India v England 2008

rohit sharma is massively over rated,he averages just 25 from 29 games.

I think it just Broad is bowling on very tentative length and at the same time allowing pitch to do the rest.Pitch will become slower and slower as the match progresses so not a bad deal now for England.

Sounds like India have thrown their wickets away. Poor shots

Why is Rohit Sharma rated at all? He's only had like 2 good innings in 25 odd games. That's not good at all. I don't understand why he was being drafted for the test team either. Not sure about Raina but I think he has only scored runs on flat pitches. (Was SL flat? He did well there, made a 70 and a 50 i think).

Anyways looks like Gambhir has to fill the Dravid role for this match.

SL was NOT flat. That was against Mendis!
Raina is class.

Rohit Sharma I personally don't rate. He's only in the team because of the Mumbai effect, and people only rate him because he has talent. :rolleyes:

This kind of slow wickets are bad for One-Day cricket.. just as pitches which offer lateral movement throughout the match. It's going to slow even further. Sporty wickets like the one offered at Rajkot are the order of the day IMO.

On a more serious note, this is why we need a Badrinath. Someone to weather out a storm, I don't see a Yuvraj, Rohit, or pfft, Yusuf Pathan doing this. Why don't the selectors learn?

BADRI!
hell ye! I'd have him in the team ... his calm contributions were the reason why the Chennai Super Kings did so well ... and he is no slouch when it comes to changing gears and going BIG ...

the Indians
the Indians are clearly building a young team -- based around the successful T20 side -- to win the 2011 World Cup in their own backyard ... but youths are impetuous -- I know, I'm one of 'em -- and time for 'buckling down' can be easily dismissed as "boring" ... so, when they're on form, they're very, very good; but when they're out of it, they are horrid ...

the story today
Viru and Rohit both played poor shots to get out ... but the Indore pitch is a lot more malicious than any normal Indian track, and is playing a big part ... unlike the two wickets mentioned earlier, Suresh Raina couldn't really be blamed for his dismissal; it came out of the sweetspot of his bat, but the ball's speed (and I suppose trajectory) was visibly altered by a crumbly pitch ...

Yuvraj needs to build his innings ... and he's not looking too bad so far ... if he comes through with a big score today, I'd wager he'll be picked as Dada's replacement ... Gambhir, as a test player and a batsman in form, is

the Pathans
as for Yusuf Pathan: I'd have Irfan in the Indian team ahead of him any day of the week ... and I bet Irfan could comfortably hurl down a few Ajantha Mendis-style off-cutters and leg-cutters (if what the team needs is variation, and not another left-arm seamer) ...

Last edited:
100 up for India,both these bastmen are playing good,taking singles to spinners and not trying to really go after them,slowly the Run Rate is also inching towards 5,these two should stay there till 35th/40th over

nikhil_99 added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

They should not worry or play rash shot,if 1-2 overs dont yeild them runs.

A very good 50 by Gamghir:happy,he played in pressure,he was there from the start,he saw wickets tumbling,Yuvraj's 50 was with more flare,he played his shots:hpraise,he is in good touch

Good 50 from Yuvraj. This is the type of batting I like.

Cricketman added 9 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

Take the Powerplay right NAO!

If the SL pitches were not flat then I suppose Raina's selection is good :p

As for Gambhir, he's really turning into one of our most dependable batsmen(hope I don't jinx him). I remember when he first came into the international circuit, he was quite mediocre. But he did well in domestics and made his way back on to the team with great success. Irfan Pathan and Rohit Sharma could learn a few things from him.

Good knock by Yuvraj too, looks a little more mature than in SL, but that's prolly cause there's no Mendis!

Edit: Ah crap I jinxed Gambhir.

Last edited:
Fianlly the partnership broke!! KP did that for Eng,but a good inngs of Gambhir came to an end,I hope Dhoni walks in now,rather than Y Pathan.

Users who are viewing this thread