India in South Africa

Bad news : Pathan sent back home to play Ranji games to regain bowling form. But it will be very helpful to him .
I hope that Sehwag also joins him back as he is in terrible form as well.

Just saw it, dang you beat me to it :p
Well i don't think this is bad news, its good for Pathan and team India. I really thought he would bowl well on a seamy track though.
This will surley dent his confidence.
Merry Christmas, btw. :)

Merry Christmas mate . But its bad news for Pathan's die hard fans. Surely he will make a comback as Ganguly did :)

hindustani said:
wow saisrini maybe i should have invaded your thread and said ganguly sucks. you stood by ganguly thru the good and bad times and im standing by pathan during his bad time and you come on my thread and say that pathan is in terrible form. yea ganguly was in great form they just had to chuck him out cause of him making ducks every game and did u see his last century it was a pain.

There's a world of difference between Saurav Ganguly and some one like Irfan Pathan! If you dont know the difference, I wish some one enlightens you!

gamerkid22 said:
Bad news : Pathan sent back home to play Ranji games to regain bowling form. But it will be very helpful to him .
I hope that Sehwag also joins him back as he is in terrible form as well.

Not bad news! Its good news. Instead of wasting his time with the team in SA, he can get some well needed match practice and this decision to send him back could spur him more to find his much needed bowling form!

gamerkid22 said:
Merry Christmas mate . But its bad news for Pathan's die hard fans. Surely he will make a comback as Ganguly did :)

If he can make such a comeback, India will be tremendously boosted. In his full form, Pathan is a huge match winner and can rip through batting orders!

yeah Sai, just remember the days when Pathan was in full form and he used to swing the ball a lot and the batsmen were clueless also i saw the video of his hattrick on TenSports against Pakistan where he swung the ball nicely in the 1st over . Also Rahul Dravid said that Pathan has gone back to play 2 ranji trohpy games and then he will be back in the side in the next ODI series which will be played in India.

Btw Sai i was waiting for ur expert comments which are nice to read :Cheers

saisrini80 said:
Not bad news! Its good news. Instead of wasting his time with the team in SA, he can get some well needed match practice and this decision to send him back could spur him more to find his much needed bowling form!

Indeed it is a good move as Pathan has been in really poor form of late. If he can find his form again he is a real asset to the Indian team as his batting is so handy and his bowling can be deadly.

Cricketman93 said:
Just saw it, dang you beat me to it :p
Well i don't think this is bad news, its good for Pathan and team India. I really thought he would bowl well on a seamy track though.
This will surley dent his confidence.
Merry Christmas, btw. :)

I guess a bad Christmas present for Pathan? Christmas sucks. In unrelated news, my gf cheated on me a few days ago so I guess I'm in Pathan's boat.

I hope he comes roaring back. For India's sake.

hindustani said:
u no i think almost the whole team should be sent back to play ranji trophy matches.

lol funny! :laugh

I agree the team is struggling atm but still, we are able to maintain good test records and poor ODI reords ;)
saisrini80 said:
There's a world of difference between Saurav Ganguly and some one like Irfan Pathan!

Yes indeed! former was sent back to play Ranji aftr long years of out of form while latter was sent soon to play Ranji compared to Sourav ;) j/k! :D

aussie1st said:
Indeed it is a good move as Pathan has been in really poor form of late. If he can find his form again he is a real asset to the Indian team as his batting is so handy and his bowling can be deadly.

Yes i also second that especially with WC coming ahead!

Pathan needs to get back the form, mainly he need to get that movement into the right hander back. But i doubt that whether Indian pitches ( where he is going to play Ranji games ) are going to support those movements!

I still remember Yousuf's wicket in Pakistan in ODIs closing the crictics of Mianad who said, " we have lots of Pathans here "!

Pathan has talents.. No doubt in that! He is suffering in bad form! He has to work hard to get his rhythm back and he is very handy allrounder needed for the world up!

What a blow for SA, Kallis out due to a back injury but they are batting first anyway. It also appears Hall is opening the batting with Smith.

South Africa team
GC Smith, AJ Hall, AB de Villiers, HH Gibbs, HM Amla, AG Prince, wicket-keeperMV Boucher, SM Pollock, M Morkel, A Nel, M Ntini

India team
W Jaffer, V Sehwag, captainR Dravid, SR Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, SC Ganguly, wicket-keeperMS Dhoni, A Kumble, Z Khan, S Sreesanth, VRV Singh

I heard in TV that Munaf is almost fit but VRV wud be given another chance! Sehwag,Dravid and Tendulkar has to do this time atleast!

Also, its seems to be overcast conditions that might favour the bowlers early :) Com'on India!

Andrew Hall in for Kallis. What a difference that would make for India. A less threatening batsman and an equally decent seamer...

De Villers back to the opening role actually that makes more sense. If there two fire India will be in trouble.

ZoraxDoom said:
Andrew Hall in for Kallis. What a difference that would make for India. A less threatening batsman and an equally decent seamer...

I guess, they first decided with Hall becos he have already done a huge damage against India!

Hall has irritated all Indian bowlers with a very very very patient knock of 150+ against India in India as an opener! That wud have been the reaosn i guess!

But now DeVilliers changed to opening! Its going to be intersting! I predict an early wicket of Smith though :D

Users who are viewing this thread