Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rumours are that Inzmam could be the next big player to join ICL.

And they're warning that it could end his career... even though when he announced his retirement from ODIs, the PCB gave his contract to someone else. Inzi wants to make 10,000 runs, which is only 1200 more than he has, but he'll be 40 before it happens if he doesn't even make their preferred XI. Depending on how he is treated, it will be very interesting. I'd think just the fact that he's no longer contracted means he would be looking for replacement income.

So far the ICl claims to have poached Inzamam U-Haq, Shane Ware, Glenn McGrath and Stephen Flemming.

To be honest, I dont think Warnie will want to take part in a tournament in India as he can't stand the place, because of the food issue. Remember the infamous Baked Bean fly-over rescue!

So far the ICl claims to have poached Inzamam U-Haq, Shane Ware, Glenn McGrath and Stephen Flemming.

To be honest, I dont think Warnie will want to take part in a tournament in India as he can't stand the place, because of the food issue. Remember the infamous Baked Bean fly-over rescue!

if the money is good, I think he will again get the baked beans imported into india...

But, Warnie is angry that he is in the mix! Look

Read This
Warne's Manager
"Certainly I am p**sed off, and I think Shane is rightly p**sed off, that they said he had announced he had signed," Erskine said in the Herald Sun. "That's not true. That hasn't gone down well. That shows a lack of organising."

Last edited:
Now ex Aussie batsman Stuart Law also keen to join ICL.

Stuart Law, the former Australian one-day batsman, is one of the names doing the rounds as a prospective ICL player. He isn't very well-known in India but has strong Twenty20 credentials. Law, who now plays for Lancashire, told Cricinfo he wasn't aware of being on the ICL scouts' list but is willing to join the league, if made an offer, since he is not affiliated with any country. "My contract with Lancashire is up at the end of this season and it [ICL] might be something that fits really well with me," Law said. "It is appealing to me because I haven't played enough international cricket at that level and it's a chance for me to test my skills in foreign conditions."

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/icl/content/current/story/304736.html

Pawar delivers a crippling blow to the ICL.

Warns youngsters that they may not be selected for India if they sign up

Pawar scoffs at Indian Cricket League

August 2, 2007

Sharad Pawar, the Indian board (BCCI) president, ridiculed an unofficial Indian Cricket League (ICL) competition carrying a prize of US$1 million, saying it would mainly feature players coming out of retirement. Pawar also warned that promising young players would be ineligible for the Indian team if they played in the tournament, which is being bankrolled by Zee Telefilms, India's largest listed media company.

"I can't see any threat from the ICL," Pawar said. "Not many people are interested in watching retired players in action. Everyone wants to see official cricket, not the oldies. I see no reason for young players going there. Only those who play official cricket can represent India."

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icl/content/story/305020.html

This is interesting, I thought from the start that the recruiting of young talent woukl be a problem and now, it will be an even greater one.

Sharad Pawar should stick to politics and leave cricket alone. By preventing more healthy competition he wants to ensure that BCCI gets all the big bucks... I'm afraid the BCCI will armtwist every current player/future prospect into ignoring the ICL.

I'm curious. In what way does BCCI legally hold monopoly over Indian Cricket? What is the legal basis for the BCCI being the only controller of cricket in India?

And no... I'm not talking about your opinions. I want solid, legal proof of this, not another person telling me that the BCCI is the official board of Indian cricket which everybody knows.

"As a member of the International Cricket Council (ICC), it has the authority to select players, umpires and officials to participate in international events and exercises total control over them. Without its recognition, no competitive cricket involving BCCI-contracted Indian players can be hosted within or outside the country. "
Yep, they have the legal rights.

There was also talk a few months back about the BCCI being judged like a state in the Indian country. Don't recall exactly what that was about, though.

Sharad Pawar should stick to politics and leave cricket alone. By preventing more healthy competition he wants to ensure that BCCI gets all the big bucks... I'm afraid the BCCI will armtwist every current player/future prospect into ignoring the ICL.

I'm curious. In what way does BCCI legally hold monopoly over Indian Cricket? What is the legal basis for the BCCI being the only controller of cricket in India?

And no... I'm not talking about your opinions. I want solid, legal proof of this, not another person telling me that the BCCI is the official board of Indian cricket which everybody knows.
Well you had that proof below your post, but why on Earth should the Cricket Boards not be the sole right holders of international cricket in their country? Anyone could organize cricket then and completely undermine the official ICC approved systems going on.

Now BCCI says that players who align themselves with ICL will never be able to play for India and they will be banned from domestic cricket too.

Users who are viewing this thread