India in the West Indies

Thank goodness there are no day-night matches, they start at 11.30 PM here in India, which is not at all good!

Sad though, no day-nighters.
I mean they do start late.but are pretty enjoyable.
Also,India havent played a day-nighter since the South Africa home series.
In Pakistan too,the day-nighters finished early.

i dont think india would have managed to get that record chases in day-nighters.
the dew and swing plays a very important role in the outcome of the game...

Abhas said:
i dont think india would have managed to get that record chases in day-nighters.
the dew and swing plays a very important role in the outcome of the game...

In fact, dew plays to the chasing team's advantage in that the bowlers find it hard to grip the ball and the ball comes onto the bat more faster

Cricketman93 said:
What time are the matches going to start? (EST?)

btw, direct tv has rights in USA

dont know how their pricing is. got to look at how their pricing is.

do they have broadband streaming? I dont have DirecTV satellite. I have their rival, DISH NETWORK!

Edit : Oh gosh! Its $150 for the whole series! Definitely not worth watching for that price!

Itching to get outta this country!

Last edited:
indeed
i would rather use cricinfo, and watch highlights.

I feel ODI's will be a bit boring, and more light will be on the test series. I am eager to see INdia perform well in tests, and not experiment too much with the batting order.

India vs Jamaica XI
Jarret Park,Montego Bay.

India 289/7
Raina 50 (79)
Kaif 49 (60)
Dhoni 49 (23) 4 fours & 3 sixes.

Richardson 3/47
Looks like Jamaica might have a hard time chasing it all down seeing as India's pace attack is a full 5 man attack with Pathan,Agarkar,Rp,Munaf and VRV.

iceman_waugh said:
India vs Jamaica XI
Jarret Park,Montego Bay.

India 289/7
Raina 50 (79)
Kaif 49 (60)
Dhoni 49 (23) 4 fours & 3 sixes.

Richardson 3/47
Looks like Jamaica might have a hard time chasing it all down seeing as India's pace attack is a full 5 man attack with Pathan,Agarkar,Rp,Munaf and VRV.
It is a suprise to see VRV Singh. Did they get him as a back up for Sreeshant who is supposed to have some type of injury? Is Harbajan not playing?

saisrini80 said:
do they have broadband streaming? I dont have DirecTV satellite. I have their rival, DISH NETWORK!

I am in the same boat. Any news on watching the game on something other than Direct TV in US? Tks.

India win the match by an emphatic 116 runs... Thats not important.

But the contributions of many players in the team is really encouraging. Kaif got a good 49, Raina, Dhoni, Dravid continue their purple patch, Sehwag seems to be OK.

Munaf Patel impressed with 3/30. I think he might stake a claim sometime in the series. And I too have the same question - where is Sreesanth? Is he rested? If so, why? May be, India didnt want both their new ball bowlers to be exposed in the warm up match?

saisrini80 said:

But the contributions of many players in the team is really encouraging. Kaif got a good 49, Raina, Dhoni, Dravid continue their purple patch, Sehwag seems to be OK.

Munaf Patel impressed with 3/30. I think he might stake a claim sometime in the series. And I too have the same question - where is Sreesanth? Is he rested? If so, why? May be, India didnt want both their new ball bowlers to be exposed in the warm up match?

Injured and doesnt look good to play tommorow atleast.

Powar out for 2 matches as well.

If so, then Munaf will get his chance instead of Sreesanth. Nothing to worry! Normally Sreesanth is more expensive, though he gets you wickets. Lets see how Munaf does (if he is picked).

This would be my team for the first ODI

V.Sehwag
R.Dravid
MS Dhoni
Y Singh
S Raina
M Kaif
I Pathan
A Agarkar
H Singh
M Patel
RP Singh

India needs to play 5 bowlers. India's batting starting from Sehwag till Pathan can bat, with Agarkar and Bhajji expected to contribute some useful runs when its their day. We need to have 5 bowlers to win matches in the World Cup, and we need to keep using it more often!

saisrini80 said:

And also except dravid and dhoni, every one bowled!!! ;)
Impressive 49 from 23 balls by Dhoni is a good sign!!!!

Very impressive win!!!!!

Go on India!!!! :happy

Great win! That was a good all-round performance!! Now, they have the required confidence going in tomorrow's match!

Users who are viewing this thread