Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sohum, now the courts have also come out in favour of the ICL. It seems that Public Sector Organizations cannot fire or threaten to fire employees who choose the ICL over the BCCI. And now the ICL is also challenging the BCCI over exclusive use of the Indian national flag in court. They have definitely gone on the offensive :p

Gaining momentum... I can only hope that the quality of cricket will live up to the hype generated at the moment.

Yeah I read about that. I'm still not comfortable about the legal action pursued by the ICL. While I think they are correct in claiming that the BCCI should have no power to ban players from the national team just because they are playing in another tournament, I think the current system of the BCCI selecting the national team works well. Of course, the only problem is that the BCCI will now have those players officially considered for selection but will never select them, so Zee has to pursue this sort of legal action.

Yeah I read about that. I'm still not comfortable about the legal action pursued by the ICL. While I think they are correct in claiming that the BCCI should have no power to ban players from the national team just because they are playing in another tournament, I think the current system of the BCCI selecting the national team works well. Of course, the only problem is that the BCCI will now have those players officially considered for selection but will never select them, so Zee has to pursue this sort of legal action.

I think it's more to protect the employment of those in PSUs who choose the ICL over playing for their official domestic side.

Wow! Damien Martyn. Jeez, strange what money can do. He is a class player...No wait...Was....

I didnt like him anyways. Hasn't helped out WA.

According to an indian cricket forum member, ESPN Sports Center have broken the news that Murali has joined hte ICL for $2 million. More news as I get it.

Wow! Damien Martyn. Jeez, strange what money can do. He is a class player...No wait...Was....

I didnt like him anyways. Hasn't helped out WA.
Four years ago, WA had a backlog of batsmen so long that players like David Hussey didn't even feature on their list. Even now, WA are far from in a hole.

Martyn signs for the ICL. That's a pretty big name.

According to an indian cricket forum member, ESPN Sports Center have broken the news that Murali has joined the ICL for $2 million. More news as I get it.

This is pretty big news as well. But with some controversy, because Muralitharan is still playing with Sri Lanka.

What is the Sri Lankan cricket board's stand on the ICL?

Last thing I know it's the same as Pakistan and India.

Sri Lanka board threatens to ban players joining ICL
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icl/content/story/306221.html

Last edited:
It must be a fake, since the internet news has not picked up on it. Sorry about that, thought I would just break the information.

:(, always liked Hall. Has international cricket got trouble now or what? I don't expect England players to join tbh.

Murali isn't joining the ICL.

McGrath hasn't accepted either.... or has he?

Users who are viewing this thread