Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really. Ok then how long did Slater and Mark Waugh and Darren Lehmann play for their states for?

I obviously can't tell you how long they played after officially retiring from international cricket but after their last Test/ODI, Slater played State cricket for just over two years, Mark Waugh for 18 months and Lehman is still playing after three years.

Thread title changed for ease of navigation. Small note is that a new thread will be started for actual discussion of the specific tournament once the specifics are announced.

The IPL now sounds more interesting according to me. Lets see what the ICL can do to bring back all the attention to their side. Its clearly a war between BCCI and Zee and the BCCI have been winning it very well so far.

Shoaib, Pollock, Oram join IPL: BCCI
Cricinfo staff
October 16, 2007

Shoaib Akhtar, Shaun Pollock and Jacob Oram have joined the Indian Premier League (IPL), according to Lalit Modi, the IPL chairman and a vice-president of the Indian board (BCCI).

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/315695.html

The star power is undoubtably there but isn't this overkill of overseas players in the tournament?

The IPL now sounds more interesting according to me. Lets see what the ICL can do to bring back all the attention to their side. Its clearly a war between BCCI and Zee and the BCCI have been winning it very well so far.

I thin kit would be wise to say that the BCCI has won it.
I really do not see ZEE doin anything from here now seeing as their roster now stands short of Inzi and Yousuf.
More will move out and eventually thew system will break down.
They were to have started the tournament-but its all gone.The prospect's black.

I thin kit would be wise to say that the BCCI has won it.
I really do not see ZEE doin anything from here now seeing as their roster now stands short of Inzi and Yousuf.
More will move out and eventually thew system will break down.
They were to have started the tournament-but its all gone.The prospect's black.

The ICL does have some promising talent to it and one of their main features is that they are giving good coaches the oppotunities at the top in these coaching sessions that the media love to report on.

They also have the 100% backing of the television network and will have the capabilities to promote the competition on Zee as they wish. They do have more potential than is being given credit for.

If the BCCI were smart and willing for their pride to take a hit, they would use the ICL as a secondary T20 league to work below the IPL as a way to groom long term talent rather than those who have already displayed their ability. In the long term, the ICL management could run the equivalent of Grade Cricket in India in the form of the Ranji Trophies, and the ICL and the BCCI could run the interstate competitions, Nissar Trophy, Challenger Trophy and India A.

But that's just wishful thinking.

They also have the 100% backing of the television network and will have the capabilities to promote the competition on Zee as they wish. They do have more potential than is being given credit for.

If the BCCI were smart and willing for their pride to take a hit, they would use the ICL as a secondary T20 league to work below the IPL as a way to groom long term talent rather than those who have already displayed their ability. In the long term, the ICL management could run the equivalent of Grade Cricket in India in the form of the Ranji Trophies, and the ICL and the BCCI could run the interstate competitions, Nissar Trophy, Challenger Trophy and India A.

The problem is that Chandra doesnt want anything else than the Indian telecast rights.
The BCCI will never strike a deal with ZEE seeing as ZEE cancelled their telecast rights package with them.[the outside India rights].

Obviously they will have the backing of the television channel,but its not going to help if that tele channel is not available in certain parts of India.

well....indian premier league..will kill indian cricket league..

I think you have used the wrong tense.:p

IPL has already killed the ICL.

ICL to begin on November 30
Cricinfo staff
October 23, 2007

The inaugural tournament of the Indian Cricket League (ICL) - the ICL 20 20 Indian Championship - will be held between November 30 and December 16 at the Tau Devi Lal Cricket Stadium in Panchkula, Chandigarh.

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/316636.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

There is now little doubt that the ICL will be a reality. What it lacks in star power, it hopes to make up with superior organisation and coaching.

I'm surprised Nicky Boje has signed for the ICL.
I thought he wasn't even allowed back in India after some bookie issues?

Chandigarh? Only because it's Kapil's hometown?
Peh.
Are they building the stadium?

Users who are viewing this thread