India Team Discussion

Shreyas should be kept away from the T20I team with a ten feet pole. You can’t be critical of Kohli and then nominate Shreyas ‘Radical’ Iyer as his replacement when the latter has a worse career strike rate than Kohli in both domestic and international T20s.

They should go back to the team that worked well for the bilaterals with Gill and Jaiswal opening while Gaikwad bats at three. I wouldn’t mind swapping Gill and Gaikwad around too. Integrate Abhishek into the team in the meantime and see if he can step up (I think he can). Shaw is another one that should be kept out of the international setup until he cleans his act up, you will be the first one cursing him for throwing away his wicket all the time and fielding like a cricketer from the 1950s.

Washi should get another chance, I agree. We should be playing him and Axar both, they offer more flexibility than two SLAs. The next T20 WC is in the subcontinent so there isn’t any worry over having 2-3 spinners in the XI.

Bring Rinku back for Dube. Let Gaikwad further hone his keeping skills and see if he can keep wickets in T20Is. If he doesn’t then we may be forced to go back to Pant/Samson.

Jaiswal
Gill
Gaikwad
SKY
Hardik
Rinku
Axar
Washi
Kuldeep/Third seamer
Bumrah
Arshdeep

Abhishek, Pant/Samson/New Keeper, Third Seamer, Dube (ugh)/Wildcard new batter

I reckon that’s a decent XI to defend our title in a couple of years. Praise be to Dravid, he has set us up well in this format for continued success on paper.
Gill not really brightest prospect in T20... could see Abhishek over him

Rutu as wk won't work- need Samson there (perfect fit), Id have liked Jitesh before but he had poor IPL

Washi doesnt inspire confidence anymore as he doesnt even make his IPL team and very defensive bowler. However he does add batdeep. Maybe we need to find another good AR for that spot.

Third seamer always the issue for India, Harshit and Mayank seem decent but its what happens every IPL, a pacer has a good season but he fails to maintain it- like avesh, prasidh, umran etc. India's weakest link will always be the pace attack. Its confusing who should play

Keep Bishnoi around team, play him over washi surely if batdeep can be compromised. Dube as backup bat still. Maybe Pant/Jitesh also as backup wk for now. Better than Ishan Kishan as he is very limited to his positions of batting compared to them

Rohit, VK and Jadeja retiring from T20- does this mean they can play in other global leagues?
I think they cannot play in other global leagues until they fully retire. They are still not retired from Tests and ODI's.

1720057975542.png

Can someone please explain why this piece of **** gets to hold the trophy? :abuse::angry:

Coloring oneself in Indian colors, acting like a mad man, free loading on the BCCI/Players monies and calling yourself the biggest fan doesn't count as worthy enough.

The Board needs to put an end to this stupidity. Heard that he makes the team bus wait for his traditional conch noise before every game. This is really sad!

View attachment 296592

Can someone please explain why this piece of **** gets to hold the trophy? :abuse::angry:

Coloring oneself in Indian colors, acting like a mad man, free loading on the BCCI/Players monies and calling yourself the biggest fan doesn't count as worthy enough.

The Board needs to put an end to this stupidity. Heard that he makes the team bus wait for his traditional conch noise before every game. This is really sad!
TBf I think I have a photo of myself next to a World Cup trophy with my face painted like a tiger.

View attachment 296592

I agree I should’ve held it instead

Users who are viewing this thread