India v England 2008

I don't think I've ever seen such an onslaught of a new ball attack before, Sehwag was amazing. Thank God we got rid of him though. I just hope England's negative tactics in the run up to the declaration don't cost us. This happens far too often to England, we get into a good position, then drag our feet and the damn game ends up being a draw!

England should still win this, as always, the first hour or two will be crucial. Harmison needs to fire: his first ball that speared miles down the off-side was an indicator of things to come, unfortunately. If the quicks can control one end and rotate Swann/Panesar at the other, we should do ok.

Prediction: Dravid's still there. He's going to ruin the RR and give England the match. After he meanders for a cheap 20 off 110 balls or something, he'll play a false stroke and get out. Tendulkar and Gambhir will play for a while, but then, Gambhir will fall because of a loose stroke. After this, the batting will slow down considerably, and after one more wicket falls, India will start playing to save the match rather than win it. Wickets will keep tumbling through poor shot selection. Harbhajan and Zaheer will try their best to put up a late order defense but will eventually succumb to their limited batting ability. England will win by ~100 runs.

There goes Dravid again, a nothing shot. I think he deserve to be dropped now so many failure, young people like Badri can have a go.

ok so anyone putting any money on this being Dravids last series? I'm having a hard time seeing him in the next India test series.

Great start for England then.Dravid fails again.
England`s game now.

Last edited:
ok so anyone putting any money on this being Dravids last series? I'm having a hard time seeing him in the next India test series.

I am because he hasnt score any runs, selectors will get tired of him soon.

YES THANK GOD DRAVID'S GONE!

He was the one person that could give England the game. This is excellent for India. Now that Dravid's slow negative impact is gone, Tendya and Gautam can get it on.

YES THANK GOD DRAVID'S GONE!

He was the one person that could give England the game. This is excellent for India. Now that Dravid's slow negative impact is gone, Tendya and Gautam can get it on.

Dude you just think negative, if Dravid stayed England would have been under pressure because if he got going then England were in big trouble.

@ Jit; Wrong, playkid is right. Dravid's current form tells that he will stay in there without scoring much and would dent India's chances of victory. Its good that he is gone. THIS SHOULD BE HIS LAST SERIES! Sad thing is, he will go out when people have already been wanting him to go rather than asking "why is he going" which happened with Saurav Ganguly.

Sachin - bring out that 136 knock in your mind and repeat it!! Same venue, same situation, please we want a different result. PLEASE TENDYA! Win this for us.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Great start for England then.Dravid fails again.
England`s game now.

Hey come on adi, we have Sachin playing at the venue where he scored 136 and brought India 10 runs within victory vs Pakistan. This time, I think he can do it. Be optimistic. Gambhir is positive too, and then we have Laxman, Yuvraj and Dhoni. I think we have enough power now to win the game (Dravid getting out is not a big blow at all)

My guess - this test is going to go DOWN THE WIRE! Either India or England. It might be a classic test match, and again at Chennai after a long time.

The pitch is wearing. Large patches of bald spots. It is a psychological fear-factor for the batsmen.

India needs someone who simply doesn't give a hoot about the pitch or the bowlers, and plays a natural game. Like Sehwag yesterday. Maybe time to promote Yuvraj up the order???

Deep

@ Jit; Wrong, playkid is right. Dravid's current form tells that he will stay in there without scoring much and would dent India's chances of victory. Its good that he is gone. THIS SHOULD BE HIS LAST SERIES! Sad thing is, he will go out when people have already been wanting him to go rather than asking "why is he going" which happened with Saurav Ganguly.

Sachin - bring out that 136 knock in your mind and repeat it!! Same venue, same situation, please we want a different result. PLEASE TENDYA! Win this for us.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Hey come on adi, we have Sachin playing at the venue where he scored 136 and brought India 10 runs within victory vs Pakistan. This time, I think he can do it. Be optimistic. Gambhir is positive too, and then we have Laxman, Yuvraj and Dhoni. I think we have enough power now to win the game (Dravid getting out is not a big blow at all)

My guess - this test is going to go DOWN THE WIRE! Either India or England. It might be a classic test match, and again at Chennai after a long time.

It is because of this being the fourth innings and a possible run chase that Iam not feeling too confident of a Sachin special.I actually thought he would score a ton in the first essay.

KP has set really good fields here for Monty.He has curbed Sachin`s inside-out lofted drives against Monty.

This is why more matches should be played in Chennai. Fantastic pitches (usually), a very knowledgeable and cricket loving crowd, and the venue always produces classic matches. It's not heavily crafted for the Indians(Nagpur) and isn't a place for where the tourists feast like Bangalore. Chennai owns:D

This is why more matches should be played in Chennai. Fantastic pitches (usually), a very knowledgeable and cricket loving crowd, and the venue always produces classic matches. It's not heavily crafted for the Indians(Nagpur) and isn't a place for where the tourists feast like Bangalore. Chennai owns:D

At the moment we are being owned ! Gambhir gone !

Users who are viewing this thread