Dada-Laxman pair can do fine as well!

If we can get 200 lead, then its great chance for us!

Hmmm.. thats high thinking.. anything in the range of 100-125 and I would be happy. Over that, and its a bonus.

But I sincerely hope our batsmen dont fluff it up and blame the bounce as an excuse. I know it can happen at these sort of situations.. I am really scared of our batting tomorrow and its surely nail biting from now itself!

saisrini80 said:
Hmmm.. thats high thinking.. anything in the range of 100-125 and I would be happy. Over that, and its a bonus.

But I sincerely hope our batsmen dont fluff it up and blame the bounce as an excuse. I know it can happen at these sort of situations.. I am really scared of our batting tomorrow and its surely nail biting from now itself!

Breaking news ishant sharma to replace munaf patel

the tall fast bowlers 6foot 4 inches bowlers is set to travel to south africa
personally i think taking abid nabi and yomahesh could have been a better idea

I dont know any Domestic players so cant comment on that but i am sure even if Ishant Sharma goes to SA it will jus be for training experience from Chappel and other bowlers and ledgends, highly unlikely that he will play in any of the matches...

Users who are viewing this thread