India v England 2008

Oh yeh definitely, I love abit of pointless confrontation me =/. It's just purely co-incidence that it's you that I've posted to. If someone says something I don't agree with, I'll pull them up on it, I don't give a shite who it is. If I wanted you to rise up to it I'd have insulted you, I happen to think you're one of the better members on the forum, but today you've said 2 things I don't agree with. Don't take it personally.

Too late, I've got my noose all done up and it is a bitch of a thing to get those knots un-tied. Hope you feel guilty now :p

Nah, that's all cool, thought I was going to have to get my argument hat on ;)

Anyway, India are lucky that we're leaving. Everyone knows we have a knack for turning up when the contest's over. 6-1 and 2-0 would have been pretty embarrassing from India's view.

Seriously though, RIP to those who died.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tests are still on. Thats fantastic. Its times like these when the cricket community should continue to support each other however without losing any level of security. I'm quite happy the ODIs are prematurely ending because no one in their right mind would stay (previously i thought the English cancelled the whole tour). zMario has a point and i think if England, South Africa and Australia could at least play pakistan in a neutral venue that would be truly beneficial for not only cricket but for human spirit. Double standards are truly in place but instead of ignoring it the ICC can end this and their long-running joke of a council.

Second test should be shifted to Kolkata and not to Chennai as it is raining heavily there!!

Right, the hypocrisy is amazing.

I've been tuning into Sky Sports, Sky Sports News, and a few other sports channels, and apparently the show must go on now?

I am just going to say WHAT THE fearsome tweak?

Everybody lambasted me here on saying the show must go on / life goes on as in regards to the Champions Trophy, and yet we've seen an incident that is 100x times worse in India than ever has been in Pakistan (as far as players security is concerned), and everybody is saying that the Champions League should go on (not in Mumbai though)

Completely ridiculous. So many Indian fans here criticized myself and Karachi Xpress as well as a few others for backing Pakistan as a host. However, now I'm pointing out the HUGE inconsistencies by the players and the administrators of the BCCI / ECB.

Cannot believe that England have not left yet when they were the ones crying left, right, and centre about the security in Pakistan.
I don't understand, everything I've read says that England is going home and that the Champions League was postponed.

I don't understand either. People on here disagreed with him and now Sky Sports is saying the opposite and so we're hypocrites because, you know, we run Sky out of our backyard.

Anyway, India are lucky that we're leaving. Everyone knows we have a knack for turning up when the contest's over. 6-1 and 2-0 would have been pretty embarrassing from India's view.

Seriously though, RIP to those who died.

LOL it's a huge sigh of relief for the English that they left as 7-0 is very much embarrassing ;)

It's a nice move that England team has left so that more security is moved the required places - Coastal areas

They are, and will apparently be returning for the Test series
I feel like this is just a short-term facade put up by the English board so that the BCCI would not squabble with them. I think it's a good idea... get back home, see how the situation plays out and then probably decline to tour because of security issues. It would keep the BCCI happy for now and it allowed the English team to go home.

I think it's pretty unlikely the tests will go ahead although I don't think even the BCCI could object to the England squad going home.

Users who are viewing this thread