India v England 2008

I hope you understand the difference between "Should" and "is". read before you say something

I gave up my point it should be canceled

England Test tour of India to go ahead: BCCI

England will play their scheduled two Tests against India next month despite militant attacks in Mumbai, Indian cricket board vice-president Lalit Modi said on Thursday. Modi said that the first Test would go ahead in Ahmedabad from December 11-15 but the second, scheduled for Mumbai from December 19-23, could be moved to a southern Indian city.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3766054.cms

So for now it seems only ODI's are postponed,lets hope there are no bombings after this...

Moved to southern part? a draw Rain area.

how unlucky i m .:mad: Yes very bad luck of mine.

i was to witness the test in Mumbai but not now!:crying

Right, the hypocrisy is amazing.

I've been tuning into Sky Sports, Sky Sports News, and a few other sports channels, and apparently the show must go on now?

I am just going to say WHAT THE fearsome tweak?

Everybody lambasted me here on saying the show must go on / life goes on as in regards to the Champions Trophy, and yet we've seen an incident that is 100x times worse in India than ever has been in Pakistan (as far as players security is concerned), and everybody is saying that the Champions League should go on (not in Mumbai though)

Completely ridiculous. So many Indian fans here criticized myself and Karachi Xpress as well as a few others for backing Pakistan as a host. However, now I'm pointing out the HUGE inconsistencies by the players and the administrators of the BCCI / ECB.

Cannot believe that England have not left yet when they were the ones crying left, right, and centre about the security in Pakistan.

Right, the hypocrisy is amazing.

I've been tuning into Sky Sports, Sky Sports News, and a few other sports channels, and apparently the show must go on now?

I am just going to say WHAT THE flip?

Everybody lambasted me here on saying the show must go on / life goes on as in regards to the Champions Trophy, and yet we've seen an incident that is 100x times worse in India than ever has been in Pakistan (as far as players security is concerned), and everybody is saying that the Champions League should go on (not in Mumbai though)

Completely ridiculous. So many Indian fans here criticized myself and Karachi Xpress as well as a few others for backing Pakistan as a host. However, now I'm pointing out the HUGE inconsistencies by the players and the administrators of the BCCI / ECB.

Cannot believe that England have not left yet when they were the ones crying left, right, and centre about the security in Pakistan.

Don't agree with you alot but you're exactly right its more than hypocracy its bordering on being disrepectful to Pakistan, in a way by the fact this incident is far worse than anything that has happening in Pakistan and we didn't want to go. England should leave now, I hope the players stand up to Giles Clarke I'm sure they weren't asked about this decision and if they were then I'm shocked they'd take the risk.

We should have pulled out, but really taking into consideration how none of our players associations have been contacted during the negotiations I can see a lot of the players pulling out of the tour in the interests of their own safety.

Either way, pretty weakminded and stupid decision by el ECB.

Glad to see zMario here quibbling about injustice against Pakistan's cricket fans when most of the world is mourning the attacks against the innocent people of Mumbai. :rolleyes:

sohum added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

We should have pulled out, but really taking into consideration how none of our players associations have been contacted during the negotiations I can see a lot of the players pulling out of the tour in the interests of their own safety.

Either way, pretty weakminded and stupid decision by el ECB.
What are you talking about? Hasn't the tour been cancelled?

The test are still on next month. We should have pulled out. Considering the PCB hasn't been involved in any of the talks and probably the only player involved in any of the negotiations if any at all is Pietersen then we should have simply pulled out.

Glad to see zMario here quibbling about injustice against Pakistan's cricket fans when most of the world is mourning the attacks against the innocent people of Mumbai. :rolleyes:

Sohum, I believe this is a cricket section - why would my condolences be in here?

So please take your accusations elsewhere. Nobody deserves to die during this, I have already said I strongly condemn this in the other parts.

Honestly, maybe if you read the other parts of the forum, you would be able to see my posts on the issue?

England Test tour of India to go ahead: BCCI

England will play their scheduled two Tests against India next month despite militant attacks in Mumbai, Indian cricket board vice-president Lalit Modi said on Thursday. Modi said that the first Test would go ahead in Ahmedabad from December 11-15 but the second, scheduled for Mumbai from December 19-23, could be moved to a southern Indian city.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3766054.cms

So for now it seems only ODI's are postponed,lets hope there are no bombings after this...

Evidently not.

Absolutely unfathomable that they intend to still play the Tests, any risk to life, and they should just cancel, I have no idea why they haven't.

Your out of order there. You are just having a dig at zMario, due to the fact that it is known you don't like him. He made a valid point, this has been far serious then what happened in Pakistan and I personally, am surprised the England players are even still in the country. Really do expect better posts from someone with your reputation, Sohum. This is a time for people to be getting along not arguing. This is what the terrorists want to do. Drive people apart which only exasepates the situation

Sorry, you claim that this is a time for not arguing and getting along, yet you make a blatently snipey post aimed at Sohum. Slightly double standards I think here. If you wanted to avoid any confrontation you could have put it a hell of alot nicer than you've put it, was no need for the "Really do expect better posts from someone with your reputation, Sohum" comment.

I can't believe that England will play the Test series tbh, I'm sure the players will just get up and leave if it's not safe to be in the country. It's not worth jeopordising player safety just for a few Test matches. Can't see them going ahead tbh.

I can't believe it. How is it going ahead, how stupid. This is one of the few occasions where I have just thought, get them out of there.

Well if half the squad dies they best pick Trott.

Sorry, you claim that this is a time for not arguing and getting along, yet you make a blatently snipey post aimed at Sohum. Slightly double standards I think here. If you wanted to avoid any confrontation you could have put it a hell of alot nicer than you've put it, was no need for the "Really do expect better posts from someone with your reputation, Sohum" comment.

Quit bitching at me, second time today. Oh, but you obviously want some sort of reaction from me. Well I ain't going to ;)

Users who are viewing this thread