harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I was one of them. Was extremely disappointed when Ashwin was dropped but my dad constantly backed Dhoni's decision of including Nehra.

Would be interesting to see the bowling line-up for the final. As it's Mumbai, we can expect a spinner in place of a seamer.

To be honest still not convinced of Nehra's ability to bowl in the pressure overs though he bowled well enough in the Pakistan game, but Dhoni got rid of most of his overs early on when the Pakistanis were defending and that was the good thing.

I would still say Ashwin ahead of Nehra in a crunch situation bowling the last over.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys, how about wearing avatar ribbons on PlanetCricket to support India, similar to the Twibbons for Twitter. It would certainly be a unique way to support team India for the final.

shripathee

School Cricketer
I really dont think Dhoni will risk going into a final with 3 seamers especially with Dilshan in great form. Nehra bowled well yesterday but his effort came against a mediocre Pak lineup. I am not sure he will do well against the likes of Dilshan and Sangakara.
Ashwin should be back. He is Dhoni's trump card.
Ashwin vs Dilshan should be very interesting and could well be a huge factor in the outcome of the match.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Hey guys, how about wearing avatar ribbons on PlanetCricket to support India, similar to the Twibbons for Twitter. It would certainly be a unique way to support team India for the final.

No, dude. Oram FTW!

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
No, dude. Oram FTW!

:lol
Same here , Nick Carter FTW :D
@ Yudi : There are some who are really superstitious and dont want to change their avvys heading to the final . Should india lose , you ll become a culprit here then . :p

Pranav

ICC Board Member
131012.jpg

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
It's a proud and an emotional moment for all of us. A world cup victory, it's incredible. Privileged to be supporting team India. They have certainly brought a lot of pride and glory to our motherland.

All I can say is that we deserved to lift the cup. Feeling bad for Muralitharan, but one team had to lose and this time it was Sri Lanka.

Proud to be an Indian. Chak De India!

Aditya

ICC Board Member
A great victory for the nation. A moment that I will remember throughout my life. We had a average bowling line up but we still managed to win the world cup. Great work by the team. :)

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Share your winning moments guys!
-----
Mine: I was playing songs for the match at our apartments hall (Similar to what they do in Stadium, but not to that great extent by DJ's and all those things). I kept the "Chak de! India" Track ready on Windows Media Player, and kept on playing other songs on VLC media player! Those two fours really got the crowd completely alive and I was playing "Suno gorr se duniya walo,.. buri nazar na hum pe daalo" one, especially the "Sabse aage honge Hindustani" part repeatedly! But what Dhoni hit that big one, everything was messed up due to crackers :(. The speakers were shouting "Chak de... uchakde India", but crackers dominated the speakers sound! Everyone went mad! One of my friends broke the seal of coco cola 2liters pet bottle. they poured some coke on me, me being the biggest cricket fan of our apartment :p. A We lit up a 1000 shots cracker, and a 10k wala.

Really, it was an awesome experience, I was with tears, when we were celebrating. One of my friend, Kaustub (Gilly_Kaustub of PC), we both gave ourselves a very strong hug, as we kept on discussing about this mega event since two years or so.
Share your experiences please :).

Varun

ICC Board Member
Great to see the WC coming home, what a delight to see Team India, especially Sachin win this world cup.

Users who are viewing this thread