India v England 2008

@King Pietersen
Broad better than Mitchell Johnson are you kidding me?
And england bowling line up is the best attack in the world?Should i laugh or should i think that a guy is talking about his Cricket 2007 England ingame team?:rolleyes:

Broad is a fine player;). Blimey he does look a little bit like that irish laud from westlife. Brian Mcfadden.

Anyway Sachin comes in for Sharma in the 4th ODI and Ishant comes in for Pathan.

I'm sorry for being a tad late but superb stuff from Yuvraj who I have always backed in the ODI game. He is a great performer and today proved it. He can destroy attacks like no other on his day - which tends not to be that rare. The start from Gambhir and Sehwag can also not be underrated as a superb base to build off - nor can Raina's invaluable knock - his resurgance has gone unnoticed despite scoring a tonne of runs, albeit on flat tracks. The Indian opening bowlers were superb too, Zaheer nibbled the ball around and Munaf was as accurate as always, if not a tad flat. RP Singh was disappointing and should be replaced by Ojha for the next ODI. It is good that Zaheer and Munaf are doing well as it puts much less onus on Ishant to return before recovering fully.

I do expect England to come back strongly though; England's bowlers were all bowling a good heat and were simply left wanting by the flat track. The return of Sidebottom I expect to have a great impact on things for England; I just hope that he is not fully fit and so serves up some non swinging, slow tripe to hit. Broad and Flintoff are both exceptional ODI bowlers and I feel those two the ones to watch out for in terms of coming out consistently with 10-2-30-2 throughout the series. Someone like Anderson has the potential to singlehandedly win a game with his bowling and so he cannot be underestimated either.

manee added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/378426.html

Broad leading ODI wicket taker in the world since last July :eek:

I like him but that surprises me

It shouldn't. Broad is a superb ODI bowler, he takes wickets more often than not and is one of the world's top ODI bowlers. Tests is such a different story though that it distorts people's image of him.

Munaf was as accurate as always

The only bit I disagree on.

I know you probably meant as a figure of speech, But...Personally I do not think he is accurate as always. Yes, I do agree that he deserves to be in the playing 11 ATM but saying he is accurate as always is a bit of an over exaggeration IMO.

Ishant almost certainly out of the 2nd ODI as well, England still have a chance...

http://beta.cricket.yahoo.com/crick...ket.pti.com/5dd3119fb355e9cd30a8b58ee110a4af/

Last edited:
Munaf was praised as Indian McGrath,who also has similar bowling style!!! Too much i think,when he made debut (i guess it was vs Eng in India,when Kumble got 500th wicket)that time people used to tell,he is India's fastest bowler who can bowl consitently over 140/142 to max 145,later we dont know what happened he is bowling like 120/125,similar case is with Pathan,he used to bowl around 140 with big swing,now no swing and no pace! I hope this dosent happen with I Sharma.

Last edited:
^^ He is getting into the form for sure, he was pretty decent in srilanka series and i think would be very much potent on the foreign surfaces too.

Accuracy is his main weapon and he can be a match winner on aways tours especially.

Broad is a good bowler no doubt,also Sidebottom is said to be fit,so his entry will boost Eng for tomorrow's match.I Sharma might miss 2nd ODI,so India will miss him,though Munaf bowled well,I Sharma is really in good form.

Last edited:
^^ He is getting into the form for sure, he was pretty decent in srilanka series and i think would be very much potent on the foreign surfaces too.

Accuracy is his main weapon and he can be a match winner on aways tours especially.
Haven't see you post here before, even though I am sure you have a fair few posts. Anyway, welcome to the forums from me, always good to have another Indian supporter on the boards.

Kohli likely to be India's replacement if Yuvraj isn't fit...Yippee :rolleyes:

India could play 11 bowlers and England still wouldn't able to bowl you out. :p

That's funny. England bowling line up is not upto class now a days

Amiya Shreyas added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Haven't see you post here before, even though I am sure you have a fair few posts. Anyway, welcome to the forums from me, always good to have another Indian supporter on the boards.

Me here too...

Users who are viewing this thread