India v England 2008

Bhajji's bolwing will also be crucial, He can take the pace of the ball and we don't know if this pitch even spins yet.

Its times like these i think any fan would wish Trescothick would get out of retirement. Vintage yuvraj. All we need is Kaif in form (and in the team) and its 2004 all over again.

There was really no point in sending Y Pathan ahead of Dhoni.India has done well both Dhobi and Yuvraj playing extremly well,Yuvraj would be trying to prove here,his vice-captaincy was taken away from him now Sehwag is VC.

Where's the washerman?:p

On Topic-Man Blazing 100 by Yuvi:hpraise
Hope to see a England counter attack just to get some fun from this game;)

Geez what carnage by India. I really don't see England getting close to it. KP and Flintoff would need to have knocks of their lives to chase that.
Yeah, history tells us that it's always possible, but you wonder how many English batsmen can play like this? It's not just about matching the peaks of the innings, it's matching the bit players in Gambhir, Raina and Dhoni. They first have to look to match those ones before thinking about scoring 100s in 70 balls.

As I said, this series will finish India 6-1 England. We have made a lot of improvements in the last year in this format but on tour against the toughest team in the world - no chance. It would be nice to lose respectably though. We never do that.

Who was it that said this was a seamers wicket :p

Pretty shocking stuff, I imagine they could well recall Sidebottom. We don't really need Bopara/Patel as a number 8, very long batting line up isn't much use when you're chasing this.

Spinners overs will be really crucial,because Eng can play pacers well,but when Harbhajan and any part time spinner (Sehwag) will come on to bowl,they will take off the pace from the ball.RP is a good bowler but he didnt play any test match vs Aus,so he is bowling after a long time,so is Munaf.

nikhil_99 added 2 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Where's the washerman?:p

On Topic-Man Blazing 100 by Yuvi:hpraise
Hope to see a England counter attack just to get some fun from this game;)

Sorry i wrote Dhobi,instead of Dhoni (just happened,was not at all intentional,sorry)

Last edited:
Lol geez when I posted the score wasn't 387! Awesome knock from Yuvraj almost got India into the exclusive 400 club :p The only way to chase that down is to go all gun blazing unless England can get 300 around the 40th over. Anything below that and they really are pushing it.

As I said, this series will finish India 6-1 England. We have made a lot of improvements in the last year in this format but on tour against the toughest team in the world - no chance. It would be nice to lose respectably though. We never do that.

Back your team a little more. An on-song pietersen can be carnage as well. Yeah i agree that if England have any chance everyone has to contribute but someone in the top 3 needs to go on and a make big one. Thats why KP should be number 3. He's the best batsman and thats where they go. But thats another story.

Back your team a little more. An on-song pietersen can be carnage as well. Yeah i agree that if England have any chance everyone has to contribute but someone in the top 3 needs to go on and a make big one. Thats why KP should be number 3. He's the best batsman and thats where they go. But thats another story.
I do back my team. Realistically though. I'm not going to say we have a chance in this game because from past experience, we don't.

Prior gone. Good bowling from Munaf, Bowled that in the corridor of uncertainty.

Users who are viewing this thread