Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hyderabad getting hit hard. ICL is now starting to make waves with Rayudu, categorized as a real talent by experts when he was playing junior levels, quitting his Ranji team to go play for ICL. ToI mentions that he was not getting along with the coach. In fact there are now 8 Hyderabadi cricketers having signed on for ICL, including their top wicket-taker last season.

Also two Mumbai cricketers including the unfortunately yet-unpicked Amol Muzumdar are also considering offers made to them by ICL. The other one is Nilesh Kulkarni, a spinner, I believe.

Afridi was also offered.And the agent b/w Pakistani players and ICL is none other than ex-player Moin Khan.

That also includes former India U-19 captain Ambati Rayadu,who should have broken into Team India by now.It seems that these ppl have been paid Rs90 lakh for joining the ICL.

Now these players will earn more than 30 lakhs per year and before they were earning 4-5 lakhs.They also had a job which they have lost now of just 7000 Rs per month.I hope other players follow the same route and kick BCCI's a**.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't blame them frankly. If they're getting paid more, it's all about earning your crust and setting up your family.

Exactly. Many people seem to forget the actual players involved (myself included). A Ranji Trophy player doesn't really earn enough to enjoy a decently comfortable lifestyle and there are many top players who are being kept out of the Indian team due to overfill or politics.

Exactly. Many people seem to forget the actual players involved (myself included). A Ranji Trophy player doesn't really earn enough to enjoy a decently comfortable lifestyle and there are many top players who are being kept out of the Indian team due to overfill or politics.

hmm you also play Ranji cricket?Then who better than you can tell about their livings.I hope ICL signs more Ranji players.I can see BCCI will be worried now.Becoz ICL is doing what BCCI have never done in the past 50 years of Indian cricket that is to start a professional cricket league.

hmm you also play Ranji cricket?Then who better than you can tell about their livings.I hope ICL signs more Ranji players.I can see BCCI will be worried now.Becoz ICL is doing what BCCI have never done in the past 50 years of Indian cricket that is to start a professional cricket league.
Haha no, of course I don't play Ranji cricket. I mean that I myself forget sometimes about players and the game. As Sunny Gavaskar said sometime during the Lord's test, when he was playing cricket, he was always playing for the team first, then himself and then for the fans. It is a sport after all, that you are playing for your team. Supporters bring the money into it which makes the lines a little gray.

NZ player chief calls for ICL support

Cricinfo staff

August 19, 2007
Lower pay scales means players such as Stephen Fleming are at greater risk of joining the ICL © Getty Images

The Indian Cricket League (ICL) has found further support, from the head of the New Zealand's players' body who is concerned that New Zealand will suffer most unless the ICC accommodates the ICL.

The ICC is due to meet early September to determine whether the ICL will be endorsed by the game's governing body. The players' associations will meet at the same time in Johannesburg. Heath Mills, manager of the New Zealand Cricket Players' Association, told the Herald on Sunday their message would be for the ICC to get behind the league, rather than to ostracise it.

"The ideal scenario from my point of view would be for the ICC to support it as long as it didn't impinge upon international cricket," he said. "I can't see many negatives of third-party funding coming into cricket and another professional league would give players an opportunity to earn more income, just like those who go to county cricket. What would concern me greatly was if the league was not sanctioned and it became a 'rebel' league,"

Mills said the comparatively low incomes of New Zealand's players made them a prime target for the ICL, arguing that cricket's big fish - the subcontinent, Australia, England and South Africa - have the resources to pay their players the sort of money that would ensure they don't jump ship.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/newzealand/content/current/story/307434.html

Users who are viewing this thread