India v England 2008

What the hell happened before my eyes on TV? Graeme swann, the only man to pick-up 2 wickets in the first over of his International Test Match Career.

It seems Gambhir's one was marginal too (dont know about Dravid's).

P.s: Is any other channel telecasting the series apart from Neo Cricket? There's no telecast on DD, and our Sun Direct DTH service does not have Neo Sports/Cricket on their channel lineup. I had wasted money subscribing to ESPN, Ten Sports & Star Cricket in the hope that they would telecast the series on any one of those channels.

What the hell happened before my eyes on TV? Graeme swann, the only man to pick-up 2 wickets in the first over of his International Test Match Career.
Well, I guess KP was right when he said Swann's debut would be better than Krejza's. :D

sohum added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

It seems Gambhir's one was marginal too (dont know about Dravid's).
I have no problems with these sort of decisions, as long as they go for both sides. Batsmen should be forced to use their bat and in that regard I'm happy with Gambhir's dismissal. Additionally, I think the "hit-outside-off-stump" rule is pretty silly especially when the batsman gets as completely beaten as Dravid was.

Shows us Aussies up for using part time spinners in India.
Also, it shows how much more balanced England's bowling line-up is, which could be useful during the next Ashes. They've got good pace bowlers in Harmy, Jimmy, Broad and Sidebottom (who will be very useful in English conditions) and they've got at least one quality spinner in Monty. A little too early to make a call on Swann, but just getting that much turn is a brilliant asset.

Also, it shows how much more balanced England's bowling line-up is, which could be useful during the next Ashes. They've got good pace bowlers in Harmy, Jimmy, Broad and Sidebottom (who will be very useful in English conditions) and they've got at least one quality spinner in Monty. A little too early to make a call on Swann, but just getting that much turn is a brilliant asset.

Speaking of Sidebottom, why isn't he playing in this test?

Glad you got the joke KP!

Now for monty to take a hattrick in his first over! In all seriousness will be intresting to see where the match goes from here!

One can't draw too much comparison in the ground conditions between the series, not yet at least, but England do have the luxury of 4 bowlers who have previously played Tests in India.

Users who are viewing this thread