India v England 2008

Lol, just watching the coverage that I Sky +'d earler, gotta love KP picking up Gambhir :D England haven't bowled brilliantly again though, allowed Yuvraj to get going again, he always struggles at the start of his innings, so get him out early ffs. Not sure how many India will get here, but anything over 250 is going to be hard to chase. Will need someone to really fire, hopefully it's Shah. 5fer for Broad and 100 for Shah would be a result to please Ben :p

Also, that leg side flick from Yuvraj to bring up his fifty was glorious. Why can't England have someone like Mendis ffs? Samit Patel's hardly going to cause anyone real trouble tbh, Swann should be playing in India. Even though England have been improving, we still need to sort a few things out. Prior's clearly not an opening batsman, and if he's not opening he's not in the team, get Foster in down the order. Bell's got talent, so leave him up there. I just think we need to really shuffle the team up, to give people specific roles. I'd go for something like:

Denly/Key
Bell
Bopara
Pietersen
Shah
Flintoff
Foster
Swann
Broad
Harmison
Anderson

Bopara bats at 3 for Essex, and he's wasted at 8. There's no way Bopara should be batting anywhere near that low in the order. Get him at 3, like he does for Essex, and he'll start hammering some runs. Shah then moves down to 5, he's better suited slightly down the order I feel, with Freddie at 6. Foster then keeps from 7, with a proper spinner, Swann in at 8. At least this way people have a role in the side, there's no point having a guy like Bopara in the side, batting at 8 and not bowling. I've decided to drop Colly. He's not as consistent with the bat as he used to be, and his bowling isn't good enough to get him in the side. I'd rather have Denly in the team tbh.

Last edited:
We need KP and Freddie to really pick up the pace now, Run Rate needed now up to 7.67, only on 4.19.

if it gets over 9 required per over at this stage, it is almost game over then. they need under 8 right now though.

Woah, that's the way to start a batting powerplay :D Awesome shot Freddie. That Puma bat must have a middle on it. Desperately need KP and Fred to bat the majority of the overs now, maybe promote Ravi, he can really give it a whack.

Wahey, what an over, 3 sixes and singles of every other ball. Another 4 overs like that and we'll be right back in the game. This is going to be a good end, just so long as we don't get the customary England collapse.

Here we go......=\ Flintoff LBW to Yuvraj. Lucky we've still got Colly, Ravi, Samit and Broad still to come, this is going to be a good end. Ravi and Broad to win us the game like in England?

Last edited:
Required RR 8.66

I think it's India's. Even with KP out there

Pietersen gone!

Yuvraj Singh won it on his own. What a performance.

Last edited:
Pietersen ffs. What was that shot? He went too far into his shell.

Match over. Colly, Patel and Ravi won't win it from here. Well played Yuvraj, just put your back out now please :D

MAN! WHAT IS THIS!

I was looking into cricinfo for the scores, and saw england were going haywire and got back and turned on the TV and it was the Yuvraj's over! I had a little thought in the mind as i have lot of sentiments in cricket that maybe i'm watching the match On TV, any miracle can happen! It did!

184/5 :D

Man of the match: I'd swear, Yuvraj singh. :D..

:clapGreat job Yuvraj with bat and bowl.Dream spell and match

friend863 added 2 Minutes and 38 Seconds later...

Spinners are doing excellent job.Overs are going run rate is reaching high.

friend863 added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

6 wickets down.Any chance of eng win.Good job Bhajji

Patel's really struggling against spin here. This is why I'd rather have seen Bopara come in. He can be truely destructive, and lead a run chase. Remember England vs India in England where he and Broad gave us a chance, then Bopara and Nixon against Sri Lanka at the World Cup. Bopara should be given more of a chance in the ODi team, batting at 8 for a player with his class is ridiculous.

This match is all but over now, especially with Colly now gone. He's lost it, get him out, he's lost that grit and detirmination he once had to win England a match. I'd much rather have Bopara, or Trott batting at 6.

Trott is miles better than Denly and Key. Anyway, Prior getting 38 off 64 is pointless. If you're going to use up 11 overs then it needs to be for a few more runs than 38. Bell was crap as per usual.

Anyway wasn't exactly good from England but it was a mild improvement. I don't mind the n00by players underperforming because it's a young side but the experienced players should perform. Anyway there isn't much we can do with this squad but I would bring Cook in for Bell until they finally come to their senses and realise the only player in England who can hit hundreds like KP is Trott.

Bopara's gone as well, had to try and go for it. Good catch by Raina.

England outplayed again. Really need to take a look at these squad selections. The team I mentioned a few pages back would do a far better job. They need to do something, been destroyed once more. Just gotta hope Yuvraj doesn't maintain his form.

Users who are viewing this thread