India tour of Pakistan

India wins!! India, India

Ricky Ponting was right in the beginning, unlike Gavaskar...

Oh well......

I have always admired Pakistan's never-say-die attitude, they had India on the run many times....

Great job by Pathan. He along with Laxman's 1st innings knock secured india. But the huge wicket was Shoaib Malik. Great series. Now we have to wait for the tests!

Result

India: 293/7 (Laxman 107)
Pakistan: 253 all out (Shoaib Malik 65, Moin Khan 72)

India win by 40 runs
Man of the match: VVS Laxman
Man of the series: Inzamam-ul-Haq

Originally posted by pal@Mar 24 2004, 12:07 PM
Oh well......

I have always admired Pakistan's never-say-die attitude, they had India on the run many times....
actually it is india that has the never say die attitude. i watched the fourth ODI and during the partnership between dravid and yuvraj and dravid and kaif pakistan looked out of it, there was no spark at all from them. on the other hand, india in a predicament at 90/4 really put themselves to the task and refused to give in, and that led to the indian victory. you can thank sourav ganguly for that.

despite all the criticism, sourav is the best indian captain

This team does have a never-say-die attitude. Unlike previous Indian teams.

The young blood has helped that.

The Pakistanis have always had a never-say-die attitude. In fact I was firmly believing that we could win as long as Shoaib Malik and Moin Khan were going - a partnership of 99 at a run a ball. Sami batted with great spirit and in the end gotta say, Well done India. Well played on the day.

Originally posted by f0bstyle+Mar 25 2004, 01:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(f0bstyle @ Mar 25 2004, 01:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-pal
@Mar 24 2004, 12:07 PM
Oh well......

actually it is india that has the never say die attitude. i watched the fourth ODI and during the partnership between dravid and yuvraj and dravid and kaif pakistan looked out of it, there was no spark at all from them. on the other hand, india in a predicament at 90/4 really put themselves to the task and refused to give in, and that led to the indian victory. you can thank sourav ganguly for that.

despite all the criticism, sourav is the best indian captain [/b]
oh os u r saying just because india has it, paksitna has no right ot have it..wacha u talking about....

we fought in nz we fought here, as i recall i dont recall u guys having ht enever die attitude in the vb sereis

I think Fobstyle was typing with the Natwest series final 2002 in mind.....

well now the REAL cricket starts in my opinion

although the one day series was super to watch and very exciting test cricket will decide the best team :)

hard to call.....it will be close!!!

i am glad to see the one day series was a great one thou

i never said pakistan didnt have it, i said that india is teh one that has it especially by looking through this series. Both sides have tremendous courage, the Indians are the ones that exhibited it in this series, Pakistan didnt display it as much. I know they lost early wickets in the match at Peshawar, but they still had a few top line batsman left. India were down to Kaif and Dravid before the tail, for them to hold the nerve and remain unbroken is amazing. It didnt help that it seemed as if Pakistan wre just running through the motions not going for victory. They had the life sucked out of htem in that match.

Oh and so you know, i was talking about the Fourth ODI not the Natwest Series. India were down to just Yuvraj and Kaif in the NW.

I admit that Mohammed Sami played with tremendous guts, but in the end the young indian bowlers werent about to give Pakistan the edge.

Both teams played their hearts out, it was an amazing ODI series. It is unfortunate that the media seem to attack the Pakistani players claiming match fixing...

well at peshawar it was kind the same as gaddafi...dravid and yuvy put a 80 run partnership just like hammee and inzi and then just hammeed and razzaq with a little moin wihhc is your dravid and maif an u sitl had powar..so it hink it was even...even for ralpidni pmathc, sacihn scored 141...we still won...

my point was, it is thanks to Sourav Ganguly that india now possess that never say die mentality, eventhough they do have lapses to the india of old (Rawalpindi match). overall, india have greatly improved their game mentally.

Only hurdle is performing in the big finals matches

lol i thought this argument was about pak not havign the never die attitude becase we said we did and then u said india had it and seemed like u said pak didnt...it is odd but meh

well done to inida i just want to see saqy back into acition go to www.cricketnext.com and they have a article on how saqy is deveopping a new ball calle dthe "Teesra"(the thrid one)

some of ym inside source shave told me saqy has changed his action to get more bounce, who knows maybe the tessra is like a bouncer for spiinners :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread