India in the West Indies

176/3
Lets see whether Indians take advantage of this breakthru!!!!

Gayle out!!!
Agarkr strikes again!!!!
222/4

42/0 in 7th over. Not a bad start but dissappointing from Sehwag, he's struggling to get bat onto the ball.

All of a sudden, its two down and India are 66/2.

Hope India do not make a mess of this now. What was the need to send Pathan in when the ground was small and it was suiting the big hitters? Atrocious stuff from the team management this time!!! Dhoni should have been sent in to get set and then go slam bang at the West Indian bowlers.

gary0808 said:
Two Down and India in alot of trouble.
Come on the WIndies!!

Why? Is it because India beat England comprehensively the previous series?

Adarsh said:
Maybe I'm overconfident but this should be a comfortable win.

Not quite! India are known to make heavy weather of chases. Even though they have been great chasers the previous season, we dont know when the old bad habit might creep in! And remember, they are chasing outside the subcontinent here. All of their recent famous chases have come in the subcontinent of Pakistan and India!

saisrini80 said:
All of a sudden, its two down and India are 66/2.

Hope India do not make a mess of this now. What was the need to send Pathan in when the ground was small and it was suiting the big hitters? Atrocious stuff from the team management this time!!! Dhoni should have been sent in to get set and then go slam bang at the West Indian bowlers.

Why? Is it because India beat England comprehensively the previous series?

Yes, I completely agree. I'm not a fan of Pathan at three. I see no. 3's the ones who get centuries. I see Pathan the one who will score you quick runs lower down the order to propell the score.

A bit like Blackwell for England.

This isn't good news for India's world cup hopes. Struggling in the West Indies

gary0808 said:
Yes, I completely agree. I'm not a fan of Pathan at three. I see no. 3's the ones who get centuries. I see Pathan the one who will score you quick runs lower down the order to propell the score.

A bit like Blackwell for England.

This isn't good news for India's world cup hopes. Struggling in the West Indies
Struggling in West Indies let them complete this match and full series then show your report cards. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we have seen all but 5 hours of competitive cricket, and you are already writing India off for the World Cup!

Dhoni should be saved for the lower order, in case we get in a position where we have wickets in hand and a high required run rate. As it seems, though, Yuvraj being out, it won't end up like that.

The West Indies arer a very good side. They showed that in New Zealand. I hope they win to be honest, it will do them good. They deserve some wins.

Yuvraj also OUT now! Certainly alarm bells will ring for India if the next wicket falls soon. Kaif needs to consolidate with Dravid and build a good partnership now. Even though our most in-form batsmen are yet to come (Raina, Dhoni), it would be more tenser now that the run rate is also dropping!

I would say the West Indies are slightly in front here!

gaurav_indian said:
Struggling in West Indies let them complete this match and full series then show your report cards. :rolleyes:

Ha ha... Yes! Its just the first match and its not over yet! And even if they struggle this time, doesnt need to be the same during the World Cup. When they come for the WC, they will have the experience of having played here less than a year back and the team might have changed, etc.

I hope dravid gets his hundred, am sick of nervous nineties.

Good fight from the Windies but again the Indian will be chasing down a total with ease. Dravid is just so consistent these days. It's a pity Gayle's magic 100 will come to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread