India Team Discussion

S

Satan666

I am not impressed by Kohli's message that "dressing room conversations need to stay where it should be". Now that Kumble has given his side of
Anil Kumble left India job after giving 'dressing-down' to player | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Desperate attempts at salvaging Kohli's "dented" reputation in the wake of this Kumble saga. And if you see closely, a certain BCCI official without giving his name, is letting out all this information to the media and is trying hard to paint the negative picture on Kumble. Saying that "timing was not right" and that "he should have waited before giving the dressing down" is all BS. After such a humiliating loss, the coach is not allowed to give a piece of his mind? He is not just any coach, he is Anil Kumble and all the players must know his history and reputation with Indian cricket like at the back of their hand.

This to me seems the handiwork of BCCI with the help of Kohli, to get rid of Kumble. Kumble being part of the ICC Cricket Committee (he has stayed back in England to attend the ICC Cricket Committee meeting) and his recent strong opinions has made the BCCI cunningly dispose him off by concocting a story like this and by bringing Virat Kohli on board as its 'lead actor'. Suddenly the name of Rohit Sharma has popped up today. Do you see the timing? We were all talking about how Kohli is wrong and that he can be replaced and we have options like Rohit Sharma, who has done well in the IPL recently. Suddenly today, Rohit's name crops up as the guy who was given the dressing down by Kumble. Are you telling me that Kumble would give a dressing down to Rohit who has only failed in the final, but has scored 90's and 100's in this tournament? This is surely a cooked up story by the BCCI.

After digesting everything it does seem the BCCI are at play behind all of this. Some points I gathered:

1. Kohli is a corrupt individual working in cahoots with BCCI
2. The CAC are looking like a bunch of idiots by this fiasco
3. Kohli wants Shastri cuz he is a corrupted operative also

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Is this why BCCI was not in favour of Kumble's extension? - Rediff.com Cricket

My conspiracy theory that I had so strongly posted about, might actually be true if the above article is true. BCCI officials constantly leaking info about what happened in the Kumble-Kohli fiasco and repeatedly trying to paint Kumble in negative light, BCCI purposefully releasing the news of looking for a new coach right when Champions Trophy was about to start, etc. Though I have not liked Kohli's handling of this, won't be surprised if his hand was forced in playing complicit with BCCI.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Lalchand Rajput lashes out at BCCI for re-opening applications for India coach role
BCCI extends timeline for submission of applications for next coach

He is right in saying what he has said. This move by the BCCI shows that they have no faith in the applicants who have already applied so far. Also Kohli has requested for Ravi Shastri and since Shastri didn't apply in the initial round, this backdoor entry is very likely aimed at bringing him back in.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Lalchand Rajput lashes out at BCCI for re-opening applications for India coach role
BCCI extends timeline for submission of applications for next coach

He is right in saying what he has said. This move by the BCCI shows that they have no faith in the applicants who have already applied so far. Also Kohli has requested for Ravi Shastri and since Shastri didn't apply in the initial round, this backdoor entry is very likely aimed at bringing him back in.

Predictable.

Also, your theory looks spot on. It all seems to be about money. Kohli just seems to be the pawn in the game.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Predictable.

Also, your theory looks spot on. It all seems to be about money. Kohli just seems to be the pawn in the game.

Thanks yeah. My theory keeps getting stronger the more I read the news coming out.

Did Kohli develop cold feet when he heard Kumble wanted 60% of the captain fees, as his remuneration? Did his ego bubble up there? Can't rule it out. Also the Indian captaincy post is a coveted one and it can be used as a bargain when the administrators want something done and want the captain to side with them. And if you notice the patterns, almost everytime something negative about Kumble comes up as news, the source of that information invariably is an anonymous BCCI official. And the incidence of such news coming out has increased a lot ever since Kumble released that resignation letter on his official Twitter account. Seems like someone in the BCCI is assigned to do 'damage control' on Virat Kohli. :rolleyes:facepalm:(

S

Satan666

Thanks yeah. My theory keeps getting stronger the more I read the news coming out.

Did Kohli develop cold feet when he heard Kumble wanted 60% of the captain fees, as his remuneration? Did his ego bubble up there? Can't rule it out. Also the Indian captaincy post is a coveted one and it can be used as a bargain when the administrators want something done and want the captain to side with them. And if you notice the patterns, almost everytime something negative about Kumble comes up as news, the source of that information invariably is an anonymous BCCI official. And the incidence of such news coming out has increased a lot ever since Kumble released that resignation letter on his official Twitter account. Seems like someone in the BCCI is assigned to do 'damage control' on Virat Kohli. :rolleyes:facepalm:(

Question though where does the CAC stand on this? Their ability to select a coach under the circumstances has severely been compromised. I think its high time we dissolve them!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

I don't think Kohli is the types to bother about Kumble's pay. He knows he's the richest cricketer of the world at the moment (active). I think it could be more to do with 'power.' Shastri was a slave, Kumble brings his own class and ethos. He is also the type who will challenge you even if you excel, may be the ego flares up there..

I do believe though that Kumble's presence and experience along with the excellence of Kohli is the sort of environment where great test teams flourish.. Alas! One thing I'm convinced about is that Kohli needs to be kept away from selection matters. Also, I think this MSK Prasad is another little pawn in the big game. I don't know who calls the shots as far as selection is concerned!

By the way, I saw Shastri's interview with Rajat Kapoor and it has made me even more nervous about him becoming coach!

S

Satan666

I don't think Kohli is the types to bother about Kumble's pay. He knows he's the richest cricketer of the world at the moment (active). I think it could be more to do with 'power.' Shastri was a slave, Kumble brings his own class and ethos. He is also the type who will challenge you even if you excel, may be the ego flares up there..

I do believe though that Kumble's presence and experience along with the excellence of Kohli is the sort of environment where great test teams flourish.. Alas! One thing I'm convinced about is that Kohli needs to be kept away from selection matters. Also, I think this MSK Prasad is another little pawn in the big game. I don't know who calls the shots as far as selection is concerned!

By the way, I saw Shastri's interview with Rajat Kapoor and it has made me even more nervous about him becoming coach!

Shastri had a sucessful tenure as 'Director' didnt he?

Users who are viewing this thread