Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, I cannot understand why so many of our forum members are opposed to the concept of the ICL. More domestic cricket has got to be a good thing and particularly if there are foriegn players, it's got to be an added attraction...

On a similar note, how come no board opposes their players from playing for the English County championships where there are so many overseas players participating? How is that different from what ICL is currently proposing to do?

I know that ICL is "unofficial" and "unsupported" but the fact that the BCCI all these years has not been able to create an exciting Domestic cricket set up in India which attracts money and audience interests shows me that they've failed and that it's time for somebody else to create that interest.

The BCCI is an exclusive political body that has no business in dictating how cricket is played in a country like India with 1 billion people.

In my opinion the BCCI does not represent cricket fans all over India... who are they to decide what we must watch and what we musn't?

The youth players were going to be taken from all over, I remember reading that Australian youth would be a main target.

On a similar note, how come no board opposes their players from playing for the English County championships where there are so many overseas players participating? How is that different from what ICL is currently proposing to do?

As u answer it below,it is official.

I know that ICL is "unofficial" and "unsupported" but the fact that the BCCI all these years has not been able to create an exciting Domestic cricket set up in India which attracts money and audience interests shows me that they've failed and that it's time for somebody else to create that interest.

In my opinion the BCCI does not represent cricket fans all over India... who are they to decide what we must watch and what we musn't?

I have a reason to believe that it is all a part of the television rights war.
Given the poor quality of pictures from Nimbus,which were suppossed to be top-notch,people will definately take to ZEE and ESS starting a new cricket league.

Regd ESS,they started the Indian Hockey League,but the viewership figures for the first two years were marvellous.
When ESS broadcasts women's cricket,people take to it.

The main reason for the BCCI to not to support Subhash Chandra is-he has irked them too often.This is Chandra's third attemtp at starting a cricket league or a breakawat series and i believ it has aggravated ever since BCCI refused the cricket rights contract to ZEE in 2004.

Australian and england domestic cricket system are best in the world....
india's domestic system does not even come closer and so to take it to a higher level ZEE have taken a move and bcci are opposing it

Those who do not know indian domestic cricket go to Sharad Pawar and ask him where is mid on ??.....he will reply mid on is a very good place to visit i hope to visit it some day...:eek:

Yousuf, Razzaq and Farhat sign contracts

with Indian Cricket League?

From our correspondent

LAHORE: There are reports that three Pakistan cricketers Mohammad Yousuf, Abdul Razzaq and Imran Farhat have signed the contracts offered to them by the newly-established Indian Cricket League (ICL).

According to sources, these cricketers signed the contracts on Tuesday. When contacted the cell numbers of all these cricketers were not responding. However, a credible source informed this scribe on Tuesday that the contracts were signed on Tuesday.

http://thenews.jang.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=68289

That source doesn't look very credible. If it is true, however, it will be interesting to see how PCB react seeing that they had pretty much followed in BCCI's footsteps. Throwing someone like Yousuf out would imbalance their team greatly, in my opinion.

This is so disappointing that the ICL has to be against the ICC instead of with it.

The tournament could have been a nice little relaxing knock-about, helping the youth of India (among other countries) gain exposure to international level cricket. It could have taken place in a rest month from the ICC but obviously, such a thing does not exist, cricket must be played all year long according to the ICC and national cricket boards and the players bound by contracts.

The ICL is going to end up ripping professional international cricket apart, and neither the ICL nor ICC want that but it may be a neccessity to make the ICC and national cricket boards realise that they cannot keep players tied by strings for their control.

I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but Imran Farhat was released from his Pakistan contract, so reports of the three Pakistan signings could be accurate. It seems like teams not looking after their players could feel the burn.

Farhat has agreed to sign for ICL.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/6949584.stm

Pakistan star agrees Indian deal

Opener Imran Farhat is set to commit himself to the rebel Indian Cricket League despite knowing it will lead to a ban from playing for Paksitan.

The Pakistan Cricket Board has warned that any such players will no longer be selected for the national team but Mohammad Yousuf, Abdul Razzaq and former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq are considering offers.

^^ To add to this 7 Hyderabaad Ranji players have signed the contracts for ICL.

That also includes former India U-19 captain Ambati Rayadu,who should have broken into Team India by now.It seems that these ppl have been paid Rs90 lakh for joining the ICL.

Users who are viewing this thread