India in South Africa

Good positive start from Karthick. Lets see if it inspires Tendulkar!

Edit: Oh yeah yeah, thats it (sweep for 4 from Tendiya!). Sweep this guy outta Newlands! Damn, he keeps bowling leg stump'ish line!

They should take the attack to Harris. The Tendulkar sweep is very low risk, unlike Karthik, who I think is better off coming down the wicket, taking it on the full and whipping him through midwicket, a la Kevin Pietersen.

I don't think Tendulkar is fit enough to bowl, which I think is a blow.

saisrini80 said:
Good positive start from Karthick. Lets see if it inspires Tendulkar!

Tendulkar got his first boundary! All Sachin needs to do his, " Take the Team around 250+ " by accelerating the score card. A good partnership is needed now... This is where we miss Dhoni... But Kaartik have already played well in first innings.. So lets see how he plays now!

No :( The match is turning its direction? Lower order have to provide ressistance now... Minimum of 250+ is required!

Well, I think even 180 is defendable here, although India should obviously try for 200+. It's not going to be easy for SA even with time on their hands, but I think to lose this series will be a big disappointment for India.

I blame Tendulkar and Dravid for getting India in this situation. They could easily have added another 30 - 40 runs and put SA under pressure.

4 from Karthik! Woohoo. Every run has to be cheered here, let alone a boundary.

Karthik playing well here, farming the strike.

Oh crap, Kumble gone. He's been playing badly this series.

Karthick playing a little gem of a knock here!

Zorax, I am with you man! Drop Dhoni for the tests and put in Karthick. I love this boy's positive attitude. Fantastic stuff!

Proud that he's from my town (Chennai). Karthick is 30* and is batting with sensational positiveness!

Edit: Yeay! Psychologically, we have got a lead of 200. Another 40 runs or so will put us back again on even terms!

Oh my boy! This boy is batting like a champion! Go Dinesh Karthick! Touchwood!

This boy is best suited for both forms of cricket! He should be first choice in tests!

Last edited:
Karthik is playing beautifully that too when the team needed a knock like this! Some more runs now wud take near 250 :happy

But dropping Dhoni wudnt be fair i guess Sai! May be like the first innings, he could open the innings dropping Sehwag... Dhoni is needed in the lower order!

Edit:- sorry! It was Zaheer Khan out!

Bloody hell! What is Khan doing?! Just what you didn't need at this stage. I'm really getting annoyed, but it does make the match interesting! Good phase of cricket for India though. If Sreesanth and Karthik hang in there for half an hour, India will be on top. On the other hand, if SA wrap it up quickly...

EDIT: Karthik is not out!

Sreesanth gone! I don't have much hope on Munaf Patel here. I just hope he blocks one end for as long as possible. Karthik should really start to farm the strike and go after the bowling big time.

No support from Tail enders! India in trouble... This match is definitely going to have an result now... India need some more runs to stay safe... Com'on Karthik!

Yeah, even 15 runs here would be good. They should consume some time as well.

Oh man. I told you Patel doesn't know which way round to hold the bat! Controversial as well, it was the 7th ball of the over.

Patel looks like the Great Khali. LOL.

India don't deserve to win, how they played in that innings pretty much was obvious that they were never setting out to win the match.

OH my goodness! India hard done by in the end! It was the 7th ball of the over and ideally, had Karthick faced the next over, we could have seen 5-6 more runs from his blade (or even more!).

Anyways, no time now to dwell on if's. I have a sneaky feeling India have been handed a blessing in disguise from South Africa by being bowled out. 211 is by no means easily attainable, though its not as difficult as chasing 250 on this pitch. Its clear that on this wicket, scoring at a quick rate is much easier than just blocking. So if India can look to dry up the runs, wickets will automatically come.

This match is headed for a result - no matter which way! And I dont give a damn to the "who deserves to win the series" s**t!!!! Both teams deserve to win the series. I would be delighted if India win tomorrow! I think they can!

Once again this is all due to Virender Sehwag.He got out early in his own unique style.
But good news is Ganguly will be back in the one day squad against the Windies and Sehwag will be dropped.We will again going to see Sachin-ganguly opening for India.

gaurav_indian said:
Once again this is all due to Virender Sehwag.He got out early in his own unique style.

I guess there are 11 players in a team :p

Anyways, now its going to be a real test for Indian bowlers. Its a suprise that match is heading towards the result.

In one stage, 350 was expected from India to try n get SA bowled out tmrw.. As it progressed, after loosing the openers, We thought tht India wud play for draw.. and now, the result is going to be sure in this match!

Already Villiers have started with a boundary! Tough and Testing time for Dravid!

Users who are viewing this thread