Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is quite possible.
I think that even the umpires standard of living shall improve.
Yeah but ICL is targeting those who have been hit by ICC or their boards.NZ players hmm they can sign them.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm another news from ICL.Inzi's father confirms that he has signed the ICL contract.
Father confirms Inzy has signed up for ICL
KARACHI, August 19: Former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has become the first Pakistani player to sign up to play in the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL).

His father, Pir Intazam-ul-Haq confirmed on Sunday that his son had indeed signed up for the ICL.

"He is in London where he has to gone to play for Yorkshire. But yes, he has signed with the ICL. That is what he told me when I last spoke to him," he said.

Inzamam was the first Pakistani player to get an offer from the ICL and had made it clear he was interested in playing for the league as it gave him an opportunity to keep in touch with the game and earn some good money.

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Inzamam_has_signed_up_for_ICL/articleshow/2292783.cms

ICL won't appoint Hair, they've signed like 5-6 Pakistani players (if the rumours are true) - and they don't want those players to leave.

Yes its in the ARY news that inzi,razzaq,mahmood,farhat,yousuf has signed.Asim Kamal may join it.And shoiab and asif have been given the fresh offer.:eek: Whats going on is this Indian cricket league or Pakistan cricket league?:eek: ICL will announce its players lists on Monday.

Official website of the league has been launched, this will be the best place for official news I would guess.

That website had been launched a couple of weeks back. A small article in Mumbai Mirror stated, "The ICL has done what the BCCI still hasn't done--launched an official website."

That website had been launched a couple of weeks back. A small article in Mumbai Mirror stated, "The ICL has done what the BCCI still hasn't done--launched an official website."

Yes.I have read that news couple of days ago.I am waiting for ICL to disclose all their signings.Next couple of days are very important for the cricketing world.Kerry Packer revisited?It was the same thing happened 2 decades ago when Kerry Packer lost the TV rights even though his network 9 outbid the other contender he didnt get rights for the Australian cricket.And then he started that league.Same thing happening with ICL now.Players vs boards now.;)

Kerry Packer thing was different.
He started off with 'one-day cricket' which was in full flow even at that time.

I wonder,how the ICL is going to hunt for talent in a T20 tournament ?

Well...this is the final roster.

Inzamam, Yousuf, Klusener head ICL roster

Cricinfo staff

August 20, 2007

The Indian Cricket League unveiled its roster of players for the first season on Monday, including Pakistan's Inzamam-ul-Haq and Mohammad Yousuf, South Africans Lance Klusener and Nicky Boje, and 45 Indian players. The Indians included internationals JP Yadav, Deep Dasgupta, Dinesh Mongia and Reetinder Sodhi and promising youngsters Ambati Rayudu and Abhishek Jhunjhunwala.

Full article: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icl/content/current/story/307545.html

This is certainly interesting. It seems that both Mohammad Yousuf and Abdul Razzaq will have to face the wroth of the PCB. The former has not shown intentions of retiring from international cricket while the latter has, in the aftermath of his drop (Yousuf was also incidentally dropped) from the twenty20 championship.

Lance Klusener is as good as a twenty20 player as he is a ODI player. He plays the finisher role very well and can also blast quick 30s if batting first. His bowling is not quite as effective in twenty20 but useful nonetheless. Nicky Boje is 34 and although with one or two years left in him for an international career, he is not giving up much by potentially ending his career by signing for the ICL, he too is a most useful twenty20 player.

That Lance Klusener signing has definitely peaked my interest in the league.

I think the PCB is instead on the end of the wrath of some of it's best cricketers.

They ditched Inzamam after his retirement from ODIs, then according to Abdul Razzaq, the manner in which they picked the T20 team was offensive to veterans who had always given their best to their country. Yousuf would have been regarded by the PCB as their protection for the decision on Inzamam, but instead their test hopes are now more dismal.

In their hubris they thought those players would just sit and take the ragdoll treatment, but now if they carry out their threats of banning them from the team, it will hurt them a lot more than it hurts the players.

The signing of such players gives ICL powerful leverage, which is a step in the direction of official recognition for the league.

Looking at the roster of Indian players; there are a few very good players in there. All of the players are 30 or under and some have very good domestic records. Yashpal Singh, for example, averages 60 in First Class cricket and 42 in List A cricket. Good domestic records seem to hold true for about 75% of the over 25s with a large portion of the others having played less than fifteen domestic matches. There a few handy all rounders in there too.

The only regret I have about this league is that India will be missing out on five or six potential international canditiates; Yashpal Singh and Deeraj Yadhav in particular. One bowler, Taduri Prakash Sudhindra, is classified as Right Arm Fast but I doubt this claim is true.

Lots of names being revealed there. I wonder if Pakistan will stand by their original stance that any ICL players will be banned from playing for Pakistan again because if they do, they could be in a lot of trouble without Inzy and Yousuf in tests.

Opposition to the ICC?
When asked what these cricketers would do for the remaining 325 days in the year, while they were not playing the Twenty20 tournament, Kapil said, "In this age we have to give them cricket. Our league is starting this year with Twenty20. This is the first step. We plan to have fifty-over matches and three-day matches in the coming future."

Ooo, this is getting interesting now, is this going to be direct compitition to the ICC?

Users who are viewing this thread