India v England 2008

Exactly, England are not very good high run score chasers. The best they have ever acheved is around 306 or so.

Which means, if india manages to score. .310 more often against them, england are out of it. And it is very possible for Indians to score 310 more often, as their history tells in last decade. India have scored 300+ numerours amount of times. And they are very good high run score chasers as well.

England might be good in England or Fast pace bowling tracks, but that is not good enough to be very good team, if they cannot adapt to different conditions they shouldnt even consider themselves near the top.

they might be 2nd or so, but I know that if they cannot adjust to different conditions, that number would change very quickly in the downward direction.

The next match would be very crucial.

The sad truth is the Indian players have a much better range of shots that the English. We only have KP who can take a match by the scruff of the neck.

If Prior doesn't make a score or two in this series then he has to go for good. Davies, for me, looks the right guy since he can build a innings and take advantage of the fielding restrictions and won't gift his wicket to the opposition like Prior does. Mustard as well is a candidate although he needs to score for Durham first but he looked the part in the NZ away series.

After Bopara's innings I would consider dropping Shah, although it's very hard on him but you feel that Bopara has a bit of confidence after that performance and Shah has made too many runs recently. Swann needs to come in one way or another since he flexibility is needed in India, where you can easily misjudge the conditions like the captains did today.

I don't honestly believe there's a better all-round bowling line-up in the world. We've got the best pace attack in World Cricket in ODi's. Anderson, Broad, Harmison and Flintoff is an immense team.

I keep hearing you say this, but those guys are yet to back you up. If they're the best, why aren't they bowling sides out, keeping economy down and winning England games?

I won't believe the best bowling unit in the world could concede that many runs. Doesn't matter what the conditions were and who was batting. Teams don't score big 300 scores against you if you're bowling in the right places. They can't have bowled very well. Heck, India's attack did a hell of a lot better. Bowling a side out for that on that pitch! We all know England have weak ODI batting but that's a terrible total.

The pitch was very flat. India eventually decided to play a shot a ball and any length balls went out the park. We didn't bowl well with the new ball with Anderson bowling on Sehwag's pads but really the Indians just batted superbly and everyone misread the pitch. There was nothing in it for anyone and 1st innings when the ball comes on more means its the best time to bat.

England's top 3 got out to some lacklustre footwork. We should have made more runs most definitely but to give credit to India, they had knocked the wind out of our sails. It wasn't as poor of a performance from England as the scores suggest. India were just outstanding.

If India were trying to smash the ball every ball wouldn't yorkers and bouncers and some straight bowling help?

If India were trying to smash the ball every ball wouldn't yorkers and bouncers and some straight bowling help?

If we were being critical. England didn't get the yorker right in the block hole enough. As I said, anything that was length, Yuvraj hammered and with short boundaries he can easily clear the rope. Any team would have struggled to contain India on pitch and we won't see one that is flatter than that I would think.

If you ask me England didn't get their balance right. They needed two spinners, KP justifies why he needs to bat at 3, Prior down the order at 7, Bopara at 8 (thats shocking) and how much they needed someone like Sidebottom who i think could've troubled Sehwag early.
Bell
Shah
Pietersen
Collingwood
Bopara
Flintoff
Prior
Patel
Swann
Sidebottom
Anderson/Harmison

As I said before. We need two spinners but for some reason Pietersen thinks he needs another batsman and after Bopara made 50 and Shah has been good for England in the past, I don't we'll see another spinner in the side immediately.

I would've expected Wright if not Swann at 8. But Bopara. What a waste. I don't know why but there seems to be a lot of people against KP at 3. Any reason.

I though everyone was for KP at 3.

He feels that Shah is best at 3 because he's an experienced player and has done it for Middlesex in the past but all his success for England has come down the order. He can have a few more goes at 3 but if he continues to fail put him back where he bats best. Problem for Shah is that Bopara has made a score if he continues to score then Shah might find himself out of the XI

I'm not going to say the series is over, because it's far from it, and 1 bad result isn't the end of the world. As soon as another team scores 380 you have no chance. Well, if you're England anyway. If I was the Australian's I wouldn't be getting too smug, England have a far better bowling attack and we got spanked, imagine how well Lee, Johnson, Krejza, Clark and Watson would have gone, now that would have been a world record on this track :p.
Well Krejza and Clark probably wouldn't be in the ODI team, Bracken and Lee are two of the best ODI bowlers in the world and as for our spinners that would be White, Symonds and Clarke.

And I would rather have Lee, Bracken, Johnson (a better ODI bowler than tests really) and Clark/Tait/Watson than Anderson, Harmison, Broad and Flintoff.

I think you're massively overrating your pace attack.

Ganguly actually used to average 50 in Tests.

Straight a way from your pocket? :p
Actually He never reached there,if you meant 10+ tests.

vaibhav mehta added 8 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

I though everyone was for KP at 3.

He feels that Shah is best at 3 because he's an experienced player and has done it for Middlesex in the past but all his success for England has come down the order. He can have a few more goes at 3 but if he continues to fail put him back where he bats best. Problem for Shah is that Bopara has made a score if he continues to score then Shah might find himself out of the XI

Well I don't understand Why people are more worried for England batting line up?
Actual truth is that English bowler were just terrible except Flintoff.
It was rubbish bowling which put England on back foot straight a way.
Actually there was a very good toss to win and Dhoni would have done same If He would have won the toss.
You can't mention Anderson in your bowling line up if you really mean the best bowling line up.England just wasted new ball terribly which helped India to set score of 300+.

With this innings, Yuvraj has booked him a ticket for the team for the next two years. All his supporters will bring up the fact that he scored a hundred off just 68 balls against England, how 'he has that talent' and 'you can't drop someone who can do that'. Just like they did with the Six 6's.

It was a good knock, but my statement that his spot is given to him too easily still stands.

Cricketman added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I'm not too big on English cricket but why is Collingwood in the team? He's a good batsman, but I haven't seen him make any contributions at all over the last year or so with the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread